Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Your midlife crisis car?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 00:59 Go to next message
I was talking with my other half the other day about midlife crisis cars and I got to thinking. The cars that normal people would buy as their midlife crisis cars would be the sort of cars that I'd buy normally anyway.
So what would my midlife crisis car be?! I was thinking and thinking and couldn't think of one, then she goes "What about that huge car?".
And it was like http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon3.gif!! Bless her soul, she knows me so well!

Hit the nail on the head! When I'm in my midlife crisis, I will be cruising around in a blinged up Century with one Vietnamese flag and one Aussie flag flapping up the front!! Mwuahahaha!!

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog_photos/toyota/century/toyota_century_8918.jpg

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog_photos/toyota/century/toyota_century_8923.jpg

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog_photos/toyota/century/toyota_century_8926.jpg

Hell yeah!!

So what will be your midlife crisis cars?
  Send a private message to this user    
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holden gemini ft 12a powah.

whem im in my mid-life ages but Evil or Very Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark, you and me will be having the same car I fear! Though, mine will be before mid-life I think heheh I love those Centurys! that or a pimped Celsior
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I ever have a mid life crisis I would probably go and do something stupid like build a KE20 with a 20B Twin Turbo or something.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, i think i would buy a harley. I love bikes, that or a CBR 1100.
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<----
seems i'm already having my mid-life crisis now then Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
|
|
|
V

[Updated on: Mon, 14 March 2005 03:53]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my uncle bought a wrx my auntie an XT turbo and my dad a SSS and a camry touring.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nitephyre wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 14:53

<----
seems i'm already having my mid-life crisis now then Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
|
|
|
V

It was YOU! you were at the drifts, i remembered the car but didn't know who owned it..now i know pimp man.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude his from QLD it may of been him but i highly doubt it, are you talking the drifts at oran I didn't see a century in the lot i got there early and left when there weren't to many cars though.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would have to be an Elfin Clubman...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you seen a century dropped on 18's?
WHOLY CRAPPING VIP JESUS
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no other midlife chrisis car that beats whatever the latest Porsche 911 version is current
jiraiya
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ariel Atom

Hands down the only car i would buy in a midlife crisis (not gonna happen for a while since im 17 but meh)

Just like a motorcyle but much faster.

Anyone seen that episode of Top Gear with the Atom?
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Century is phat.....i believe the only Toyota to have a V12 engine...sweet!!

Mine would have to be the new GS430. black with 19 inch wheels (not chromed tho)
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My theory goes 1 vehicle for purpose, such as a van or ute. And then one vehicle for fun/adrenaline/showoff.

If however i survive to mid life crisis age,(im 15) i think ill go with a 1989 toyota celsior. slammed with some rather phat alloys.
sv_i
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Datsun 2000 Convertable. Thats my mid 20's crisis car Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe as above

mid 20's crisis car = mz20 soarer.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man, that century is definatley worth a look for my mid life crisis car...... Very Happy

either that or that 26 wheeled limo that has a swimming pool and a heli pad........

nice

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must be in denial.I'm 43, I own a 66 Mustang and the RA28 with the 3TGTE.

Crisis? What Crisis?

Cheers, Greg.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would get a KE20 with a turboed 4cyl and a good drive line that was engineered, tidy it up a bit ,Paint it some wicked colour and look into taking it to the drags,track days, etc

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! Somebody help me I'm having a midlife crisis!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! Does this mean I'm only going to live till I'm 62?????? Bugger this I'm off to the shed to do some work to my KE
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

LOL Greg Laughing

I hear you. What crisis? I should be having mine about now but nothing's happened. I think I had my mlc when I was in my 20's - when I was stronger and able to handle it better. I'm just waiting to come out of it.

seeyuzz
river
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwahaha i'm only 20 my midlife crisis car hasn't been built yet Razz
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmms - probably a 1uzfte twin turbo " roaring forties " kit car

Or an is200 with a gen 3sgte swap worked off its nuts
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i'm having my mid-20's life crisis now too....

UZS131 Crown, with phatt 18's on the way.

http://www.witzl.com/crown/al%20palmers%20001.jpg
http://www.importbitz.com.au/images/wheels/wheel24.jpg
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mid life crisis was brought to an abrupt holt with another new addition to the family. Now my pride and joy is up for grabs whilst I'm out shopping for a 'sensible' car. Sad

<--- Carlos Sainz #5 - haven't seen a better unmodified Group A yet. Call me if you are interested 0412 286 484

[Updated on: Mon, 14 March 2005 10:12]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with whoever said porche
Porsche 997 is HOT
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Mon, 14 March 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pimped out Celsior for me, VIP stlye Evil or Very Mad
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so many to choose from if i had a mid life crisis now (at 18) id probly build a mini truck full bags complete with a 2j but bit later itll be a m3 or a s2000 id say that or a big cruisier boat
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This would be nice. Although i would rather it have spinners Very Happy

http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/userfiles/fatmr2/Hummer%20H2%2050cent.jpg
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as the mid life crisis is buying a sports car I think I may be in a mid life crisis for a long time Smile
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 20:14

(drools like Homer Simpson)
Ooooh GT40 Ooooooowwwwwwwww
Those cars are SENSATIONAL!
I saw a genuine GT40 racing at a historic meeting at Eastern Creek last year.
I just read a write up on the "Roaring Forties" facility. Man they do a good job and only $118,000 for a complete, ready to register car, not that I could ever afford that.

Brad
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
360 Modena.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
latest m3 beamer

with a wide body kit, bags, 18 inch rims, tan leather intereior, nice big install with lots of tv's sensibly placed, and a nice sound system,

i only plan to live to about 34,

OH FUCK, that means my mid life crisis is now Very Happy

YIPEEEEE

donate all funds to NOLANS-BEAMER-PROJECT,

Laughing

CHEERS

NOLAN
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am for teh Porsche OR I will finally get the KE20 full tube chassis and 4 link fitted with 1UZ FTTE power.

Like some here, I may have been in a mid life crisis for some time now.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BradW wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 21:08

Classique71 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 20:14

(drools like Homer Simpson)
Ooooh GT40 Ooooooowwwwwwwww
Those cars are SENSATIONAL!
I saw a genuine GT40 racing at a historic meeting at Eastern Creek last year.
I just read a write up on the "Roaring Forties" facility. Man they do a good job and only $118,000 for a complete, ready to register car, not that I could ever afford that.

Brad

http://www.erareplicas.com/cars/red_gt/redgt.jpg

Oohhhhh yeahhh
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOLAN - may i ask why 18s and not 20s???
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/jledley/Stuff/Cars/audi_s8-2.jpg

Surprised
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chev silverado space cab, or ducati 916 but im only 25, oh the cars to come Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chev silverado = teh ghey Razz

they were just soooo comon and such a soccermum's car in the states!

You want a Tundra (might be Tacoma, cant remember which is the big one) with twin turbos, monster truck kit, and 40" tyres!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i'll take a tank as my midlife crisis that or a lamborghini. Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and with my tank i shall rid australia of hyundai excels muhuhahhahaha
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'm 18 so by the time i get to my Midlife petrol cars won't exist so i will take an XX19G5 Model X Toyota Hover Car
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Tue, 15 March 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mid life crissis number 1 Very Happy

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/wantaturbo/Ferrari-360-Modena-01_1024.jpg
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crisis number 2 Razz

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/wantaturbo/merc.jpg
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and last but not least, the ultimate mid life crisis car:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/wantaturbo/elenor.jpg

Drowl.....
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from that angle the mustang looks ugly the bonnet bulge goes way too high, as for the merc its close enough to a tank I use it to ram some excels, the ferrari overpriced overrated audi RS6, lamborghini performance that kills any ferrari even enzo for half the price
Anyone seen the GT-r lambo coming out rear wheel drive murcielago stripped for less wieght same as gallardo or maybe less 6.5L V12 522 kw,thats what i'm talking about, highest gearset sees it hit 370kmph.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 11:21

from that angle the mustang looks ugly the bonnet bulge goes way too high, as for the merc its close enough to a tank I use it to ram some excels, the ferrari overpriced overrated audi RS6, lamborghini performance that kills any ferrari even enzo for half the price
Anyone seen the GT-r lambo coming out rear wheel drive murcielago stripped for less wieght same as gallardo or maybe less 6.5L V12 522 kw,thats what i'm talking about, highest gearset sees it hit 370kmph.

way to shatter my dreams Razz The ferrari i actually want is a maranello like out of bad boys 2 and the i really love the sounds of elenor in gone in 60 seconds. Merc would prob be the ultimate when the second mid life crisis when im havin back issues Razz luxory comfort, not to mention great for smokin try hards thinking there skyline is all that cause this merc in particular has a generous 450kw engine Very Happy Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it the sl65amg with 1000nm of torque (limited to stop the gearbox and driveline from dieing) don't laugh to hard at the skyline's though a modded one will still kick you arse cos there car doesn't weigh 2.3 tonnes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 08:21

lamborghini performance that kills any ferrari even enzo for half the price

Bahahahahahahahahahaha....no. Yes the RS6 is fast, but not *that* fast.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was not reffering to the RS6 beating the enzo just the new GTr murcielago kinda misleading i know, but imagine spending the same amount on RS6 as an enzo then tell me which ones faster, ultimate sleeper, my uncle has an Rs4 with has 330-350kw after a few mods mmmmm noice.
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 08:43

i was not reffering to the RS6 beating the enzo just the new GTr murcielago kinda misleading i know, but imagine spending the same amount on RS6 as an enzo then tell me which ones faster, ultimate sleeper, my uncle has an Rs4 with has 330-350kw after a few mods mmmmm noice.

Were you talking about my Audi or did someone else post an RS6? Mine's an A8.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want the RS6 stuff midlife crisis i want one now. 4.2 litre twin turbo V8 mmm noice shame its only an auto though,
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, Nice. I'll take two.........I wonder if I should make a thread now about putting a 2JZ in one, juuust in case Rolling Eyes
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 11:39

is it the sl65amg with 1000nm of torque (limited to stop the gearbox and driveline from dieing) don't laugh to hard at the skyline's though a modded one will still kick you arse cos there car doesn't weigh 2.3 tonnes

I not laughin at the skylines my mate has one and im a huge fan of it i just hate the try hard guys that get a non turbo one put a wanker cannon on it and thinks its the fastest car alive, would just be funny as to c the face of one of them when a 50 year old in his merc destroys him off the line Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
be even funnier is a Cayenne turbo, the audi would be better though mercs have more cred so to really demolish there ego the Rs6 would be better that its only marginally slower from lesser power says it all, motor clocked 0-100 on 4.96 in the wagon version mmm roofracks ultimate sleeper eva
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven. nah i'm a brissy bloke mate... Smile

Witzl, those rims.. what where how much etc.. cause i'd say they'd fit my century, offset and that shit i don't understand is probably very close, or the same.. being the driveline etc is crown based

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 01:52]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo - gimme a few years and i shall have that GT500E as gift from my uncle Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 03:16]

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 14:16

WantaTurbo - gimme a few years and i shall have that GT500E as gift from my uncle Very Happy

Shocked Shocked your uncle owns elenor?!?!?! and your gettin it as a gift ??? sooooooo jealous
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was two for sale in aus recently one for 140k unregistered the other 85K
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Your midlife crisis car? Wed, 16 March 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
.......... Smile one of these three will do just fine.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/p146602_image_large.jpg

http://www.discountpartcenter.com/photos/03-02-04-02-Lamborghini-Murcielago-Roadster.jpg

http://img108.exs.cx/img108/8520/comaro28ea.jpg
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Breakdown of Parts Weights MA/JZA70
Next Topic:Packing a engine up to freight interstate? what do you guys use? and how do u do it?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 04:47:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083069801330566 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.