Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Sun, 13 March 2005 07:00 Go to next message
Does anybody else get a little paranoid and extra cautious when seeing a driver with one of those big fukk off rearview mirrors?

Today when i was driving down the great western I stuck to my theory of being a little more cautious around these drivers and luckily avoided 3/3 accidents!! Thats right 3 seperate drivers 3 seperate incidents all involving them trying to merge into my lane..I understand that anything to stop puppets who cant drive having accidents is a good thing but ffs if you dont know how to turn your head 45 degrees you shouldnt be driving Rolling Eyes

end rant Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Sun, 13 March 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yep, I've seen those things. They look like an IMAX screen stuck in their car. Most of them are slighlty convex so I guess they can see from B-pillar to B-pillar, but somehow never quite get to see what's coming up behind them or beside them. And, in an accident it'd be like a shop-front window flying around the car. Silly looking things that oughta be banned - and if you need one to see what's behind you then you oughta be banned too!

Like you, when I see a car infront of me with one of those wide-screen r/v mirrors, I take a wide berth and stay extra cautious.

seeyuzz
river
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Sun, 13 March 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe you should try to avert driving next to people when there in a merging lane?
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Sun, 13 March 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 18:54

Maybe you should try to avert driving next to people when there in a merging lane?

Haha sorry mate didnt realise you had one Razz No merging lane mate just a normal road but dont get me started on people who cant understand the basic principle of slowing down or speeding up when merging so you dont have to jump into the middle lane to aviod them Rolling Eyes
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Mon, 14 March 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont get me started - I drive m4 each way every day. there is nothing worse than the person in front doing 50km/hr while you're trying to merge into 110
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Mon, 14 March 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy an old valiant - small cars bounce off them without leaving any damage.

plus people will avoid you out of fear - you'll never stop quickly and you usually shunt things out of your way.

also, after many years of neglect the suspension settles down to a sort of permanent low-rider setting
Razz
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Mon, 14 March 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 11:54

dont get me started - I drive m4 each way every day. there is nothing worse than the person in front doing 50km/hr while you're trying to merge into 110

Amanda Keller once said "Its a zipper".

If people realised this then merging gets much smoother.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Mon, 14 March 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you have turbo powahz in teeny weeny cars, merging becomes simplistic:

# pick a small gap and mash the right pedal to match speed, turning the big round wheely thing in front of you to avoid cars in your way (a-la "Chase HQ")
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Mon, 14 March 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 13:06

couldn't have said it better...... without all the swearwords too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Mon, 14 March 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 17:28

# pick a small gap and mash the right pedal to match speed, turning the big round wheely thing in front of you to avoid cars in your way (a-la "Chase HQ")

Or, if you've got a "large as a barge imported V8 Crown" you just pick a small car and yell "Incoming" and go for it! Smile

seeyuzz
river
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Mon, 14 March 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asians and islanders love those mirrors. no offense to anyone asian or islander but its just an observation. but then again i find islander love any sort of accessories, their cars are always decked out with $2 accessories.
again, not trying to turn this into a race thing for those always on the edge of theire seat ready to label someone Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Mon, 14 March 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 18:00

Does anybody else get a little paranoid and extra cautious when seeing a driver with one of those big fukk off rearview mirrors?

Today when i was driving down the great western I stuck to my theory of being a little more cautious around these drivers and luckily avoided 3/3 accidents!! Thats right 3 seperate drivers 3 seperate incidents all involving them trying to merge into my lane..I understand that anything to stop puppets who cant drive having accidents is a good thing but ffs if you dont know how to turn your head 45 degrees you shouldnt be driving Rolling Eyes

end rant Very Happy

i have one and i dont need to look at my blindspot no more ... plus i can see up girls skirts ... in the next car ..

thumbs up
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Tue, 15 March 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 00:03

riceburna73 wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 18:00

end rant Very Happy

i have one and i dont need to look at my blindspot no more ... plus i can see up girls skirts ... in the next car ..

thumbs up

how?
are their legs on the dash?
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Tue, 15 March 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no but mine is extra convex .. can see anything !
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Tue, 15 March 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf is wrong with the standard mirror ffs?

god i hate those stupid fugging mirrors Mad
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Wed, 16 March 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 08:50

wtf is wrong with the standard mirror ffs?

god i hate those stupid fugging mirrors Mad

yep and what worries me is when they have to drive someone elses car,what happens then? when you havent had to look over your shoulder for however long! one thing my dad taught me when learning how to drive was never trust your mirrors always check properly.. I think they should be banned!!!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Wed, 16 March 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

omg.. people in brisbane can merge,, sydney drivers have a "fuck you, me first" attitude and it makes me SO angry, so if i c one guy not letting someone in i let 3 in just to smooth it out...

fuckheads...
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Wed, 16 March 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 22:37

omg.. people in brisbane can merge,, sydney drivers have a "fuck you, me first" attitude and it makes me SO angry, so if i c one guy not letting someone in i let 3 in just to smooth it out...

fuckheads...

lol good ol sydney,

road rage kings Laughing

NOLAN
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Wed, 16 March 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 19:37

Hi,

THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 17:28

Or, if you've got a "large as a barge imported V8 Crown" you just pick a small car and yell "Incoming" and go for it! Smile

seeyuzz
river

PMSL.

That quote is GOLD Very Happy Or, if you've got a "large as a barge imported V8 Crown" you just pick a small car and yell "Incoming" and go for it! Smile
Sheepdawg
Newcomer

May 2003
Re: Extra LARGE rearview mirrors!! Fri, 18 March 2005 19:28 Go to previous message
Nolan wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 22:40

ae86drift wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 22:37

fuckheads...

lol good ol sydney,

road rage kings Laughing

NOLAN

I felt depressed driving in Sydney after driving back from Melbourne. Everyones in a hurry to goto hell or something.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:lets just say i'm happy i don't drive a poweder blue civic........
Next Topic:Crazy Drumming - Buddy Rich vs Animal (muppet)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:18:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056171417236328 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.