Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » GT4 st165 Rough idle.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nimrod
Regular

May 2003
GT4 st165 Rough idle. Mon, 14 March 2005 07:29 Go to next message
Hey guys, this morning i found my car really hard to start it turns over fine but just will not start, the after itw arms up it runs great while driving but at idle its very rough, ive had the head gasket checked and its fine, ive been told to do a throttle body set up but how do i do that? Cheers all help comments appreciated
  Send a private message to this user    
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
icon4.gif  Re: GT4 st165 Rough idle. Mon, 14 March 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not too familiar with the st165 setup but to clean the throttle body properly u will probably have to remove the intercooler to spray it in there.
Has it been serviced recently?check ur spark plugs and fuel filter also.what fuel are you running in it? premium only right?u might have got some bad stuff.i find shell fuels run shit in my car, i never touch the stuff.

btw, where abouts in melb are you? i've seen a grey st165 with the original white stickers on the side a fair bit around templestowe area?is that you?
Nimrod
Regular

May 2003
Re: GT4 st165 Rough idle. Mon, 14 March 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man that would be me, i use mobil synergy 8000, its got new iridiums, new fuel filter, serviced every 5000kms. i think i might have a split hose under the intake manifold, i can hear an intake leak. just cant find the dam hose
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 st165 Rough idle. Mon, 14 March 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has it had a PROPER tune yet ?

I believe youve just got the car - just thiking it might have sat a while and need a good once over to make sure its not running rich/lean/timing up to poo etc
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: GT4 st165 Rough idle. Mon, 14 March 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just like a bad earth is the root cause of most electrical problems, so a vaccum leak is suspect number one for a poor idle.
Go to it man !
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 st165 Rough idle. Tue, 15 March 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah vacuum leak is my guess. Try cleaning your injectors too, that can cause some issues with idling etc, does the 165 have a CSI? I can't remember and I have a bad reaction to my GT4 at the moment so I can't go near it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 st165 Rough idle. Tue, 15 March 2005 08:39 Go to previous message
if it had a vaccuum leak wouldn't it still run crap at temp?just a thought..because he says it runs fine once its warmed up.

Hey nimrod, come to the cruise/meet this Sunday if your free. there are alot of people that wanna see your car Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Overheating on freeway
Next Topic:FJ40 landcruiser. power steering conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:55:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048329830169678 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.