Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Check Light codes for the 1GGTE Wed, 27 November 2002 04:24 Go to next message
Does anyone know where I can find the engine check light codes for the 1GGTE ?
  Send a private message to this user    
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Check Light codes for the 1GGTE Wed, 27 November 2002 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod,
Try Grant. Apart from him, i got no idea who would have any. Have you got some faults?? They *may* have something to do with it being an auto motor (loom?), but im taking a stab in the dark. I never got any fault codes with mine, because i never had an engine check light hooked up Very Happy .

Did that AFM pipe and dump pipe fit??
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Check Light codes for the 1GGTE Wed, 27 November 2002 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phill,

AFM pipe fits perfectly and dump pipe goes on tonight so I can see if it starts Smile

Mos wired the engine check light and till light to the factory bank of 5 red lights on the dash Smile

When we first tried it we got error code 16 so have to see what happens tonight Smile Could be because its and Auto Loom and Manual ECU and Gearbow ?? Not sure yet.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Check Light codes for the 1GGTE Thu, 28 November 2002 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just do a search on the net for toyota obd II codes, there is heaps of sites on it. I am pretty sure that they are the same as the 1G as some sites say that toyota used the same OBD system for all cars....

Tim.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Check Light codes for the 1GGTE Sat, 30 November 2002 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gee I hope u have not taken the car for a drive yet 'cos u will be real disappointed. Check light 16 refers to the knock sensors - which means the the ecu will have reacted and retarded the ignition lots - the car will run like a dog. Most likely cause will be loose plug on one of the knock sensors. There are 2 of them and they are located under the inlet manifold.

Unless u have also swapped over the speedo U will also have a check light 42 when u get the beast on the road. This is easy to get around just use a cruise control pickup on the tailshaft. A 42 appears if the engine runs for 3,000 rpm for longer than 20 secs while stationary!

Craig
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Check Light codes for the 1GGTE Tue, 03 December 2002 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHA!!!!

So i probably had a heap of engine check signals ! But i never knew, had no check light Twisted Evil

Oh well, MoTeC fixes that right up Twisted Evil
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Check Light codes for the 1GGTE Tue, 03 December 2002 11:49 Go to previous message
Craig,

Actually the car has been for a few squirts around the block now and hauls arse ! Will check out the knock sensors anyway tho Smile

Thanks,
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Norbie, electrical MA61 question for you
Next Topic:Help & Info Needed on turbocharging aw11 mr2.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 12:06:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038039684295654 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.