Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Sun, 13 March 2005 08:26 Go to next message
I'm thinking of getting a second car its the Mitsubishi VR4 vs V8 Soarer. I'm thinking the Soarer would be more comfortable, but wouldn't be much fun to drive?? VR4 has 4 doors and from what I've heard quite fast?

I want something comfortable but also entertaining to drive. What you guys think?

Send a private message to this user    
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Sun, 13 March 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jump on clubvr-4.org, my mate has one, stock TD05 turbo @ 15psi = good fun
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Sun, 13 March 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't speak for the Soarer as I have never driven one. But the impression I get from people I know that own them and from articles I have is that they are more of a cruisy car. They are quick (esp if twin turbo 6) comfortable and well built but they are quite heavy too. A Skyline R32 etc would be more "fun to drive", they look nicer in my opinion, although there are other attributes in which the Soarers are superior

However I have owned a VR4 and can be in a position to offer more constructive advice. They have a very strong engine/gearbox and with a bit more boost and other mods can be made to go very quick. They are comfortable, have soft seats and feel solid. But they are quite soggy and vauge in steering/handling. Mine would understeer into corners massively, the front end would then lurch as the nose came around. After turn-in the rear would wiggle a bit and in extreme cases almost slide out, and this would definitely occur in the wet if you were pushing it. Not fun in my book.

I sold mine for various factors including the annoyance at the shitty build quality for an imported jap car in many aspects, in particular the body/paint and developing rust that would have ending up costing me a lot of money in around 2 years or so had I kept it.

Anyway the main reason why I got rid of it was that it was not fun to drive. They feel "heavy" to drive instead. If I wanted that in a car, I would have just bought a Falcodore. If you decide against the Soarer I would strongly recommend a RS Turbo (I've owned one and they are a ball-and still very comfortable) or a GT4 Celica.

Good luck with your choice.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2005 23:38]

hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Sun, 13 March 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My brother has just bought a VR-4 and it is a great car. really comfortable with good power. don't know about the handling tho cause he bought his with about 6-8 grand of whiteline stuff on it.

GL wit ur decision
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Tue, 15 March 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only reason I'm thinking about buying a VR4 is there is one for sale that have only done 40000ks, which is basically new.

I guess I'll just keep looking, hopefully I'll find something good in my price range. Thanks for all your opinion.

74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Tue, 15 March 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my biased opinion....I say go the VR-4.

Although my personal favourite is the HJ Galant...and I'm pretty sure there was a 4WD V6 turbo/twin turbo model....just food for thought
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Tue, 15 March 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The only reason I'm thinking about buying a VR4 is there is one for sale that have only done 40000ks, which is basically new
In that case go for it, if the price is still cheap.
But be prepared to spend $2k + for suspension mods, if you enjoy driving. Smile

No matter how good the condition is in, you will have to wait ages for it to sell in a few years time as they are not very popular, and you will get screwed down for the $ you get in the end just to get rid of it. So make sure you bargain down the price if you buy it.

Check the bottoms of the A pillars for cracks/rust. Also around the boot openings and under the rubber seal.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Tue, 15 March 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stick with toyota! soarer look better a Galant is an even uglier magna that is trying to b an evo
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Wed, 16 March 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude it ain't trying to be an evo it existed before them. nice car shame about the face
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Galant VR4 or V8 Soarer Wed, 16 March 2005 01:00 Go to previous message
but remember from the inside you don't have to look at it so shit all really matters.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ATTN: 5 stud converted MA61 owners
Next Topic:legal tyre sizes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:39:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081009864807129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.