Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » !!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
!!! Tue, 15 March 2005 11:31 Go to next message
We have been Hi-Jacked NOOOOOOOOOOOOo
  Send a private message to this user    
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Tue, 15 March 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Locking of threads in NT/TAS forum

Quote:

Hi Joshstix, I understand that the NT/TAS forum is for events only but most of the topics that dont seem directly relative to our events are still indirectly related as they keep the others up to date on their vehicles. We have a pretty good scene going on in Tasmania and like to keep the threads fairly well on topic but on occasions, we find that because it is a regional board its easy to manage selling/trading parts, and general discussion between each other here.

My suggestions, if this cannot contine, would be to create regional "General" boards for each state if possible as myself and others do not wish to continue to abuse the system.

Look forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Nick Rainbird
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: !!! Tue, 15 March 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea hopefully that works... its a bit silly tho cause its not like people from everywhere else are interested in our chats i haven't seen anyone that isn't from NT or TAS talkin our state forums!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah true i'm pretty sure most of the posts are event related.

i like the letter nick it sounds so resume`
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reply by Joshstix

Quote:

Take a look at the rules. I see you've been around for a grand time of 2 months, so you have not seen the rubbish that has gone on before with the regional forums.

The regional forums are there to promote Toyota events in other states where Toymods can not organise events. The rest of the forum is there for things other than regional events. If you want a general car discussion do it in general, if you want a thread about your car put it in members rides, if you want to sell things put it in the for sale section.

The aim is to promote a Toyota community which means minimum segregation. If this doesn't suit you I suggest starting your own Tasmania forum and setting your own rules.

Well, what do I say to that? I'm sure you all know what I'm thinking but I'm not about to say it at risk of being banned. I can't help it that I am 'new', everyone has to start somewhere and it doesn't mean that I'm less responsible than others. Its easy to see when people are being irresponsible on the formus, and we are not.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 00:49]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What you guys are currently doing is working towards having this section of the forum closed.

If you choose not to follow the rules you will not be allowed to use the forum.

TRD_Supra you have been around long enough to know better. You were put on probation for the blatant disregard of the rules previously and now you choose to continue to break the rules. I see no reason why you should be allowed to continue using the Toymods forum if you choose not to follow the rules.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 11:42

Reply by Joshstix

Quote:

Take a look at the rules. I see you've been around for a grand time of 2 months, so you have not seen the rubbish that has gone on before with the regional forums.

The regional forums are there to promote Toyota events in other states where Toymods can not organise events. The rest of the forum is there for things other than regional events. If you want a general car discussion do it in general, if you want a thread about your car put it in members rides, if you want to sell things put it in the for sale section.

The aim is to promote a Toyota community which means minimum segregation. If this doesn't suit you I suggest starting your own Tasmania forum and setting your own rules.

Well, what do I say to that? I'm sure you all know what I'm thinking but I'm not about to say it at risk of being banned.

What do you want to reply?

What is your problem with the aims of the Toymods forum to promote the general toyota community without splitting it up based on regional location?

The Toymods forum is run by the Toymods Car Club Inc, and is run for the benefit of the members of the Toymods Car Club as a primary focus. Having discussions split up into regional sections does not benefit the Toymods members in any way.

As I said, if the Toymods forum does not suit your needs feel free to start your own forum specifically for Tasmania.

I will leave this thread open for now to see why you guys feel you are better than everyone else and should be allowed to break the rules when you want to.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh, collectively, we wish there was a regional section that was open for discussion. Yes we are breaking the rules in a small percentage of the threads but we're not causing any harm. I understand if this has to cease as it is the "rules" and I am happy to stick to them but its a shame that fellow Toymodders (especially Tasmanians being disconnected from the mainland) can't hook up with locals here. Thats okay, I can work towards creating my own board, but Toymods has a nice following and I have thoroughly enjoyed my first '2 months' of membership in the NT/TAS board.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 01:04]

Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take a look at our previous cruises too, if we were in your neighbourhood, we would be attending yours as well. I'm sure I can speak for everyone here that we are pretty loyal Toyota fans. I didn't realise that you discriminate against people who don't benifit Toymods Car Club Inc. directly but I'm sure every new member (including all of us) is more exposure for you guys so maybe you could be grateful for that?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's no problem with the fact you've only been a member for two months, other than the fact that you've made the decision to break the rules right from your very first post. I bought up the time thing because we have this problem intermittently and you were not a member last time it got bad and the SA section of the forum was locked because of continued disregard of the rules.

What makes you think that because you are from Tasmania you should be any different to people from every other state? The vast majority of people from other states have no problems with having their discussions in the correct area of the forum.

We are promoting a Toyota community not a Tasmanian Toyota community and a WA Toyota community etc. We live in a time of global communications, and by being members of hte Toymods forum we are members of a global Toyota community like it or not.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 01:04]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 12:03

Take a look at our previous cruises too, if we were in your neighbourhood, we would be attending yours as well. I'm sure I can speak for everyone here that we are pretty loyal Toyota fans. I didn't realise that you discriminate against people who don't benifit Toymods Car Club Inc. directly but I'm sure every new member (including all of us) is more exposure for you guys so maybe you could be grateful for that?

There is no problem posting events. That is the ENTIRE purpose of this part of the forum and that is why none of those post have been touched.

The forum is run for the Toymods Car Club by the elected officials of the Toymods Car Club, of course it is run for the benefit of the Toymods Car Club.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah !!!!

Things are getting a bit too heated here i think.
I'm going to try and break it down to hopfully clear things up.

Rainy has just joined up yes but he has been reading to forums for a while now.

There have been a few misuses of this section to sell parts and what not but i honestly belive these people posted here to gain the attention of the people it was aimed towards.

I'm sure TRD will agree alot of his post do contain a bit of poo and can be off topic.

The last thing i want is for this section to be shut down .

Almost all posts do have somethign to do with an event or are in someway related to an event.

But all post are tassie related.

It seems there may be a bit of misunderstanding in the use of this forums.
Most people see it as "anything tassie/nt related"
Where as toymods see it as "tassie/nt EVENTS"

I'm not saying i haven't missused it either i will be the 1st to admit it.

But that being said i think we could just post in general or maybe have a general section for individual states ?
That might be asking a bit much i know.

I Have great respect for the people who run these forums i understand while i mmight not see it there is a reason for every disaplinary action you guys do.

Also this might not make sence and i know my spelling is off but i don't have time to dtop and think about it.
I hope you guys caught the essence of what i'm trying to say
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...and what I wanted to say was that it was a bit of a kick in the guts for you bring me in line by having a shot at my LENGTH OF MEMBERSHIP, true, I don't have the experience of some here, but its unfair to make me at a disadvantage because of it. I read the rules before I started here, but others were pushing them a bit so I gave them a little ride myself. Personally I thought you were a bit rude but then again, I'd probably be blunt too if I had to do what you are doing so I can forgive you for that.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey go and take a look at your new member from tassie thread. I looked and saw that this was the first thread you had started so I simply locked it rather than posting for you to read the rules, basically I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

What you are telling me now is that you joined up, you read all the rules and then chose to ignore the rules with your first post because it suited you. I think that is rude, not someone doing their voluntary job to run this service that you choose to use for your own benefit.

This section has been for events only for at least the last twelve months, and was also for that purpose before then.

As I said before there is a section of the forum for each type of thread that is acceptable, the regional sections are for events only.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think rainey saw everybody else bending the rules so he assumed it would be ok if he did aswell.

Also nick i think he assumed you just rocked up didn't read the rules and went off and did your thing without thinking weather or not it was the right thing to do or not.

it wasn't ment to be "your new, shut up !"
79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would be alot easier to ask questions based in tassy, example, good places in launny to buy tyres, cheap parts, who does paintjobs the best, blah blah blah..

rather than making a topic in the general car forum, as it gets covered by other ppl talking about other stuff, and then my post would be lost with no answers...

as it is, how many tassie ppl actually attend these forums??...15??

anyhow,
Confused Confused Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh: Regarding my New member in Tassie thread... It was just that, I was introducing myself to the Tasmanian people for the next cruise. So people here knew who I was at the next meet, I assumed it was at least partly relative and like Mookie said, I did think it might be questionable, but in my head I thought it was within reason.

I didn't realise these things were analyised with a microscope. I agree that the selling/trading threads should be deleted or locked but you can see why they are doing it right? Because of the location and the potential customer base being locals parts are able to be traded successfully.

Its all relative in Adam and Eve kind of way but if these rules are to be STRICTLY adhered to, I will do just that, move on and get over it, but I can't help but be at least slightly disappointed in the administration of these forums.

I am also a member of http://www.ozcelica.com forums and they have a regional section there but Tasmania was left off the map (so whats new!?)! Maybe we can request to have a Tassie section established and we can take our luggage over there?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No i'm not moving

I like toymods i just thing we need to learn the guide lines
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's always been like this. Like Joshstix said, the SA section got locked due to the rules not being adhered to. The rules were clearly stated and yet they chose to ignore it. Our section (Victoria) got a warning too, and thus far have followed the rules so that we can keep our section to organise our events.

Quote:

it would be alot easier to ask questions based in tassy, example, good places in launny to buy tyres, cheap parts, who does paintjobs the best, blah blah blah..

rather than making a topic in the general car forum, as it gets covered by other ppl talking about other stuff, and then my post would be lost with no answers...

I've posted regarding a radiator problem I had in the General Car Talk section and was looking for a place that people recommended. 2 people replied. 1 from Melbourne, 1 from Perth. I still got the info I needed.

It's about making the Toyota community whole. If everyone posted like you did Rainey, 95% of their posts would be in their state section only.

That's what I think. The other states have learnt to live with the rules and abide by them, why can't you guys? Its really not that hard.

Yian
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ay I post in all sections too.

Your comments about 95% of the posts appearing in regional sections only is a bit ridiculous. Most of the time people want the most exposure in their thread that they can get and will post them in the appropriate board. I have posted on the NT/TAS forum with particular intentions, as I have on the other boards.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 02:56]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, but only like 30 out of 131. Look dude, I'm not trying to start an argument here. I do agree that in some aspects it would be easier to advertise something you need in your state section. But thats the rules; you just can't. Live with it.

All the other states have and we're thriving. I understand that there's not many Tasmanian members, and that can make life difficult. But by posting in other sections don't you think you can benifit from a wider range of input from a wide range of users? And also you might be able to learn some new things. Who knows.

The rules are there for a reason.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm happy to abide by them, as I assumed I had been doing a pretty good job already. I try to approach things with a sensible attitude and was just asking the question about general 'regional' boards. I know this isn't going to happen so close the case.

I wasnt impressed by the initial response that I got and thats why its probably gone further than it needed to.

Lets just leave it at that and build a bridge.

Yours sincerely,
Law-abiding forum goer Very Happy Cool
79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im over it,
wont be on here anymore anyway, one, we moving out to the sticks, no internet besides dial up (eeek)...
and plus im double crossing ya's, getting a Datto for a daily runner..

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah 4 sure the last thing i want is for this part of the forum shut down.

I honestly think we should all become finacial members.
I've got the form filled out i've got my money order in an envolope ready to go but i don't want to be the only person from tassie.

If we want to get something out of it we have to create the chance.

oh and yian i like you , u seem like a nice guy but i don't really see what this has to do with you ?
79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he's a bloody mainlander...lol, J/K's mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he has only got 1 head
he is nowhere near as smart as u guys
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 15:02

he has only got 1 head
he is nowhere near as smart as u guys

Eh hehehe... I was just trying to show you guys that we went through it before. Call me bored. I was reading everything including other state stuff.

What I do know is that I'm going to be in Tasmania around July-ish, and would love to meet up, and maybe do something. We'll see. I will make a thread here when the time comes.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool !

WE HAVE to go out for drinks when you come cuz my birthday is in july

we will try and organise something around then
will you be bringing your car down ?
cuz i think it would eb fun to drive up and meet u off the boat !
79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaah one head.ahhahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, isnt it nice when things come together for the best?

Yes I'm sure we would all like to meet you Yian, but I have a question for you. Is that what I think it is on that lady's face for your avatar? If so, how appropriate!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeap. The car and the missus will be going down. Planning to stay there for about a week? Tour the place and maybe go for a run down the Targa roads.

Quote:

hahaah one head.ahhahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bah Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 15:31

Ahh, isnt it nice when things come together for the best?

Yes I'm sure we would all like to meet you Yian, but I have a question for you. Is that what I think it is on that lady's face for your avatar? If so, how appropriate!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOL its just water. Scanned it from the current issue of Men's Style. Monica Belluci article.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everywhere south of kingston (some of the targa stages)
I know like the back of my head.........um hand
79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Bah Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

haahhahaha,
guess that girl in the avatar makes up for your second head??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

or is she the one with all the brains...

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 05:20]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look josh no hard feelings ok i am all for following hte rules, yes i have been aroudn long enough yes i do know hte Moral rules etc etc if its for events then only put up events... and in no way do i want to go aroudn Hi Jacking other peopls threads..
just hear me out i am not opposing your views in anyway and i think i speak for everyone here...

the reason y all of us tasmanians have got all up in arms about it is because... 99% of these forums are made up of people from the mainland of austrlia.. VIC, NSW, QLD, WA mostly... and i am not trying to make any speical exception for tassie but there are about 10 common users of toymods, and if u compare it to the number of peopel from else where if we start threads in the General chat ETC ETC then they would jsut get drowned out.. and we would never be able to see them.. and personal PM's to every tassie member takes to long... so just having general chats in the tassie section enables us to get in contact with these few people that are from tassie and are on toymods easier than just having it drowned out..

liek others have surgested a general chat section could be provided if you disagree with us chatting in the events section... but wat other solutions do u surgest for just us tassie boys getting together and chatting on toymods... I evened asked Nark if we could start out own tasmanian section of hte toymods club... but that was knocked back but we still feel very loyal to toymods and toyota itself, but when we get shut down like this its very disrespectful... i am not trying to get us into any trouble.. but think about it using common sense, there are very few tasmanians on here and toymods is very well known and its where tasmania toyota owners can get togetehr and chat...
anyway hope i have got my 2c in!
79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well said Smile
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its true anyone else got anything to add.. anything serious i am not trying to have a stab and anyone but its just more common sense
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with you TRD_Supra, that was well said, but he's already said its not going to happen. Crying or Very Sad

The excellent (and I emphasise this) moderator on OZ Celica dot com is kindly creating a Tasmanian regional forum for us now! It is only for Celica's but thats what most of us have anyway!

I now understand the intentions of Toymods, and that is to focus on whats best for them and their paying members. Sadly I'm not about to pay for something I can hardly be involved with (being over the Bass Straight) so I will use this board how it was intended to be used, and adhere to the strict guidelines enforced by Joshstix. Sad but true, can't argue with something that is out of my hands.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 09:37]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: !!! Wed, 16 March 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why am i on probation for ? i am just speaking out for people i think its unfair wats happening.. i used to have toymods as my home page i lvoed coming here and have a chat.. but its goen all strict now i can understand your rules thing... but seriously think about it people from tassie have next to no chance talking about general stuff in the main rooms cause the main landers take over plus its easy to find just goto Tas/NT as well as this we aren;t harming anyway and most of our discussion is serious even if we do joke occasionally plus no one from any other parts coems and talks about stuff with us so its just a good easy spot to talk to other toyota people
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: !!! Thu, 17 March 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
head over here
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s=0c7c207 c720c71c7d478379d2fc079ad&showforum=34
and ya can yack all ya want...

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Thu, 17 March 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we don't drive corrolas does that matter ?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: !!! Thu, 17 March 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 20:37

why am i on probation for ? i am just speaking out for people i think its unfair wats happening.. i used to have toymods as my home page i lvoed coming here and have a chat.. but its goen all strict now i can understand your rules thing... but seriously think about it people from tassie have next to no chance talking about general stuff in the main rooms cause the main landers take over plus its easy to find just goto Tas/NT as well as this we aren;t harming anyway and most of our discussion is serious even if we do joke occasionally plus no one from any other parts coems and talks about stuff with us so its just a good easy spot to talk to other toyota people

You aren't on probation for this thread. You are on probation for breaking the posting rules in this section of the forum with repeated posting of non event threads and also for posting illegal driving activity in the track talk section of the forum.

Your reason for wanting your own discussion forum holds no water. I'll give an example, there's maybe ten AW11 owners on this forum who like to discuss their car. We don't have an AW11 section of the forum though do we? So how could it be possible for such a small group of people, who are vastly out numbered by others like yourselves, can communicate and even organise to meet a fellow owner doing a round australia trip? We do it in the general discussion section of the forum, that's what it is for.

Why would the fact that there is only ten of you make it a good idea for us to start a forum specifically for you? Then every group of ten who wants there own section for whatever reason would expect the same treatment.

As to the "most of our discussion is serious" comment I beg to differ and I'm sure if you were a moderator and got the amount of complaints about the way a user behaves as I do about you that user would be banned from the forum.
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: !!! Thu, 17 March 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have, corollas,celicas,starlets,coronas. Yes its called rollaclub, But they are all toyotas.
I am the moderator for the Tasmanian section.
79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: !!! Thu, 17 March 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Screw Toymods, im going rolla's way..

SUCKERS!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 17 March 2005 03:25] by Moderator

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Thu, 17 March 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bit of free time there rona ?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: !!! Thu, 17 March 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79Rona wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 13:26

Screw Toymods, im going rolla's way..

SUCKERS!!!!!!!

Congratulations I hope you enjoy it there. Would you like me to lock your account now, seing as how Toymods is full of suckers I'm sure you'll have no reason to come back.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: !!! Thu, 17 March 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't really think u understand josh... u r just being stubborn and not exercising your powers properly. rather than just tell us no... why not think out alternatives ?? we have proposed a few ideas and all u do is knock them back u should work with us... not against us
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Thu, 17 March 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you were right about a tassie post being drowned out too !
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it wasn't even politely knocked back. I carefully worded my first message to Josh to put our proposal forward in a mature and orderly fashion and in return I got a pretty rude, arrogant and blunt response. I'd expect a bit more from a vice-president of any organisation, maybe I'm asking too much.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm still hanging around here but I wont be contributing as much on this board as you can imagine. OZcelica should suit my needs.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i agree, i think josh is quite lucky that users don't have to pay to use this forum else he would making them lose alot of money.. lets just hope one day that josh isn't the boss of any firm i work for!!!
i don't feel like i have been delt with properly in fact i don't think any of us have i feel unfairly treated and i think toymods standards have just dropped so fair out of sight they have gone through the floor!!!!

I too will only just have a quick look here,. but all thanks to joshstix and his complete lack of unprofessionalism i will also be going over to OzCelica.com...

Good work josh u just lost a few loyal and strong supports of toymods.. i just hope this is josh's only position of power... very unprofessional and abuse's his power!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yall got blasted i didn't you know why ?

it cuz u smell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 11:17

Well it wasn't even politely knocked back. I carefully worded my first message to Josh to put our proposal forward in a mature and orderly fashion and in return I got a pretty rude, arrogant and blunt response. I'd expect a bit more from a vice-president of any organisation, maybe I'm asking too much.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm still hanging around here but I wont be contributing as much on this board as you can imagine. OZcelica should suit my needs.

The response you recieved was a simple statement of fact. What was rude about it? The fact that I pointed out you have only been a forum member for two months, and have not seen this same rubbish happen before when people thought that the rules didn't apply to them? I explained why the rule is in place, what the aim of this section of the forum is and what you could do to get a forum that more suits your tastes.

What I consider rude, other than the fact that you have admitted that you knew the rules but chose not to follow them, is that you have taken a "Personal Message" and with no permission from the creator of that message have posted it on a public forum.

This has gone far enough. People from other states show the responsability to follow the rules, if you guys don't then so be it.

This thread is now being moved to membership and feedback.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just before u do... i have created a thread for tasmanians in the OUTHOUSE.. check it out it was intended for tasmanians only to chat in.. we used this area for tasmainias to chat in cause no ones besides tasmanians would coem in... have a look at the Tasmanians chat in the OUTHOUSE... it has been hi jacked by fuckwits talking baout 2 heads etc etc

u see why we use this area so we can talk about stuff that happens in tassie and talk to other tasmanians not so we can have all out tasmanian threads hi jacked and fucked by others
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally think we should drop the subject
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you guys just want to randomly chat.... you have MANY MANY options to choose and not get yourselves hijacked.

# email groups
# MSN
# ICQ
# IRC chat rooms
# etc etc etc

Good luck, i hope the community develops down there and things go well.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix: It wasn't intended to be my personal little love letter to you, it was there to get your attention. Therefore I could have made it public but I assumed the possibility of you actually finding and reading it would be slim if I'd have done that.

Normally I have the greatest respect for Moderators who spend their own time keeping public forums safe and sensible for all viewers, but for you I have none. Sorry mate, I understand your rules but you could have expressed it to us politely and this wouldn't have blown out of proportion. I personally got up in arms because you treated me like a prick.

As I said before, I didn't knowingly break the rules, I thought my post would be considered topic-related, if you read my later posts you would have seen that.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2005 01:26]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have u seen the "tassie talk section" post TRD made for us ?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 12:25

Joshstix: It wasn't intended to be my personal little love letter to you, it was there to get your attention. Therefore I could have made it public but I assumed the possibility of you actually finding and reading it would be slim if I'd have done that.

Normally I have the greatest respect for Moderators who spend their own time keeping public forums safe and sensible for all viewers, but for you I have none. Sorry mate, I understand your rules but you could have expressed it to us politely and this wouldn't have blown out of proportion. I personally got up in arms because you treated me like a prick.

As I said before, I didn't knowingly break the rules, I thought my post would be considered topic-related, if you read my later posts you would have seen that.

You can't just change your story to suit your argument.

Rainey wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 12:09

I read the rules before I started here, but others were pushing them a bit so I gave them a little ride myself.

You can't say you knew the rules but broke them because other people were and then try to say you thought your posts were OK.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was borderline buddy, not breaking them.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: !!! Fri, 18 March 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I think that even though I'm not from Tassie I'd just like to say that I can understand you feel that you have been unfairly treated by the Toymods board and I'm sorry that you feel you have been forced to move to another forum and also that idiots with a huge lack of maturity choose to hi-jack your threads when you actually have posted them in the correct section of the forum. Although having said this I can also see it from the boards side of things and say that there have been complaints that the forums arn't being moderated enough and that things are slipping through the cracks. Because of this there has been a crack down on the forums, another thing to consider is although it wasn't the TAS/NT members before a similar situation has happened and we chose to leave the section and only place a warning but it escalated and got out of control. As a board member I wouldn't like to see that happen again.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:whats the toymods PO BOX?
Next Topic:TOYMODS DOWN
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:57:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081899166107178 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.