Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..) Wed, 16 March 2005 05:09 Go to next message
Need access to some high resolution graphics of parts manufacturers etc.. (for purposes of cutting stickers and promotional flyers / catalogues etc..)

Has anyone got some? Would prefer EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) type images for use in Illustrator/Freehand, but will take TIFF's as well. 10mb and above sizes per file would be great.

I'll send someone a CD and postage money if they have these n can burn them for me..

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..) Wed, 16 March 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look around on the websites of the manufacturers you're interested in and see if they have any PDF files to download; these may contain vector versions of their logos (you'll be able to tell because if you zoom in on the logo and it doesn't go pixel-y, it's a vector image). If so, download it and open it in Illustrator/Freehand, then delete everything but the logo and re-sav it as an EPS. Easy!
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..) Wed, 16 March 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did actually get one from some californian graphics shop.. not sure if its vectored or not.. good point though, ill spark it up and have a play! cheers!

[EDIT: Crap.. its bitmapped]

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 07:03]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..) Wed, 16 March 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or it's time to use Freehand's autotrace on the downloaded images and try to remember how to drive he bezier curve editing tools... Wink
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..) Wed, 16 March 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finding PDF's with vector, not bitmapped, logos: not so easy!
Confused
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..) Wed, 16 March 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 22:12

or it's time to use Freehand's autotrace on the downloaded images and try to remember how to drive he bezier curve editing tools... Wink

Ummmm, always after graphics info. As I like to dabble.
What is Freehand and whats its main uses? Is it Adobe?
And whats the autotrace feature? How powerful/accurate is it?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..) Wed, 16 March 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freehandMX - see www.macromedi.com professional illustration/graphics package - we use it along with illustrator (see www.adobe.com)
can (within reason) outline or centreline trace bitmap images (from 1bit thru to 24bit)
i prefer it to illustraor as the interface is more intuitive, tools are richer and package is very powerful
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..) Wed, 16 March 2005 15:59 Go to previous message
http://www.macromedia.com

...missed out the a in macromedia there.

The success of using auto trace tools in Freehand or Illustrator depends very much on the quality of the bitmap image you're trying to trace (clarity of details and good contrast in image).
Tracing images grabbed off websites can be very difficult becasue they are usually small (in pixel dimensions) and compressed, so that detail is lost (especially so in the case of JPEGs).

By the way, I prefer Illustrator - depends what you first started using, I guess. I'd say Illustrator is more widely used in graphic design than Freehand, with CorelDraw (another vector illustration program) running a distant third.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 16:00]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay
Next Topic:bush/rally hack cars
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:43:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038230419158936 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.