Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
John K
Regular

August 2003

"Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 05:22 Go to next message
Saw it on Saturday, couldn't believe my eyes. Surprised

Absolutely insane!!! Shocked

Best fight scenes I've ever seen. Tony Jaa is an absolute freak

Highly recommended!
  Send a private message to this user    
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahahahaha, 5.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twas a great flick, his knee manouvers were awesome.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ong bak?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 18:10

ong bak?

http://madman.com.au/ongbak/

Wink
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friends do Muay thai... and they wanna watch this movie Confused
Dmonk86
Regular

August 2004
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For sure! the stunts and moves that guys does in insane! Freakin' awesome.

Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i watched this around 4months ago with a friends dvd
i recommend it to EVERYONE and ANYONE (who likes fighting scenes)
no strings attached, its awesome everything been real
Best fighting scenes in a movie i've EVER seen.!
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Watched the trailer.. looks awesome...!

Can watch it in penrith at hoyts.. hmm, i have to go to penriththis weekend... how convinient...^-^
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks awesome.

I was starting to think the whole wires thing was getting out of control. Good to see something like this pop up!
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Wed, 16 March 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The wires thing is kool if done right, it is often more artform and creativity.
Such as the movie Hero.... which is top cinema-artistic stuff.

The guy who plays the spearweilding Sky in Hero, Donnie Yen is a top martial artist and prolly my fav.
Check out his parts in Iron Monkey, Once Upon a Time in China II, Highlander Endgame, Blade II (plus a heap of earlier HK fliks).
Some have wirework but without wires he is so awesome, it is his execution and expressions of the way he executes movements.

-----------------

Ong Bak.
Heard so much, and want too see it bad.
Havent even seen previews.
But what I do know is, I have seen alot of real Muay Thai boxing.
And it is not an "excitement" style of martial art really, quite rough and even random.... kinda hard to word what I am thinking.
But for people to be jumping up and down about how spectacular the fight scenes are in Ong Bak... I am starting to wonder how much of it is actually Muay Thai. They do use knees and elbows often but yea.....
even the ring scenes in Kickboxer between Tong Po and a thai adversary.... not anything like any Muay Thai fight I have seen; alot of low and high round houses, hugging and kneeing simultaneously etc...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Thu, 17 March 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awsome movie! It's my favorite film Very Happy seen it at South Bank on Saturday. Absoultly loved the fighting in it Very Happy
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Thu, 17 March 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NAT SOOOO KAW!!!

NAT SOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAW!!!

NAT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAW!!!

uh wait Van Damme isnt in this film..
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Fri, 18 March 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WANTED_AE86 wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 02:25

NAT SOOOO KAW!!!

NAT SOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAW!!!

NAT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAW!!!

uh wait Van Damme isnt in this film..

fuck i remember that movie

best movie when i was small man

breaks his leg with the palm tree haha

John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 00:32

Ong Bak.
And it is not an "excitement" style of martial art really, quite rough and even random.... kinda hard to word what I am thinking.
But for people to be jumping up and down about how spectacular the fight scenes are in Ong Bak... I am starting to wonder how much of it is actually Muay Thai. They do use knees and elbows often but yea....

Everyone has a right to there own opinion, but I have to say I disagree with you 100% as the Muay Thai martial arts shown in the movie by Tony Jaa put a new meaning to the word EXCITEMENT!
Thats just my opinion though.

I took all my friends that haven't seen it to watch it for my birthday on Friday and I must say watching it for the second time was just as entertaining.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John K wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 12:04

Ong Bak.
But for people to be jumping up and down about how spectacular the fight scenes are in Ong Bak... I am starting to wonder how much of it is actually Muay Thai. They do use knees and elbows often but yea....

Everyone has a right to there own opinion, but I have to say I disagree with you 100% as the Muay Thai martial arts shown in the movie by Tony Jaa put a new meaning to the word EXCITEMENT!
Thats just my opinion though.

I took all my friends that haven't seen it to watch it for my birthday on Friday and I must say watching it for the second time was just as entertaining.

I havent seen it yet, I want to.
I was refering to what I know of actual Muay Thai in ring fights etc, not on screne display, from what I herad the on-screen is spectacular....... so I wuz thinking it may be not very true to what muay thai is in that sense, that was the only small point i wuz making.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The wires thing is kool if done right, it is often more artform and creativity.
Such as the movie Hero.... which is top cinema-artistic stuff.

The guy who plays the spearweilding Sky in Hero, Donnie Yen is a top martial artist and prolly my fav.
Check out his parts in Iron Monkey, Once Upon a Time in China II, Highlander Endgame, Blade II (plus a heap of earlier HK fliks).
Some have wirework but without wires he is so awesome, it is his execution and expressions of the way he executes movements.

-----------------

Ong Bak.
Heard so much, and want too see it bad.
Havent even seen previews.
But for people to be jumping up and down about how spectacular the fight scenes are in Ong Bak... I am starting to wonder how much of it is actually Muay Thai. They do use knees and elbows often but yea.....
even the ring scenes in Kickboxer between Tong Po and a thai adversary.... not anything like any Muay Thai fight I have seen; alot of low and high round houses, hugging and kneeing simultaneously etc...

Agreed and Agreed Wink Wire work is awesome in hero and artistic stuff like Crouching Tiger... What I was talking about was more Charlies Angels.. Rolling Eyes

Although this Ong Bak doesnt use wires, it is still all staged and rehersed to make it looks awesome. But this doesnt take away from the huge props at the actual skill it takes to peform it!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no wires but still trampolines. I have the making of it, and some moves they took about 50 goes....
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome! where can you get a copy from?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the MOVIES!!!!!! or irc
MFX_AE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops, Neko accidentally posted in my account...

[Updated on: Sun, 20 March 2005 13:08]

MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bad ^^

rthy, i meant the making of the movie!! they dont show the making of movies.. at teh movies... Razz
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm I am guessin a particular release of Ong Bak DVD will have it as special feature.
ebay search works wonders for finding particular DVD releases.

Tramps.... instead of wires, interesting.
well I have seen Samo Hung use some in a film/making he was directing.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love too get it on DVD. I'm not downloading anything but. Takes too fucking long on Dial-up Laughing
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: "Ong Bak" Best movie I've seen in the last 5 years. Sun, 20 March 2005 16:41 Go to previous message
28.8K beat dat~
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:i need job
Next Topic:Taxi Drag Racing gone Bad
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:35:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079531669616699 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.