Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
eatav8
Occasional Poster

March 2005
1jz in a corona Wed, 16 March 2005 11:21 Go to next message
Hey guys my mate has got a 1jzgte 5speed laying round and after getting killed a few times on anzac hwy in Adelaide he's had enough!

to install i am guessing you would need to mod the engine mounts, diff gearbox tunnel, radiator. anything else need mods for this conversion? he wants to keep it looking very stock and shit looking for increased sleeper looks Smile.

thanks matt

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 11:22]

Send a private message to this user    
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 1jz in a corona Wed, 16 March 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuel system, driveline strength (diff mainly), brakes, etc.
eatav8
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: 1jz in a corona Wed, 16 March 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks now i reckon the only prob will b getting the power to the ground with out will spin from them shitty 185 tires. i was thinking of the widest Toyota stock rims around any ideas?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1jz in a corona Wed, 16 March 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7in MA61 rims

IF you upgrade your bolt pattern with a hub swap the JZA80 went up to 8inches wide.

But the latter is an exercise in spending alot of money for no reason.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 11:32]

eatav8
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: 1jz in a corona Wed, 16 March 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea good idea, but i dont now bout the jza80 cos 5 stud will b a bit of a give away because they look to new on the old 85ish rona
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1jz in a corona Wed, 16 March 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then 7in's will be about as wide as it gets
eatav8
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: 1jz in a corona Wed, 16 March 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might have to go some semi slicks or nitto 555rs then
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 1jz in a corona Wed, 16 March 2005 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what model corona are you talking about st141/rt?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz in a corona Wed, 16 March 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The conversion is definitely not easy at all. I bought the car with half of it done and it still took me a year to get it on the road. It took the previous owner 3 weeks to fit the engine and box as there is basically no spare room length ways. I am not sure what cross member is used but it has been modified to fit the suspension mounts. (Illegal) Smile

I used a jzx90 engine BTW. I have also fitted the jzx90 chaser radiator, needed to bash the chassis to fit it in though. had to relocate battery to boot. Relocate overflow bottle, washer bottle. Fitted jzx90 fuse box and also the other fuses in the kick panel.

This engine would kill the stock diff in no time so I have fitted a 4wd Mitsubishi diff and custom tail shaft.

I have stock struts with Monroe inserts and HQ Holden brakes on the front. They were a straight bolt on. The rear is Koni struts that fit onto the modified axle area and king springs all round.

I have also fitted the chaser dash, which only JUST fits. I wouldn't recommend doing this as there was a lot of time wasted looking for dash and electrical bits.

I was told the easiest way is to fit the engine and gearbox with the chaser ECU and splice some wires to the accessories already in your car. I have no original wiring left so I can't do that.

So on top of the engine and gearbox change, you will need brakes, suspension, diff. These things quickly add up and you could just about buy a jza70 supra by the time you finish the conversion. So it is up to you what you want to do.

I have been told the 1g-gte is much easier as it is about 100mm shorter.

Oh yeah, had to get rid of the clutch fan and fit a thermo on the front of radiator as there is no room for any fan on the other side.

That is all I can think of now, Hope it helps.
eatav8
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: 1jz in a corona Thu, 17 March 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man, but yea my mate ant to fussed cos he has one lying round and also its easyer for him to get parts.

How does urs go? Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz in a corona Thu, 17 March 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is actually something i typed out a while ago for another fella so I just copied and pasted Smile

At the moment it does not go as I am still fixing all the dodgy stuff that the mechanic did.

When I was dead stock except 3" exhaust from the stock Y-pipe, it was even with an R32 GTR to 170kms so it was pretty quick. I didn't get to the track as it blew up when I got there but I was aiming for 12's with stock turbos.

I now have a HKS Ta45s turbo kit and all the rest of the stuff required and am looking for 400rwhp and in the long run, to run a 10 second quarter.

However, there is not much Corona left in my car. It is basically a corona shell with lots of other bits in it. If you have a look in readers rides, I have a thread in there that has pics and more info.

later
Chris
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1jz in a corona Fri, 18 March 2005 00:04 Go to previous message
Quote:

It is basically a corona shell with lots of other bits in it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE30 front strut + shock upgrade
Next Topic:4k Won't fire
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 12:47:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004932165145874 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.