Toymods » General Car Talk » 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 03:24 Go to next message
Hi guys and gals, just thought I'd let ya'll know that there are two respectable GT-Four Grp A's for sale on ebay at the moment.

#005 White - 134,000kms
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=18290&item=4532070350&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW

#107 Red - 154,763kms
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=18290&item=4532058135&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW

Hope these go to a good home and are well looked after! We don't want them ending up like this one:

Damaged
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=18290&item=4531075026&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW

Cheers,
Nick
  Send a private message to this user    
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice finds mate!

Im fairly sure that white one is not a real Group A. The real Group A's came out with a gold plaque in the engine bay which contains the number, vin and first owner, next to the Vin plate. The interior plaque can be bought from toyota, even stu has one with his hybrid.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#5 and #107 are both hot cars
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good point sikx5! You can see a picture of the engine bay of a genuine one on my site here http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/grparally e/specs.html But on the ebay listing there is a shiny plaque on the top of the front bumper under the bonnet... Could it have been relocated there?

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 09:52]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought those plates were optional and not on every grp A

easiest way to check - get the VIN and call toyota.
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The gold plaques were for people who pre-ordered them from Toyota and they have the name of the first owner.

Those cars that went into "stock" didn't get the plate.

Although, it's kind of a surprise that car #5 went into stock?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol there isnt much left of the wrecking car the driver must have tried some rallying of his own and ballsed it up.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah do they call it a Grp A Rally-o [dear]
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dynomatt wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 22:14

The gold plaques were for people who pre-ordered them from Toyota and they have the name of the first owner.

Those cars that went into "stock" didn't get the plate.

Although, it's kind of a surprise that car #5 went into stock?

Nah dude they were all pre-ordered. All of the 150 that came to australia have a plaque like that.

And rainey i thought about that shinny plate also, but look at this picture: Notice how the plastic shroud has a special cut out for the gold plaque...the white one on ebay does not have it.

http://img49.exs.cx/img49/3126/dsc0395medium4yh.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 05:41]

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 02 March 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah, your site has the wrong details, It has the normal GT4 specs on there, not the Group A specs.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Thu, 03 March 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill post a pic of my aquisition tonite ..

its handy to have good friends in toyota - though they gave me the wrong side sticker - its off a St205 group A rallye
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Thu, 03 March 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 16:23

Nice finds mate!

Im fairly sure that white one is not a real Group A. The real Group A's came out with a gold plaque in the engine bay which contains the number, vin and first owner, next to the Vin plate. The interior plaque can be bought from toyota, even stu has one with his hybrid.

Thanks for your interest in my Group A - I'm fairly sure it IS a Group A. If you would like to ring Toyota Customer Service and quote the VIN number to check for yourself, I'm more than happy for you to do so.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Thu, 03 March 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Nah dude they were all pre-ordered. All of the 150 that came to australia have a plaque like that.

And rainey i thought about that shinny plate also, but look at this picture: Notice how the plastic shroud has a special cut out for the gold plaque...the white one on ebay does not have it.

Note also how it appears that your shroud there has been CUT to show that gold plaque, and not that well either. Showing that it is a post manufacture addition.

My friend has a ST185 grpA, it is genuine, and it does not have this plaque, and has never had this plaque AFAIK
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Thu, 03 March 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it depends if it was a carlos sainz limited edition group a rallye or a later group A rallye

as before - some came plaqued , some didnt ..

weve also got st185 RC jap grey imports too - remember that!

tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Thu, 03 March 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine's definitely a genuine group A, and it doesnt have the gold plaque. I've also noticed that the shroud looks cut on the one's ive seen with the plaque.

AFAIK, if the model code starts with BLMQZQ its a genuine.
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Thu, 03 March 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its fairly obvious that this has been added post manufacture.
Its also obvious that there are plenty of other genuine Group A's out there that don't have the gold badge. Perhaps you should check your facts before you start sledging.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Thu, 03 March 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it still for sale ( number 5 ) at $7600 ish ??

if so i might have to see the bank manager!Oh and heres my plates - if anyones curious

notice they are blank ..

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/badges.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2005 11:28]

tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Fri, 04 March 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu, where did you get those bottom badges, and where do they go on the car?

I've got Beej on celicatech sending me a whole new set of GRP A rallye stickers for my car, as the previous owner didn't replace them when it was resprayed
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Fri, 04 March 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they were a gift dude so i dunno - though i believe the bottom badges are St205 units - not st185

beej has my stickers too ( for my upcoming pisstake for fun on my mongrel ) just got to get them
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Fri, 04 March 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh yeh didn't think they were 185ish.

Haha my first set of stickers from Beej got stolen by aus post, I received an empty tube! 2 or so months later he got sent a cheque so he's sending a new set now
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Tue, 15 March 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

According to the original toyota brouchure they ALL have this plaque.

THE WITZL wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 14:37

Note also how it appears that your shroud there has been CUT to show that gold plaque, and not that well either. Showing that it is a post manufacture addition.

Yes they were added post manuf. These plates were only added to the Australian car and the plastic was cut post prod in Australia (in many cases poorly).

My friend has a ST185 grpA, it is genuine, and it does not have this plaque, and has never had this plaque AFAIK

Was it Australian delivered? It is unlikely if it hasn't got the plate.

However several situations may develop in which an Aust delivered car may not have this plate.

*Removed as part of accident damage.
*Replacement plastic fitted covering plate.
*Removed in rally conversion.
*Never fitted by the delivering dealership. (i know people who work for Toyota, forgetting stuff like this happens)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Tue, 15 March 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 14:01

Quote:

According to the original toyota brouchure they ALL have this plaque.

Yes they were added post manuf. These plates were only added to the Australian car and the plastic was cut post prod in Australia (in many cases poorly).

Was it Australian delivered? It is unlikely if it hasn't got the plate.

However several situations may develop in which an Aust delivered car may not have this plate.

*Removed as part of accident damage.
*Replacement plastic fitted covering plate.
*Removed in rally conversion.
*Never fitted by the delivering dealership. (i know people who work for Toyota, forgetting stuff like this happens)

I don't know why Witzl didn't say it was me he was talking about.

No there is no plate... not even hidden under a new shroud.

Yes it is genuine (all the required parts exist and the VIN is on "the list")

Yes it is Aus delivered. (as above + more)

No the plate hasn't been removed (there is no drill holes where the plate was supposed to go)

Unlikely that it was removed due to accident damage as I have looked very closely at that area when I removed the front bar for a respray... I aslo spent a lot of time around that area stuffing around with the water spray thingy.

Quite possible that it was simply never fitted... this could be due to a number of things.
1. Dealer "lost" the plate or ran out of blanks.
2. Dealer forgot to install the plate.
3. I assume the plate had to be sent somewhere to get stamped with the name so the buyer would either have to come back to get it fitted or wait to pick up the car... if the customer didn't return to get the plate then I doubt Toyota would chase you down with a big stick telling you you must have the plate.

I know of one other Group A that is definately genuine but does not have the plate... No. 39, Colour Red, Last known location Launceston TAS, VIN# JT764STJ500015768

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Tue, 15 March 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I definately wouldn't say that just because there is no gold first owners plaque it must be a fake or grey import.

Although there is another Group A (or fake) that I looked at that I was especially detered from buying.
No 126, White, VIN: JT764STJ500016774, last seen at a dodgy dealership on Parramatta Rd Homebush.
The following were replaced / missing:
-IC replaced with standard GT4 item
-Front bar replaced with standard GT4 item.
-Only had a fujitsu ten tape/radio (no cd player)
-Had the standard gearstick not the short shift Group A item.
-99% sure that it didn't have ABS.

It had the following group A features though:
-Plaque
-Bonnet
-Little scoop that goes to the timing cover and mates up with the bonnet scoop.
-Model designation: ST185R-BLMQZQ
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Tue, 15 March 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 22:06

if so i might have to see the bank manager!Oh and heres my plates - if anyones curious

notice they are blank ..

I don't know how you would print on the domed number plaque... AFAIK once the dome is stuck to the paper you can't print on it.

The rectangular "Group A Rallye" stickers are definately ST205 items.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Tue, 15 March 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toobs - My thoughts exactly on the domed sticker for the inside ..

hence why i wonder - how i got an unnumbered set Smile

i can understand the gold plaque being reprinted ( accident wise ) but not the interior one Smile

Still pondering to put it on my car or not - though it will most likely be not as the group a Stickers i have had made have " mongrel " on them instead of Rallye ! ( seeing mines a bitsa group A - not a purebred )
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Tue, 15 March 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

notice they are blank ..

Please tell me were you got the gear boot plate from as I have been looking for one since some prick stole my gear knob and took the surrounding with it 7 years ago Mad I have contacted toyota in Sydney and Melbourne head office and they told me that they are a one off thing or they just couldnt be bothered checking. There must be hope to replace my unlucky number 13. Please please please tell me where you got it from.
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Tue, 15 March 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't it be cool if all manufacturers had the name of the original owner stamped somewhere on the car. Only special editions and top of the line sports cars only though.

Just kind of makes it interesting and adds a bit of history to a car IMO
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anhar - they were a gift from a friend of the person who built my motor ..

they were given to me as this gentleman found out about the " mongrel in the making " and thought they would be a good thing on the car Smile

Someoe in toyota STILL has respectz for the gt4's - except hes in the wrong department Wink

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 19:38

notice they are blank ..

Please tell me were you got the gear boot plate from as I have been looking for one since some prick stole my gear knob and took the surrounding with it 7 years ago Mad I have contacted toyota in Sydney and Melbourne head office and they told me that they are a one off thing or they just couldnt be bothered checking. There must be hope to replace my unlucky number 13. Please please please tell me where you got it from.

I am sure I read somewhere on the forums that someone obtained a replacement plate when theirs was stolen.

I remember them saying that whatever Toyota dept they got them from said that there was a spare plate for every single one built... I remember thinking that was a good thing to know and now have forgotten where I read it.

Time for a massive forums search me thinks.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 12:56

Someoe in toyota STILL has respectz for the gt4's - except hes in the wrong department Wink

No offence Stu, but if he had real respect he wouldn't have given you these!

No offence intended, I like what you have done, but if they gave these out willy nilly then it would impact on the value of genuine Grp A's, as well as the collectability (is that a word?) of them!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that is probably part of the reason for the red book value going down big-time recently.

That and the fact that they are a bunch of dumbasses and probably assume that any GT4 advertised with "Group A bonnet" or "Group A front bar" in the description must therefore be a group A.

Personally I don't see a problem with stu putting on the plaques so long as he doesn't try to make up a matching build numbers set... which I know you wouldn't stu.

I actually think putting on a blank set would be amusing!

Also bajabus don't sell your Group A so cheap... you've undervalued your car and will be losing money and reducing the book value for the rest of us.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually my bad... I didn't notice the "Reserve not met"
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence taken - but they werent given to go on my car - he just thought id like them being a Gt4 enthusiast - a little memorabilia perhaps ..

but as toobs said - they still might go on - everyone knows now i have the " unnumbered batch " and my car isnt a genuine , but also realise that my DIY mongrel packs one impressive driveline underneath from the departed Gt4 Group A's ive managed to pick from + salvage Smile

Better in this "standard" shell then in a cube IMHO !

its a " tribute " to those departed the way of accidents , frontcuts , partourts - or frankensteining ( like justens Gt8 group A )

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 13:16

am sure I read somewhere on the forums that someone obtained a replacement plate when theirs was stolen.

I remember them saying that whatever Toyota dept they got them from said that there was a spare plate for every single one built... I remember thinking that was a good thing to know and now have forgotten where I read it.

Time for a massive forums search me thinks.

Thanks Toobs I will try and start to chase one down again.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 12:56

Anhar - they were a gift from a friend of the person who built my motor ..

they were given to me as this gentleman found out about the " mongrel in the making " and thought they would be a good thing on the car Smile

At least you have shown me that they do exist in toyota's inventory.

Thanks
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but theres also one for sale in the sydney trading post too...

Quote:

Toyota Celica GT4 Group A 1991 all wheel drive, White hatchback 2L 5sp manual, 118000kms, genuine Carlos Sainz GT4 Group A, AP1-49Q, excellent condition, $14500 negotiable NEWINGTON 02-9647 1472 or 0402-791999

Pictures dont work though..
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: 2x Toyota Celica Grp A Rallye's on Ebay Wed, 16 March 2005 21:14 Go to previous message
Hi Puffy

if you ring Toyota Australia customer service department they can tell you if your spare plaque is still available you will need your vin number to identify you car and you will need to send a copy of your rego papers to have them verify that you are the owner of the car for them to sent it out to you.

If you want the name of the guy that helped me and more details send me a PM

Cheers
YGT

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 21:15]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:*help* selling a unreg car
Next Topic:Need High Resolution Graphics (EPS, TIFF Etc..)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:23:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062460899353027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.