Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
foxtail
Regular

January 2005
4AGZE SC14 Wed, 09 February 2005 10:24 Go to next message
I now have my frankensprinter on the road.

The engine is a 4AGZE. Intake manifold is 100kw reversed for RWD.

The SC14 bottom mount is a SC12 mount, but and welded 10mm forward.

The water pump and altinator is 4AFE with small spacers, to run off the front pulley to under drive them as I plan on a bigger crank pulley.

The intercooler is factory 1JZ and the air comes out at ambient.

The SC tensioner was cut and welded up side down to avoid the water pump.

The ecu is Aussie AE82 big port NA, with 3SGTE map sensor - good to 16psi.

Mixtures are slightly rich, not sure exactally, advance has been retarded a couple of degrees.

60mm alloy pipe and mandrel copper plumbing bends ($8 ea) throughout.

Boost 12psi Estimated ET 14.2, estimated HP 200, seams as fast as my old stock ze with 175 nevo pulley but noticable increase in power as revs rise. Sat next to riced S15, realed in RX8.

I will run a constant pressure system, with throttle body after blower and BOV to regulate boost to make it more drivable. Large intercoolers on SCs give decel rev rise as they suck the air out of the cooler. Putting the TPS on the front throttle body (CA18 backwards) should stop this.

First gear traction and launch is an issue.

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/foxtail/pics/100_0097. jpg

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/foxtail/pics/index.jpg for filenames, feel free to leach site.

Send a private message to this user    
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE SC14 Wed, 09 February 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex says nice work, he commends you on your grey matter utilisation coefficient...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC14 Thu, 10 February 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I also think its pretty nice dude, must fly with 200hp Shocked
foxtail
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGZE SC14 Thu, 10 February 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, its not too bad.

A constant pressure setup will also cool the charger, cause with a normal setup during closed throttle (after a hard run) almost no air passes through the charger and the get heat soak and loose efficency. With constant pressure there is full air flow through the charger at all times.

Gatton street sprints is on next month, i am going to try and enter it. Just need tyres, exhaust, shocks, pulley lol

Currently i change gears at 6000, I am hoping this is due to the stock 4AC exhaust system (which is getting louder lol)

I snapped the timing belt in it the other day (over tentioned) at 5000rpm. No damage cept cover and tentioner spring. 2 hrs later back on the road and better then ever. If it was a CA18 you could throw it away after a snap, it destroys everything.
quest
Regular

April 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC14 Thu, 10 February 2005 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice setup!

you over tensioned the timing belt ? Did it make a whining sound while running ?
Yep a timing belt failure would crash a ca18, but you shouldn't be overtightening them to start with, eh... then blame the CA.

When you say a constant pressure system.... to simplify, do you mean running a sc14 just as you would add a turbo ?
Will the sc be 'on' at all times, or 'tps' switched ?
Then use a bov to vent during gearchange ?

A friend runs his 4agte via a 4ag NA map ecu, with a turbo map sensor just as you have. Works great with 440cc but he tunes with a SAFC piggyback fuel modifier. A msd boost/timing retard unit would sharpen it up a bit too.
foxtail
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGZE SC14 Thu, 10 February 2005 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Constant pressure is similar to a turbo in that the trottle body is after the charger, not before like stock ze. The blower stays on all the time, giving say 12psi at all times to the throttle body, it would be just as if the atmosphere was 27psi ( minus small loss from blower load). It is not as efficient as stock setup but more responsive and smoother reguardless of intercooler size etc.

As the blower then would have no throttle it would always push maximum capacity of air reguardless of throttle position.

You regulate boost with a BOV, and it will blow off at all times exept full throttle, so a plumb back is recomended.

Didnt notice any timing belt noise, but definately a blower whine. I had thrashed it for 3 hrs constant before it snapped. Who nows how many k's are on this engine and belt.

My mate thrashed his silvia K for years, sold it and within hours the belt snapped, snapped off 2 valve heads and took chunks out of the pistons.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: 4AGZE SC14 Thu, 17 March 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm tastey. GOt idea's running through my head now!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4AGZE SC14 Thu, 17 March 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same, im very keen on this idea...

im only worried about clearance issues in the aw..

any chance if you could put up some more pics to give a better view of the setup...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC14 Thu, 17 March 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arent the copper bends heavy?
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE SC14 Thu, 17 March 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 22:46

arent the copper bends heavy?

and where did you source them from?
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 4AGZE SC14 Thu, 17 March 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben your car is fast enough, stop trying to make it faster! Or give it to me.... Very Happy
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4AGZE SC14 Mon, 23 May 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a plan......

nice work man... Im intrested in cloning this idea.... I asked a few weeks back about the use of the bigport manifold on a 4agze... I was told it couldnt be done..... is the FWD manifold different in size/clearance or is it the SC14 that allows the NA intakes to be used...or a combination of both these ect??

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4AGZE SC14 Mon, 23 May 2005 11:51 Go to previous message
so when is the sprintex SC going on? Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE111 front suspension
Next Topic:7A oil pump into 4AGE bottom end....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 20:25:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063512325286865 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.