Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Watch the drift battle on TV tonight.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 03:36 Go to next message
The Autobarn Drift Battle at Wakefield Park is being shown on TV tonight. Fox Sports Inside Speed... 7:30pm AEST. It was on SBS last Sunday but I slept in and missed it Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey thanks Indi, i missed the free to air show. Smile
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet im gunna watch it! cheers for the heads up.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a look in the guide, it aint on fox sports 1 or 2? ARGH
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have fox! Someone record it PLEASE!
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wacthing it now... some thing i thought that was intresting was the dude that run's the capa ute was saying that they have an agreement with holden for the next two years?
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was ok, wakefeild looks bumpy and shithouse, with the stiff ass suspension it would be hell, yeh well think about it, its got 1000hp, its the only kind in its class its sort of a big deal so holden would want in.
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 20:23

It was ok, wakefeild looks bumpy and shithouse, with the stiff ass suspension it would be hell, yeh well think about it, its got 1000hp, its the only kind in its class its sort of a big deal so holden would want in.

having 1000hp dont mean shit, holden are in it because they know that the young kids are into the sport and it will move there cars if they get them into the spot light, this is the best way of doing it and it would cost them zip all to give some one a new car
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it worth taping??
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ahhh from personal experience in a car that has stiff susspension wakefield is not at all bumpy unless ur on the grass.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No one really performed well there i thought.
From what i saw anyway.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if there are any highlight worth watching and someone managed to tape it, a bit of avi action wouldn't go astray!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

"Quick response, advanced footwork & good driving.
Pursuing sports & sporty."

i like the hks kansai english slogan

[Updated on: Thu, 17 March 2005 12:35]

Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watched a bit at my gym
seemed pretty good
too bad i couldnt stay to watch the rest.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Thu, 17 March 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people had all of 5 laps to practice on a track they had never driven before...
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Fri, 18 March 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The IDA guys were all having a bad day, James was all over the CAPA ute until his intercooler pipe came off, Stephen was doing REALLY well too and then he spun and lost, Beau was still trying to adjust to drifting the sti, and Josh was awesome until he destroyed 2nd gear.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Fri, 18 March 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyoda wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 11:47

having 1000hp dont mean shit, holden are in it because they know that the young kids are into the sport and it will move there cars if they get them into the spot light, this is the best way of doing it and it would cost them zip all to give some one a new car

That was exactly my point dick.
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Fri, 18 March 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 17:10

then be more informative next time "dick"
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Fri, 18 March 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyoda wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 17:58

unforgiven wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 17:10

then be more informative next time "dick"

Laughing
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Fri, 18 March 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I caught about 10 seconds when it was on SBS the other week, did anyone record it? I don't care if the action wasn't any good....
Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Sun, 20 March 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone tell me why beau was driftin in the sti where did the sprinter go.
Did someone sponsure him or something
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Sun, 20 March 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Mon, 21 March 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldn't be bagging out holden too much them helping sponsor a team is likely to bring the sport into mainstream motorsport, thus probably helping it get on TV.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Mon, 21 March 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and bring all the bogans with it luvley VB singlets and hsv flags everywhere get enough of it every weekend on the V8 supersluts.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Mon, 21 March 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh the bogans are already watching drifting think about it the only reason they watch the v8 is too watch ppl crash or spin, drifting is a form of motorsport that sees plenty of carnage and lots of spins burnouts it already has the bogan element.

Ever seen the hill at oran park the hairpin is bogan central lots of spins burnouts and accidents and they love it.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Tue, 22 March 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any pics of the sti?

who sponsored him?
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Watch the drift battle on TV tonight. Tue, 22 March 2005 22:44 Go to previous message
Protechnica I think.

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/gallery/albums/upload/events_20050227/prev6.jpg

Hey I just realised if you look very carefully in the top left hand corner of that pic you can see me in my pink hat Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2005 22:47]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help with video file?
Next Topic:ooops, forgot to drift
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:33:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060110092163086 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.