Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jeffro
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Sun, 13 March 2005 03:07 Go to next message
Unfortunately have finally blown up my 3tgteu after 2years of 14-20 pound and heaps of thrashing. was after some info on where to buy forged pistons for it & also a VRS kit have had no luck with local engine builders. While im rebuilding it any tricks or other mods i should do like up grade rods. Is there any other weak link to these engines other than the pistons. any advice would be apreciated
  Send a private message to this user    
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Sun, 13 March 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any speed shop should be able to get them or try direct from the guys who make them aria, je ect i wouldnt pay any more than 800 for a set with rings either. repco for vrs kit. get the rods looked at while the are out and shotpeened. would be a good idea to get head looked at as well because valves may be worn if its been gettin 20psi.
jeffro
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Thu, 17 March 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks heaps for the info but repco doesnt list anything for my engine at all so dont realy no where to look. also need water pump. was told by my engine builder forged rods were available is this upgrade worth while or are the standard rods up to the task. i think there is a place in melbourne called mild to wild celicas does anyone know the phone number and do they still exist thanks for help
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Thu, 17 March 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's heaps of information on these forums about building the 3TGTE bottom end if you spend some time searching.

The basics are that you do not need to upgrade the crank or rods, however linishing/shotpeening never goes to waste on the rods if you plan regular excursions past 7000rpm. APEP in Victoria made my 3TGTE forgies from Ross blanks, but there are other suppliers also. Search for posts by "Yellorolla", i'm sure he's mentioned it a dozen times.

I sourced my gasket sets through toyota genuine. Price wasn't too bad.
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Fri, 18 March 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can use gasket for a 2tg i think
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Fri, 18 March 2005 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
repco should have 3t-gte vrs gaskets set, well they do in perth

check here

http://www.swmotorsport.com/enginegskt.htm

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2005 16:23]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Fri, 18 March 2005 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^^^^^
beat me to it
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Fri, 18 March 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate if you are after anything for a 3TGTEU try Shawn Maloney or Wilkins Motorsport, thats where I got everything I needed for my rebuild.

Here are Shawn Maloney's details, will try and find Wilkins Motorsport.

Twin Cam Engines
C/- IDB Automotive
65 Butler Street
Richmond VIC
Phone 03 9428 5277.

Good Luck with it.

Cheers,
Mitch.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Sat, 19 March 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stewart Wilkins Rallying Pty Ltd

U 6/ 16 Wingate Rd Mulgrave 2756
(02) 4577 2400

There you go for gaskets.

Pistons from SPS in Dandenong Vic.

I had mine made 1mm O/S (86mm bore) and ring grooves cut to take Nissan (holden) RB30ET rings.
jeffro
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Where do i buy forged pistons & VRS kit for 3tgteu Sat, 19 March 2005 07:08 Go to previous message
thanks heaps for all the info helped me heaps
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HILUX DISC CONVERSION
Next Topic:AE86 Lower control Arm ball joint into KE20 lower controll arm
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 22:21:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051400661468506 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.