Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 10:08 Go to next message
recently there was a thread about ppl and their shit neighbours well i wanna know the good stories.
I live in a quiet cul de sac and over my life time in the street all of it we have had great neighbours bar maybe 1 or 2 that have lived in the street in over 20 years.
My neighbour is my mechanic a great bloke and is good at what he does. Today he took my car in to fix it's leaky diff and to check out the radiator, he has fixed the diff before but the problem reoccurred. Anyway got home tonight and went in to collect my keys and the bill and was greet by don't worry just tightened the gasket back up topped up the diff and resealed it, radiator is okay don't pay me anything, i'm like thanks you sure he like it was no problem.
We have five cars in my house they don't all fit in my driveway so my neighbour the mechanic lets me park in his and that way when they go out it looks like someone is home. It's great everyone looks out for each other ie any suspect cars in the street are noted and ppl are told. Just make sure you don't do anyhting stupid and annoy them cos it's bound to come back to your parents. Our street is like a family, everyone talks to each when out the front and we have christmas drinks generally although the last few years evryone has been too busy. anyway end my rant just wanna hear some positive stories instead of ppl always bitching about things
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotta love it that some people still rock

Smile good 2 hear, especially in sydney where 90% of people are fuckheads
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when my parents go on holidays in about a month the lady next door has offered to iron my business shirts for free if i wash them and take them in one the weekend, i only have five shirts and my parents will be away for two weeks
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol my neighbours are great.... I've locked myself out of my house and they let me use there phone Very Happy the kids go two doors down most of the time messing someone elses house Very Happy or sometimes there kids are here Crying or Very Sad the other neighbours have fantastic screaming matches which last for hours.. Shocked but we all wave to each other Cool

they give me that loved feeling Very Happy
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where I live there is 15 units.all retired people and I must say they are all pretty good people.
funny but good. a couple of them have cats that they treat like people, like they buy topside steak for the cats and have full on conversations with them.when you send them a xmas card you have to put the cats name on it to.
we have a xmas dinner for all the familys and friends and they will even buy the little kids something.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my auntie used to feed their cats atlantic salmon that she bought and cooked for them
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 21:17

when my parents go on holidays in about a month the lady next door has offered to iron my business shirts for free if i wash them and take them in one the weekend, i only have five shirts and my parents will be away for two weeks

iron ur own friggen shirts Razz,

or wont mummy and daddy let u use the iron while there not home Laughing

MY NEIGHBOURS ARE HOT Laughing

CHEERS

NOLAN
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no my mum does everything and i ain't complaining i don't know how to iron lol and if the offers open i wouldn't see anyone here complaining, i can cook just not iron and my sister is a bum i even offered to pay her money and she won't do it.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 21:49

Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 21:17

iron ur own friggen shirts Razz,

or wont mummy and daddy let u use the iron while there not home Laughing

MY NEIGHBOURS ARE HOT Laughing

CHEERS

NOLAN

they won't be home anyway, and nolan yes i have used an iron before but can't iron business shirts i done things plenty more dangerous than using an iron, i have blown up a chemistry experiment in school was a good laugh noone hurt
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I grew up in a quiet bushland cul-de-sac it was great. Every one knew each other. Everyone chatted but it wasnt ghey like 'neighbours' on ch 10.
We too had the christmas drinks in the local park. Back when they were allowed our next door neighbour would get heaps of fireworks and we'd have a big cracker night in the park.

No i live in Mayfield. Junkies, alcoholics. HAHA this dude was walking down the street at 1030am the other day. Cock out pissing as he was walking on the main street and walking through his piss. Damn it was funny....
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its the same as our street, Im kinda sick of it though... If any of my mates turn up or show off there new car, everyone comes out and has a look at whats going on... How about some privacy

oh yeah and for or Christmas Party we block off our end of the street and have a BBQ and cricket games in the middle of the road... And we reel out the TV... Our christmas parties rock...

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2005 22:54]

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: great neighbours Fri, 18 March 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 09:02

Everyone chatted but it wasnt ghey like 'neighbours' on ch 10

Laughing

Quote:

HAHA this dude was walking down the street at 1030am the other day. Cock out pissing as he was walking on the main street and walking through his piss. Damn it was funny....

and again, Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: great neighbours Sat, 19 March 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the names of 90% of the people in my street and speak to about 60% of them regularly.
We too have Christmas drinks every year except we also have Easter drinks and occasionally a street BBQ where we block off the road for a Saturday and bust out the BBQ's and booze.
The recently retired guy across the road brings our bins in for us every week on bin day.
When I had my 18th birthday party I posted "noise warning" notes in the surrounding neighbour's mailboxes so they knew to expect a little noise that night. Instead of them bitching at me I received a couple of happy birthday cards from them in our mailbox.
When the neighbours on our left go on holidays me and my bro feed their cat and water the garden. They give us $10 a day for it. The cat used to be scared but will come when i call it know. So even the neighbour's cat is friendly. Smile

Basically... Some streets are full of dysfunctional people but our street is full of friendly people who realise that its good to get along and maintain a community.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 March 2005 00:22]

Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: great neighbours Sun, 20 March 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got pretty good neighbours. The people across the street are car nuts too, so we get on well. Plus he lent me his air compressor for months, did some welding for me, helped me with tune up's all for nicks.
I do stuff for them too, mainly install car audio. Even got to do a bit of work on his 1929 Dodge Very Happy

We have a bit of a thing going about how many cars we all have.. We have 4 in our driveway, they normally have 4 - 5. We have to keep it looking like a car yard. They have 3 boats on us though Laughing

The people directly next door are cool and let us use their driveway and garage when they were away for 6 weeks or so and our driveway was getting re-done. They let us use their pool while they're away too.

The people on the other side are a bit weird, but by no means bad neighbours.. just quiet and strange sometimes.

In my last street everyone knew each other and was friendly, it was good there
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: great neighbours Sun, 20 March 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No-one here really talks in this neighbourhood. which is good every one keeps too thereselves. Which is the best way too be.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: great neighbours Sun, 20 March 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 09:53

old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 09:02

HAHA this dude was walking down the street at 1030am the other day. Cock out pissing as he was walking on the main street and walking through his piss. Damn it was funny....

and again, Laughing

as i was approaching the stumbler from behind while driving i saw a stream coming from his crutch, i was like No, he isnt, No, it cant be, then i comfirmed he was pissing and I nearly crashed! He was walking through it. He was about 40 years old too! ahahhahaha!
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: great neighbours Sun, 20 March 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow it all sounds like "neighbours" cept for the pissing while walking bit Rolling Eyes thats so messed up Laughing
Just Half Steppin
Regular

Banned Again

March 2005
Re: great neighbours Sun, 20 March 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both my neighbours either side are extremely nice people...

I ran out of petrol and one of the neighbours gave me money to go and get petrol which i paid back when i got paid...

They dont mind the loud music that we play all night most weekends, or the amount of noisy cars that come and go from my house in the early hours of the morning....

...They didnt even mind that i did a burnout from my house to the end of the street at like 2am...

Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: great neighbours Mon, 21 March 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, my street's pretty good. Hot rodders on one side (they laugh at all my mate's cars. I laugh at them Laughing ) and a cop with a VT GTS and an UBAR hot wife on the other side. The guy across the road runs a lumbar yard and gave me free stuff to build a sub box. Next to him is a poor woman who's Jackaroo caught fire one afternoon. We were putting it out with hoses and calling 000 while she was running up and down the street in hysterics. Confused
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: great neighbours Tue, 22 March 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my old street was alright with the original neighbours but as people moved away and the new neighbours came things just werent the same. one guy bought his dads house of him and did it up. was like the guy who said everyone helped each other out, one guy was a sparky so any electrical problems he would fix for free, and stuff like that
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: great neighbours Tue, 22 March 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when mine die ill repost here
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: great neighbours Wed, 23 March 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 20:02

eh?
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: great neighbours Wed, 23 March 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine are American Embarassed
Who are trying to sue us for building a dam on our own land.
But anyways, my other ex-neighbour was awesome and both her and her daughter loved swimming in their pool in the buff Razz
While the new neighbour Heart is married to a brit
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: great neighbours Thu, 24 March 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to live in city apartments and we barely knew each other. i only knew the swiss guy living next door coz we happened to be smoking in the balcony and i leaned over to borrow a light Embarassed

about a year living there, i got to know this chiq who happened to be living downstairs Very Happy , still working on it though
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: great neighbours Thu, 24 March 2005 03:22 Go to previous message
Allan wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 20:02

or you die Shocked whichever comes first Very Happy

bad luck having bad neighbours Crying or Very Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Initial D