Toymods » Tech & Conversions » need info about starlets and 4E FTE's

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
god bless the black top*
Newcomer

March 2005
need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Sun, 20 March 2005 01:27 Go to next message
hey guys,

need some help here. looking to buy a '90 starlet turbo from a guy, he's put an rx7 intercooler and a bigger turbo from a CA18DET (S13). i just need to know any regular problems that occur with the car, and things that need to be replaced/repaired first and foremost. also i'm not sure how long the tank lasts, the owner told me it 300kms or more depending on my driving style. is it worth the buy? i know the engine specs, but is the brake balance good? anyways, thanx for any help.

Send a private message to this user    
mrboxman
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Sun, 20 March 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good
300km on one tank thats alot plus the starlet tanks are small thats
really good
i think its a good buy
god bless the black top*
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Sun, 20 March 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the intercooler was top mounted in the swap, could a wrx intercooler replace the current rx7's? would it run more efficiently?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Sun, 20 March 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how can we say if its a good buy? how much is it and what condition? they are generally prety good cars, havent driven one with a bigger turbo tho.
god bless the black top*
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Sun, 20 March 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car is mint, it's about 40k trinidad and tobago dollars. i'm living in the west indies, i was wondering how expensive it is to maintain this car as parts may be scarce. does the 4E FTE share seals/parts with other toy engines? are there universal parts available?
god bless the black top*
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Sun, 20 March 2005 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
40k tt is about 8028.98 aus dollars Mad , which sounds REALLY expensive, but that's just how cars are over here. Rolling Eyes
god bless the black top*
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Sun, 20 March 2005 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
help!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Mon, 21 March 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't know much about the starlets but these guys probably do....

http://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?c=7
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Mon, 21 March 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
8000 aus for a starlet with a 4efte is not a lot actually
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Mon, 21 March 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats quite cheap really.

I use to have one, 90 model too, awesome cars, and I use to get 450kms to a tank, thats with mods, FMIC, Exhaust, Filter, BOV and 17psi. I ran 13.6 in it, but that was with a Guess tech. Fun little cars, had no dramas at all, other then 2 clutches. They are very light, and can get scary around bumpy corners, but mine the shocks were gone.
god bless the black top*
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Mon, 21 March 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney u will be a blessed man. thanks
god bless the black top*
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Mon, 21 March 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey koffee which shocks did u eventually put on? if u did at all? u think KYB GR2s would be good?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: need info about starlets and 4E FTE's Mon, 21 March 2005 06:14 Go to previous message
regular starlet 4efe parts would be interchangable, to an extent.
the one i drove had GAB 8 way adjustables on the rear and HKS shocks on the front, plus HKS springs alround. handled pretty good i thought.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Seat Rails!
Next Topic:MX73 Cress Manual Conversion?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:01:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057070255279541 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.