Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida Sun, 20 March 2005 09:15 Go to next message
The heater in the Cressida is leaking Sad and there is a little bit of pink coolant staining on the grey carpet (very 80's).

I have bypassed the heater for now, and I have had a little look at what the job may require; looks like a rather large job.

Has anyone removed/replaced the heater in an MX83?
If so; what is involved (pulling the dash apart or is it necessary)?
Is there any tips involving removing/replacing the heater that I can employ?
Do I need to replace the whole plastic box and dice? Or am I able to remove the core from the box, without destroying the box?

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Sun, 20 March 2005 09:18]

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida Sun, 20 March 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's anything like an MA71 (which it will be), you're up for a bastard of a job. The whole dash has to come out before you can even see the heater core, and getting everything back together properly is a nightmare.

Good luck!
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida Sun, 20 March 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 20:43

If it's anything like an MA71 (which it will be), you're up for a bastard of a job. The whole dash has to come out before you can even see the heater core, and getting everything back together properly is a nightmare.

Good luck!

TOPS Confused
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida Sun, 20 March 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=YS280 5&CATID=&keywords=ceramic+heater&SPECI AL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword 1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=& ;amp ;priceMax=&SUBCATID=

probably can get the core out easy once the pipes are cut off it then stuff one or two of those suckers in the hole, thats the plan for the ma70 and ma45, less hoses = more reliability

[Updated on: Sun, 20 March 2005 10:54]

manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida Sun, 20 March 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You may find specific info to remove the heater on toyotacressida.com
Best of luck.Pete.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida Mon, 21 March 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work - I will check it out. Let me know how your installation goes.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida Mon, 21 March 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After like the 10th leaky heater in the RA28 I brought one of those jaycar cores to try fitting.

It's still 'work in progress' but seems easy enough.. My concern though is it doesn't give out a lot of heat and it draws 25amps or so. So running 2 wouldn't be possible I don't think.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida Mon, 21 March 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the RA28 I am wondering why you haven't had a new core soldered to your end tanks at teh local radiator shop (this makes the assumption that you have been using wrecking yard models because of so many leaking cores).
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R&R Heater in MX83 Cressida Mon, 21 March 2005 01:50 Go to previous message
That assumption was partly correct Smile - until the last replacement that was a brand new job from the radiator shop. It lasted a bit longer than the others, around 2 years I think this time.

Heater cores don't like me Sad

Edit - should mention that 10 was an exaggeration. Been through enough though to know how to get the dash apart & back together in record time.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 01:51]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jz - oil pressure sensors
Next Topic:ae101 4agze conversion --> ae92 SX baby. . .Pls Advise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 18:29:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048680305480957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.