Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Mon, 21 March 2005 03:02 Go to next message
Another club i know is organising a track day on ANZAC day.
Just posting this up to see if there is any interest from people on here who would like to attend.

Due to the fact that its is being held on a public holiday there is a 10% surchage which will put the price up to $132 for the day. There is also the cost of your wakefield lisence if you don't already have one. I believe that it is around $40. He usually makes a limit of 45 cars for the day so that it doesn't get too congested out on the track.

If you are interested i can PM you the number of the organiser and you can book a ticket.
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Mon, 21 March 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can highly reccomend these track days and bell performance usually turn out some nice cars for these events. There is usually also official lap timing for bragging rights just make sure 2 cars of the same make/colour dont race in the same group as this can make for some very suss lap times.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 23 March 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohhh yeah i've been waiting for a wakefield day for sooooooo long! I'm in baby Smile

PM me details please.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 23 March 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
count me in!! if I still have my car !!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 23 March 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM's sent Smile
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 23 March 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup yup!!!
me should be ready for this!!!
Very Happy Very Happy
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 23 March 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope its not too crowded
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Fri, 25 March 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 15:23

count me in!! if I still have my car !!

are u selling it!!??? Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
WPN_16T
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Fri, 25 March 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IS this by any chance being organised by Circuit Club?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Sat, 26 March 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 30 March 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a chat to the organiser and just waiting for some payment details now Smile
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 30 March 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I've got nothing on that day I might try and get down there with the camera for a few hours Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 30 March 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, I'll be in Canberra for the weekend anyway, could do this on the way home on Monday.
What are the contact details?
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 30 March 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey that sound like a fun day could you please PM me the number, I wouldn't mind taking the beast around the track.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 30 March 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM's sent wagonist and jzx90t
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 31 March 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it $132 including the license because normally a track day is $80 plus the $40 for the annual license. And $120 + 10% = $132

Oh and PM me the details please
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 31 March 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is $132 + $40 for license.

It's a private booking and on a public holiday.. Gotta expect to pay a bit more.

Cheers
Joel
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 05 April 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin, one of the main reasons for the higher price is that the track is privately booked and the organisers have arranged for electronic timing and printouts of all lap times which is something that you don't usually get on a normal practice day.

I don't have my roster for that weekend as i'm still in training at the moment for my new job, however i'll be there spectating if i have the day off.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 05 April 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've booked 3 cars in Smile

The RA28 driven my yours truely, AE86 by Meg and a Mini by my mate & his girlfriend!
Hopefully my mates 280Z will be ready also.

We are all staying down in a motel on Sunday night.

Cant wait!
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 06 April 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a fund day, if I can spare the day I might tag along for the trip with you Joel. Although after last time at wakefield though I don't think gold28 is gonna be up to the task Sad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 06 April 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd so go to something like this, but i'd feel stupid driving an auto soarer around haha

Have fun guys Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 06 April 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anthony, mate be great if you could make it!

Merudo - nothing stupid about that! There will be a stock mini there Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 06 April 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 11:16

Anthony, mate be great if you could make it!

Merudo - nothing stupid about that! There will be a stock mini there Smile

I guess you're right. I might come even to spectate and for a bit of a cruise out there... Wakefield's not exactly close to the central coast, but it would be a nice drive!

I'll think about booking a spot in the next few days... I'd like to meet some of you guys and put names to faces anyway, so would be cool to head on down there regardless if I get out on the track or not. Smile
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 12 April 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its a nice place, 10 mins from cop territory; Goulburn. Rolling Eyes

My question however is, is this track day a lap time type thing or can i go drifting around the track at my own pace? can anyone tell me?

id go if drift is allowed, im sure some other ppl are wondering as well. thanks.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 12 April 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's being lap timed. I heard that wakefield open days they are not too kind to people drifting around the track. Have dedicated days for that. Can anyone confirm that?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 13 April 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure screech, although i've sent you a PM concerning it
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Fri, 15 April 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10 days to go! i'll be spending this weekend getting the RA28 & AE86 all ready.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Sun, 17 April 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unfortunately i won't be there Crying or Very Sad i'm rostered on for work and i'd rather get double time and a half so i can put more towards the car.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Mon, 18 April 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can confirm that Wakefield isn't overly fond of drifting during track days, but you're usually fine getting it sideways here and there. I was actually jumping on to post my own very similar thread to this one! We've got our own day coming up on the friday, the 29th (and i'm going to start a thread for it straight after this).

At our last day, i was following an XR6 Turbo for a couple of laps who was getting it sideways every chance he got. They flagged him in, and i didn't see him again that day. Don't mean to jack your thread finney, just thought i'd mention that occurence seeing as someone asked. Of course, the Falcon may've been pulled in for some other reason.

Anyway, if you can't make finney's on the monday, check out my thread for friday the 29th!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Mon, 18 April 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the topic of drifting i was at another track day at wakefield organised by rotary enthusiasts of NSW and they actually organised seperate a seperate drift track on wakefield and also a go to wo which was held inbetween the starndard track driving. it all comes down to the organiser of the day and what they want done. If there is demand it'll be put on.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 21 April 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I spoke to the organiser, and i shall be there, with a friend in a Civic VTir
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 21 April 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool i'll see you there Smile
Regina
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 21 April 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,
So are you saying mini is stupid?

Very Happy
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 21 April 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We will soon see!!- nothing stupid about the mini though, just the big dork driving it Laughing
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 21 April 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have an idea of what sort of time they're likely to be on the track by in the morning?

I'll probably have something else on later that day, but if people are starting early enough (and if there's any demand for photos) I might just shoot down in the morning..

If anyone's cruising down early, what time are you all likely to be heading through the Liverpool area?
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 21 April 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The plan is to meet at kk's at 7am, hopefully leave pretty soon after we've filled our sugar quota for the rest of the day Laughing

can hardly wait!, just got heaps of things preped on the car
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 21 April 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dude - Might see you there.

I agree, sugar will make the drive down and back so much easier Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Fri, 22 April 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time will you be getting to the track?
I'm coming from Canberra, so I need to figure out what time I need to leave there.
Also what time does the day go till? I might need a sleep in on Monday morn to catch up from the 4am starts on the weekend.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Fri, 22 April 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm staying the night in Goulbourn. Plan to get out to wakefield around 8am or so.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Fri, 22 April 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just heard at work today that i've got monday off now so i'll be down there for sure Very Happy

will be good to meet/see some toymodders out there
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Sat, 23 April 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
were aiming around 9 to get there...

id say itl go till 4 or so depending on the number of cars and if the ppl running it get sick of our mad fast times Laughing
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Sun, 24 April 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take some good photos guys and have a good day! Very Happy
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Mon, 25 April 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheres the photos boys!?
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Mon, 25 April 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well had a fantastic time and good to see the full 40 or so cars turn up...

met at kk's at 7 and just when we were thinking of leaving a group of boys in blue pulled up and started defecting this eunos with massive rims....waited for ages and just when they sat to eat their maccas we made a move, hehe

best time of the day was a guy in a 350Z completely race preped with a 1'10... i managed to score a 1'19 which i was ecstatic about, and then driving home realised i was only running 7 psi!!!

anyway great day and i encourage everyone to go and have a blast no matter what car you have..

big thanks to circuitclub and narada for all the organising Very Happy
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 26 April 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know that lucid was out there taking pictures, may want to check his website...

http://www.luc1d.net/
Anabolic
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 26 April 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, Mike and Louis both dipped into the 9's in the 350Z. It has a lot more left in it.

It's all about the flames.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 26 April 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the topic of flames i think that my mates RX7 was the winner on the day, especialling watching him on the back striaght and coming into the first corner.

theres just something about flames around a foot long pouring out the back Laughing
Anabolic
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 26 April 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's me you dick....
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 26 April 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
said in true style too.....

i didn't think you were on here... then again that picture really does suit you
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 26 April 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 17:00

i know that lucid was out there taking pictures, may want to check his website...

http://www.luc1d.net/

Yep, I got a whole bunch.. Will try and have them online today and will post up a direct link when they're done.

Must say it was a very enjoyable day to spectate, with a good mix of cars out there.. Some quite impressive lap times too by the looks of it! Well done to everyone who was out there having a crack at it.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Tue, 26 April 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had an unreal day! Best fun in ages Smile .. Circuit-club did really well organising the day and everything went smoothly. Was a bit concerned when they put me up in class B but managed to not embarrass myself.

It's these kind of days that make all the money and effort you chuck at your car feel worthwhile.

My best time was a 1.19 which I was more than happy with seeing my last time at wakefield was in the 30s Sad

I managed to impress the fast 4s & rotaties guys there and got a quick interview/photo shoot of the car so will be looking forward to seeing that in the mag. He couldn't believe a almost 30 year old Celica was sticking to his new WRX Laughing

Meg went well for her first time in the AE86, best time was a 1.29 which was great I reckon for a first time .. My mate Mike drove the AE86 also and got a 1.24 so the car definately did well.

The Mini went great too driven mainly by Erin and sometimes Mike. Survived the day apart from some almost bald front tyres and got the best of a 1.35 I think? Everyone loved seeing the Mini hammering around the track.

Was really good to see some girls out on the track. I was a bit disappointed they didn't get a mention at the end of the day for a bit of encouragement as it was a pretty huge thing for them to do and they did really well I thought.

http://img178.echo.cx/img178/503/resized8to.jpg

I'll definately be putting my name down for the next one.. Would really like to have some decent racing tyres though as I found my fronts had a tendency to melt.

Cheers
Joel

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 27 April 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be keepiing these events coming from the guys at circuit club so just keep an eye out. the next day that they'll have an event will be Tuesday July 5th
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 27 April 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My photos from the day - Enjoy! (please let me know if there are any broken links - I'm not sure if all of them uploaded..)

http://www.luc1d.net/other/circuit_club_250405/

A few faves:

http://www.luc1d.net/other/circuit_club_250405/IMG_5937.jpg
Joel's TurboRA28 in action Very Happy

http://www.luc1d.net/other/circuit_club_250405/IMG_6059.jpg
Desperately seeking swaybars Razz Wink

http://www.luc1d.net/other/circuit_club_250405/IMG_6017.jpg
EGG80X!

http://www.luc1d.net/other/circuit_club_250405/IMG_5951.jpg
This GTR was an absolute WEAPON.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 27 April 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i'm suprised how much roll the AE86 had! From driving it along the old pac it always felt really stable.

I think the springs are way too soft...

It actually looks just like the RA28 last time it was at Wakefield.

Great pics!

Thanks
Joel
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Wed, 27 April 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that GTR looks awesome needs to straighten up his badge though
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 28 April 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome photos lucid Very Happy

i'm a fan of this one....
http://www.luc1d.net/other/circuit_club_250405/IMG_6114.jpg

but yeah gee dubs man Smile

edit: i think some suspension mods are needed here...

http://www.luc1d.net/other/circuit_club_250405/IMG_6074.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 08:05]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 28 April 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 18:04

edit: i think some suspension mods are needed here...

'kn oath!! There was a couple of S15s there that had quite a similar stance in the corners as well.. I was quite surprised to see it really!
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 28 April 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was great to finally see the place.
I was half tempted to sign up, but glad I didn't.
Not much sleep Yawn , a car full of gear & dirt from the rally of Canberra Confused .
Would've been funny to have the car going round the track with the "Rally Of Canberra Official" stickers on the doors though Laughing
And I wouldn't have been the only diesel on the track Shocked Razz

I will definitely be having a go a some point though. Got to do it before I sell the car.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 28 April 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone else see the tool in the Clio near the end of the day using the "shortcut" track at the hairpin onto the main straight? No No No

Even when he was behind people, he'd come ripping up this lane, I saw at least one Integra & Audi TT having to pretty much come to a dead stop as they used the normal track & he speared out in front of them. Shocked
Serran
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day 25/4/05 Thu, 28 April 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
yeh i saw it! couldnt believe it, thats why i also informed cameron straight after the session. i was showing a friend in the d group the lines... and im like wtf! anyway that tool was banned from wakefield. also that audi tt was banned for apparently not obeying red flags. at one stage he ignored 4 reds in a row in the same session.

ps. great pics lucid

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 11:37]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Palm Beach night cruise. 6/5/05
Next Topic:it's been cancelled, nevermind (Central Coast cruise saturday night, 14th of May)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 21:45:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012322902679443 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.