Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Backpacking Sun, 20 March 2005 06:37 Go to next message
anyone done it before? what's your experience?

i would like to backpack in the future...but have no idea how much it would cost me...

so if u have backpack before...any tips or estimated expenditure, which country and for how long...

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Backpacking Sun, 20 March 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try reading up lonely planet guides for your destination countries (NZ i liked the best)

join the YHA

search the internet for anything backpacker related
tomartom
Regular

June 2004
Re: Backpacking Sun, 20 March 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you work around the fruit picking season in the different states, money should not be a problem. I would reccomend travelling with someone else as being more safe than by your self. Sometimes bus lines offer special rates for those whom want to travel whenever and wherever, but budget airfares are good these days as well. PLease Oh Please pack soap when you go. I have been in backpackers cars and had them staying with me and DAAAAAAAAAm do they smell, and these guys were family...

It is a great experience, you mature and learn things that otherwise would be out of reach in our normal daily lives.

Oh yes when you stay in backpackers motels keep an eye on your stuff things go missing, don't lend money unless you don't expect it back, and please don't fall for the $5 note on the bathroom floor,( o the times I fell for that one.... you'll end up "taking one for the team'" if you know what I mean.. Just jokes

tony

[Updated on: Sun, 20 March 2005 11:22]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Backpacking Sun, 20 March 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I would love too go back packing myself
tomartom
Regular

June 2004
Re: Backpacking Sun, 20 March 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick you still interested in going to Canberra for a couple of days

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Backpacking Sun, 20 March 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't mind going, but I don't think I'd be able too get time off. Were pretty flat out at the moment. So I prolly won't go. I like the idea but
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Backpacking Mon, 21 March 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do it, it's the best. Check out gumtree.com or lonelyplanet.com, my other favourite forums.

Drew.
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Backpacking Wed, 23 March 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok here's the deal

YES there are plenty of hot chicks that backpack it up and drinking is the norm so you should be able to get some sction

However, the places STINK! people just seem to be dirty. the worst offending in this regard is smelly carpet and mattresses and linen.

My experience is that in rooms with hard floors like tiles or lino over carpet you won't have as much issue with smelly rooms.

Seriously though... the mattresses can be f*cking filthy!

pricing at least in australia is around the $25 per night range for a dorm bed and $50+ for a shared unit and queen bed in your own room (shared bathroom and living areas likely)

I am amazed that girls don't have more issue with the smell of it all but the internet has taught me that there are some dirty girls out there Smile

Some places have a lot of problem with rats, bed bugs etc etc etc and theft of yoyr stuff is not uncommon.

If you arr gonna stay in an area for a while maybe look at sharing a house and paying the same or less per week and having a decent room, some privacy and all that.

however the party atmosphere at the backpackers can be really cool.

so if you can deal with smelly dirty people go for it
studman
Occasional Poster

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Backpacking Wed, 23 March 2005 05:13 Go to previous message
i was a backpacker all through school den I got a satchel so i guess i am not a backpacker any more. if you wan any tips let me know. just make sure you can fit all your school books in tha backpack or u will haf to carry dem in ur hands.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NRL Tipping
Next Topic:I Just took 9 tabs of Combantrin
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:45:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062751770019531 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.