Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » which 4AGE version??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
teh_transformer
Regular

February 2005
which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 02:31 Go to next message
i'm planning to buy a complete AE71 corolla with 5 speed already, and drop 4AGE in, but i'm not sure what model / version etc.

which car will it come out of?
which are the best for a lightweight car?
  Send a private message to this user    
teh_transformer
Regular

February 2005
Re: which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, so an AE92 100kw redtop, smallport, and someone will be nice enough to donate a rwd manifold and their handywork to help me put this thing in???

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you were in sydney i could help you with this work.
teh_transformer
Regular

February 2005
Re: which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damnit.

i like it when ppl offer thier services, cos fkd if i can afford paying a pro to do the conversion for me.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just give it a go yourself thats what i did and even with my fuckups it still worked out about 4 grand cheaper than a pro.

There are pleanty of techs on here about converting 4ac to 4age and fwd 4age's to rwd.

You could allways find a set of rwd extractors for sale on this forums.
teh_transformer
Regular

February 2005
Re: which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've only really got into cars since i started driving my corolla like 6 months ago.. so i'm really only a n00b, but mechanically minded and skilled. so i dont know what is what, just i know how to put things together, and pull them apart, lol.

oh, and i like drifting, hence the ae71 and redtop idea... Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the hard part with this conversion will be the fuel system as a 4ac runs a mechanical pump on the block i thinks id have to read the tech articles again.

You will have to run a efi fuel pump in the tank with a fuel return line.

The fwd mounts will cause some issues and im not sure about how the 4age will bolt up to your gearbox. However the rest is prettey simple if you get a motor with a ecu wiring loom computer.

I would ask the witzl about this as he has done this conversion before.

As for engines i would definatley go with the 100kw motor if you cant afford a gze as the 100kw motors are newer and havent generally been thrashed as much as a 86 kw item.

Oh yeah you will need a rwd inlet manifold aswell but you can get arround this by cutting both ends off the pleneum and welding them on the opposite ends.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2005 04:23]

teh_transformer
Regular

February 2005
Re: which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some good info, cheers!

i'm planning on removing the fuel tank, getting a poly 30L tank in the boot, and going old skool with aftermarket electric fuel pump, etc. my drag racing cousins can help me with that part.

not sure if i mentioned, but this will be a barely street legal, half caged drift monster.

fixed seats, harneses, stripped interior, etc. just i'm not the engine / mechanical person. i do car detailing and custom in-car entertainment.

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
teh_transformer wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 15:08

i've only really got into cars since i started driving my corolla like 6 months ago.. so i'm really only a n00b, but mechanically minded and skilled. so i dont know what is what, just i know how to put things together, and pull them apart, lol.

oh, and i like drifting, hence the ae71 and redtop idea... Razz

collect all the bits, read peoples conversions and do a bit of re/searching...

you will be a pro after Smile
teh_transformer
Regular

February 2005
Re: which 4AGE version?? Tue, 22 March 2005 04:43 Go to previous message
thats exactly what i'm doing. except i'm also asking questions...

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who knows T50's?
Next Topic:How to measure Offsets?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 12:28:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056509971618652 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.