Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Petition against removing Australia from the WRC!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 10:01 Go to next message
Guys!
We might not see an Australian round of the WRC if Western Australia's Minister for Tourism, Mark McGowan has his way!

Please take the time to sign this petition! It only takes a few seconds.
http://www.petitiononline.com/rallyaus/petition.ht ml
  Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mcgowan is a dick Crying or Very Sad
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF is his problem.
Why would he want to cancel it.
Sounds like a fuckstick
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He wants to cancel it because Rally Drivers are Hoons Evil or Very Mad .

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2005 10:38]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a dick licker Twisted Evil

Signed...number 879 Very Happy
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
900, i hope you guys dont have John@yahoo.com Rolling Eyes .
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't mean to be an arse hole or anything... but online petitions don't mean squat.

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

CONFEDERATION OF AUSTRALIAN MOTOR SPORT (CAMS) PRESS RELEASE

21 March 2005

For Immediate Release

RALLY AUSTRALIA

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) acknowledges advice
provided today of the Western Australian government's intention to
relinquish its hosting of the Australian round of the FIA World Rally
Championship after 2005.

CAMS has been involved in the organisation of Rally Australia and has
provided the officials and sporting management of the event since its
inception.

CAMS is aware of a number of other states of Australia that have expressed a
desire to host the rally, and today's announcement by the Western Australian
government opens up opportunities for the event to be conducted in a
different location within Australia.

CAMS, in conjunction with its Australian Rally Commission will investigate
all potential locations with the objective of maintaining continuity of the
event, and its excellent standard of organisation.

The President of CAMS, Colin Osborne, expressed sincere appreciation to the
government and people of Western Australia for hosting the event since its
inception in 1988, and paid tribute to the organising team and the event
officials on their achievements throughout the past 17 years.

"The officials of Rally Australia have been outstanding in their commitment
to the event, which has produced some of the finest rally officials in the
country, and possibly anywhere in the world. We are confident that this
rally expertise can be transferred to wherever the rally is run in
Australia."

There ya go - CAMS are trying to keep it in Australia regardless, there are like 5 other states and two territories in Australia so I'm sure one of them will pick it up Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1125 i think
what a load of shit, its still making them money regardless.. what an absolute wanker
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

this is FARKED... the only real sports i watch on TV and they want to get rid of it... assassination time!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

This fool needs some learning
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I say good on him!! Get the WRC on the east coast so it is feasable for me to go. Next year I'm hoping to go to the NZ WRC and it would icing on the dirt if I could go to the OZ one too.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1,332!

I understand his point about profits but shit it's not like it's loosing them money! Mad TOOL!!
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Tue, 22 March 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10 bucks says that if Rally Australia does leave WA (although I myself hope not) then the Victorians will grab it. Wouldn't be surprised if the Vic govt was already thinking of pinching it, this will just save them the trouble.

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Wed, 23 March 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as long as it stays in australia
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Wed, 23 March 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure that Victoria COULD hold the event even if they wanted to, considering how the forestry industry is only just tolerating minimal VRC activity at the moment (compared to a few years ago when everything was hunky-dory). SA probably doesn't have the money/budget or the backing from the state government to hold it and the roads around Mt Crawford probably wouldn't hold up over such a long event. NSW has a good shot simply because of the amount of money there is over there, and I can't comment on Queensland or Tasmania. NT and ACT are unlikely Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Wed, 23 March 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Signed 1593.

That dickhead has only worked out the profits which directly result from the WRC in WA... the majority of the profits would be from the boost in tourism caused by billions of people all over the world seeing WA on TV.
Not to mention the tourism generated for the rest of Australia because "Australia" is in the WRC.

I reckon kick McGowans arse and leave it to the Federal government to make the decision... it is an issue which is not only going to effect WA it will effect the whole of Australia!
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Wed, 23 March 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Wed, 23 March 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just heard through the grapevine that Australia is contracted to have a WRC race anyway, so if WA don't want it, it'll be picked up by one of the other states.

So maybe we shouldn't have signed...

Anyway, heard on the radio this morning while driving to work that Canberra is thinking of picking it up!!!
Yay!!

YAY!!

YAY!!
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Wed, 23 March 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
signed 3034. looks like the online petition is gathering a bit of momentum Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Wed, 23 March 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Canberra already have a round of the asia-pacific rally championship - bugger off Razz
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Wed, 23 March 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Wed, 23 March 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Television coverage is minimal at the moment. I'm all for it getting shipped over to Victoria so that I can see more than a 30minute highlights package of teh aktion! ! Surprised

A shame for the sandgropers obviously, as there's bugger-all going on over there as it is, without losing one of only two major motorsports events in W.A. Sad
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Thu, 24 March 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love it in Canberra, but I think it'd be better for Australia if it was in WA.

WA's terrain is very unique in the WRC with its dirt and pebbles and it'd be a shame to lose that.

But DANG it'd be good if it was in Canberra! hehe
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Thu, 24 March 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 18:37

He wants to cancel it because Rally Drivers are Hoons Evil or Very Mad .

haha cant wait for the cops to confiscate their cars! Very Happy

might be a few beauties at police auction come rally-time!

oh yeah and that minister = teh f4g
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Thu, 24 March 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Australia has a long running contract to hold a round of the WRC, so even tho WA doesnt want to hold the event any more, as they claim they lost over $4 million last year alone, the WRC will be held on the east coast. where abouts is yet to be decided but it will be on the east coast.
you can understand the premiers decision to ditch the event when they lose so much money.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Petition against removing Australia from the WRC! Thu, 24 March 2005 06:27 Go to previous message
I have heard that NSW will be picking up the WRC in the next two years. WA dropped it because they couldnt get enough revenue from the spectator group partially due to population numbers. The basis of the plan is to move it to NSW to get a bigger attraction and make it a more profitable venture. From what I hear it was a push from the FIA and WRC more than a decision by WA govt.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Soarer Owners - this is for U !
Next Topic:New found respect for ABS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 09:23:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.038727998733521 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.