Toymods » Tech & Conversions » need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Tue, 22 March 2005 06:20 Go to next message
hey guys just about to register my celica but i need to get it tuned where abouts would you guys recomened a good carby tuner in melb preferably eastern suburbs or close by as im drive on an unregistered pass or even someone on here knows hows to tune these solex carbys.
Cheers in advance Pete
  Send a private message to this user    
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Tue, 22 March 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are they just out of balance or are there parts missing
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Tue, 22 March 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they just need balencing the car does idle a little to hight about 1300 revs but other then that got a flat spot. there is also no polution gear as it has been removed.
Pete

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2005 06:30]

September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Tue, 22 March 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be 1interested in the reply, the guy I was last referred to is 'not available' at the moment !?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Tue, 22 March 2005 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried Sean Moloney in Richmond ?

He works out of IDB Automotive's workshop upstairs.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Tue, 22 March 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 08:26

Quote:

I'd be 1interested in the reply, the guy I was last referred to is 'not available' at the moment !?

Yep, I tried.
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Tue, 22 March 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was also thinking that but from knox to richmond is goin to be a bit far to go on a pass thinkin i might trie a mechanic mate but ill let you know how i go.
Pete
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Tue, 22 March 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
September_Squall wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 09:28

bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 08:26

Quote:

Yep, I tried.

Pity, as what he deosn't know about the 18R-G and 2T-G aint worth knowing. He is well worth the drive and or wait depending on how long it is.

Cheers

Michael B
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Wed, 23 March 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last I spoke to him he wasn't taking/booking work at all. I've been in there a few times but now I need an alternative.

As to Petes76celica, there is no 'travel distance' condition on your UVP. You can drive it wherever you like. Last month I planned to use one to drive a car to Melbourne from Albury / Wodonga.
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Wed, 23 March 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats crazy just heard some comments from mates who have got them and cops have been idoits and and tried to rwc there car and trie and fine them cos they dont think there lying about goin to a workshop.
Pete
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Wed, 23 March 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ring Vicroads. It's not crazy, it's what the permit is for.

If the car is driving about on three wheels or some such nonsense though, then I'd understand Constable Plod taking exception! The regulation does state that the car should only be driven if in a generally presentable and roadworthy condition.
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: need 18RG tuned where abouts in melb Wed, 23 March 2005 02:20 Go to previous message
yea i understand that i just dont feel like being hassled by them as the are very annoying
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how to? replace the thread were wiper sits
Next Topic:dodgy car jacks & stands being recalled?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 10:22:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057148933410645 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.