Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 2nd hand steering parts? - Turner Driveshafts & Steering are champs

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
2nd hand steering parts? - Turner Driveshafts & Steering are champs Tue, 22 March 2005 23:12 Go to next message
i have a dilemma with the mk p00

there is play in the steering idle arm and no one stocks them or makes them anymore.

did the ring around to everyone and the only real help ive gotten is from supercheap who would have thought.

whats peoples opinion of finding a good one from a wrecker and putting it in?

my only real worry is removing it from the wrecked car will cause it to have the same play as the one in the mk p00 anyways.

thoughts and concerns welcome please.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 02:08]

Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Tue, 22 March 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One trick that I was told is to grab both sides and pull vigorously (you should be good at this). If you can feel that they move, then it's p00.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Tue, 22 March 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a company at Brookvale that reconditions them. Thats what I had to do when my RA28 steering went to p00.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2005 23:16]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Tue, 22 March 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narkus yeah ive alread diagnosed it, pulling is my natural instinct.

joel sounds good, do you have some more info on this place?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Tue, 22 March 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its one of those places I know how to get to but dont remember the name..

But i'm 99% sure this is it.

Turner Driveshafts & Steering
7 West St Brookvale 2100 (02) 9905 0574

They reconditioned my idler arm & pitman arm for under $100 from memory.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Tue, 22 March 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent!!!!

thanks most kindly Cool
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Wed, 23 March 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting info here

word on the street is that reconditioning involves pumping nylon into the ball joints.

dunno what they do about the bushes tho.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Wed, 23 March 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUDE I BOUGHT INNER AND OUTER TIE ROD ENDS AND UPPER AND LOWER BALL JOINTS BRAND NEW FOR MY MARK P00 ONLY A YEAR AGO.

BUT YOU CAN'T GET IDLER OR PITMAN ARMS ANYMORE - JUST CONFIRMED WITH MY LOCAL SHOP.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Wed, 23 March 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also know of someone that is in this position.

Would it be possible to machine the rear of the pitman arm so as to allow the removal of the existing ball joint, and then further machine such that a tierod end (or suitable small ball type joint) could be inserted? I'm not sure if this is possible, feasible or whatnot, just throwing an idea into the ring. Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Wed, 23 March 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or convert to R&P Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Wed, 23 March 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i can get ball joints and tie rod ends commin outta my ying yang i did a tie rod end last nite actually.

the only place ive found for idle arm reco is this joint in brookvale or supercheap (no joke) can get me overnite parts from japan (overnite read: 4 months).

im gonna go brookvale.

EDIT: actually im gonna pull it out and see if my machinist can make a new bush, then ill get the ball joint done at brookvale.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 March 2005 02:30]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Wed, 23 March 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the MARK P00 share the same/similar cross member to any other car?

Would it be easier to bolt in a crossmember from say, and MX73, or MA61, or RA65, or similar, are just use the rack and pinion?

This is all coming out of my ass, for all I know, the MARK P00 could be a full chassis.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Wed, 23 March 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mark p00 has wishbone suspension up front

i would love rack and peanut (will do it in future) but priorities now say no.

i was thinking more along the lines of looking for a idler arm from 40/50/60 series crown.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2nd hand steering parts? Tue, 12 April 2005 02:08 Go to previous message
I just like to say that i just got off the phone with the fellas at

Turner Driveshafts & Steering
7 West St Brookvale 2100 (02) 9905 0574

and they are able to rebuild my corona idle arm even tho they dont make them or the bushes anymore

he managed to hunt down a bush thats the correct size and is rebuilding now as well as reco-ing the ball joint.

he has then offered to post the idle arm back to me when its done to save me from driving all the way to brookvale again

all for $95

absolute champions!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:=Trivia= Which toyota model first came with ABS brakes standard..
Next Topic:body kits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 16:53:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053911209106445 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.