Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 08:48 Go to next message
What do you recommend the ratio to be for the coolant mixture for a 4AGE 16V?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i use 40% coolant to 60% water.

Thats roughly too, not measured.

But i believe if you use Toyota red coolant , it should be a straight mix.

Cheers

Steve
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make sure u use red coolant
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 18:53

make sure u use red coolant

Why is that? Would the Nulon Red Work alright? Why can't I use the Green coolant?

Cheers
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wont like green coolant when it gets angry... dont make it angry

why dont you follow the mixing instructions on the back of the coolant bottle to get your mix ratio, seems to work for everyone else

[Updated on: Wed, 23 March 2005 10:11]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen the effects of green coolant in 4age's you need a coolant with corrosion reseistance use nulon red and you wont have dramas with rusted thermostats for example.

If your worried about the right coolant to use then use Genuine Toyota Red coolant and you wont go wrong.
sonwill
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah toyota use red, so I use red. Toyota LLC (long life coolant) comes in either a concentrate that you mix 50/50 or in a pre mixed form.
Make sure you use demineralized or purified water.

cheers
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
straight from nulons website

Nulon RLL is recommended for use in all vehicles that use a red or orange coloured coolant. Nulon RLL is principally designed for use where OAT coolant is required. It is particularly suited for use where AS/NZS 2108.1:1997 Type A, GM6277M or Toyota TSK2601G specifications are cited. Use in all cooling systems as a replacement for any red/orange coloured coolant. Among specific makes of vehicles that use red/orange coolant are Ford Falcon EA - EF, Holden Gen III V8, all Toyota models, Audi (some models), VW (some models), Jeep (most models), Chrysler (most new imports have red), Isuzu trucks, Daihatsu cars and trucks and Caterpillar.

You must use Red Coolant in toyotas especially 4age's.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 March 2005 10:33]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just go and buy the genuine toyota stuff. it isnt that expensive and works a treat.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i have seen the effects of green coolant in 4age's you need a coolant with corrosion reseistance use nulon red and you wont have dramas with rusted thermostats for example.

welcome to coolant basics for imbeciles 101 Rolling Eyes

firstly, thermostats are made from stainless steel so dont rust, the rust colour you may see is actually scale from iron molecules in the water ( if you havent bothered to use demineralised water like you should have )

secondly, the colour of the dye bears no relation to what chemicals are used in the coolant, its not the dye that reacts its the chemical reaction based on the ingeredients and the alloy composite ( just so we are clear dye does NOT form a chemical reaction with an alloy )

try not to spend your whole life with your head buried in the sand

[Updated on: Wed, 23 March 2005 11:39]

Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tectaloy 90 +

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 22:35

secondly, the colour of the dye bears no relation to what chemicals are used in the coolant, its not the dye that reacts its the chemical reaction based on the ingeredients and the alloy composite ( just so we are clear dye does NOT form a chemical reaction with an alloy )

try not to spend your whole life with your head buried in the sand

I completley agree with you that it is just a dye but there is a reason the dye the coolant that colour.

Quote:

Nulon RLL is recommended for use in all vehicles that use a red or orange coloured coolant. Nulon RLL is principally designed for use where OAT coolant is required. It is particularly suited for use where AS/NZS 2108.1:1997 Type A, GM6277M or Toyota TSK2601G specifications are cited.

So that its easy to differenciate between different types of coolant for different specifications.

allencr
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. any corrosion inhibitor that's available/on sale.
2. any water that's available except ocean/salt water.
3. follow package instructions.

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I completley agree with you that it is just a dye but there is a reason the dye the coolant that colour.

nope colour is not a content indicator, you can get anti corrosion coolants in green, red and pink, the same as you can get lower grade coolants in green red and pink
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u didnt read/understand my last post at all did u
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually I completely understood your statements, but i wont conceed to agreeing with something that is clearly incorrect.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 March 2005 21:19]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Wed, 23 March 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 08:18

actually I completely understood your statements, but i wont conceed to agreeing with something that is clearly incorrect.

eheh well put Smile

just go buy the toyota coolant, its good stuff and not too expensive to boot.
chadix24_7
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Thu, 24 March 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are prestone coolants any good? i'm using it in my engine right now.
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Fri, 25 March 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guy who had it before me was using the Nulon Green Colant in it. I'll put the red stuff in tommorro. Is the engine drain cock near the oil filter on the 4AGE?

Cheers
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Fri, 25 March 2005 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are two drain points, one on the radiator at the bottom on the passenger side and the head drain is beside the oil pressure sender
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4age Coolant Ratio Sat, 26 March 2005 01:34 Go to previous message
Just mix it as is on the bottle. Make sure you get all the green generic stuff out if you are going to toyota red. I have heard of nasty results when the two are mixed. (note could be urban legend) Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 7M-GTE cooling/idling problems
Next Topic:ADR Approval - Bucket Seat
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 03:10:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091168880462646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.