Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Thu, 24 March 2005 03:04 Go to next message
Just a quick question, I have done a search on this for ideas on how and where to mount a remote booster as the booster and master is in the way when fitting the 2tg with Delorto's and trumpets, especially when fitting an efi system which I have as another option. I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, or someone has had to do this. I know I can leave the booster and master alone and make a plenum box to suit the delorto's to enable the confinements of space, but I'd rather look into moving the booster. So... How do I do this?
Any info would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Ciaran......
  Send a private message to this user    
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Thu, 24 March 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biiiump...
Sorry, but need to know Confused
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Fri, 25 March 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE30 booster and master will fit in the original position and will clear the carbs. The booster is smaller than KE55 though.

Brad
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Fri, 25 March 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a read of this.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=39156&prevloaded=1&rid=5379&S=40cc9f ebbf5afbd93955cf47d7021c88&rev=&reveal=&am p;am p;start=120&count=60
Scroll down the page. This topic was discussed here.
Have a look at the pics of muaythaiman's engine bay.
Have a read of the whole page as the responses about the brake booster are spread out.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Brad

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2005 00:44]

cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Fri, 25 March 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Brad...
Your a champ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Reading through that has widened my options, don't know why it never came up on the search though. Sometimes that search option isn't the best at times. I was going to include a pic of my engine bay as it stands now, but I can't seem to find an option on inserting a pic????
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Sat, 26 March 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I was to go down the route of remote booster, because of it all still being so close, how do I do that, and what parts are needed from what cars.
Cheers
Ciaran
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Sun, 27 March 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I am definately going to go down the route of remote booster. Has anyone done this on the ke55 or ke30?
Need help on this please. Thanks......
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Mon, 28 March 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump.... sorry Sad
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Tue, 29 March 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send oldcorollas a pm and see wat he has to say on the matter.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Tue, 29 March 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate i am putting one in my ke25 with a 4age.
Part Number is - PBR VH44
Type that in to google and i think one of the sites shows you what to do.
I THINK.... I am still working out how to do it but this is what my brother said to look at.
Hope it helps
Michael
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Tue, 29 March 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PBR VH44---- isn't that a remote booster for a clutch?
If this can be used, then can the ke55 master cylinder
attach to thi as the holes are in a diagonal position.??
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Tue, 29 March 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah use a VH44 on your rolla I use one on my MS53. I also use the larger VH40 on my other MS53 with huge calipers.

You don't bolt the M/C to the booster. You mount the booster where eva you want in the car you just have to run a vacum line to it as well as the brake lines.

Only problem is you will only be boosting the fronts.

I can said you pics of my car and can give plenty of advice.

Vh40's are on plenty of cars just go and find one at a wrecker. Get it re-built. Just remeber when u re do the lines the booster is imperial and the rest of your car is metric. You have to take special care making sure the correct fittings end up at the right end's of the lines.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Tue, 29 March 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be very appreciative for photo's and advice onwhere to mount the remote booster. I would presume I would put the booster in the position of the battery and have to put the battery in the boot, this was already on the cards as I will be putting my entry in for the Classic Adelaide next year October.
The Entries were all due the end of this month and cars to be complianced for the October line up.
Can I use the Master cylinder that I already have for the ke55 and use a remote booster.... This is driving me nuts.
How do I post up a pic of the engine bay so I can show you how far I have got?
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Tue, 29 March 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be very appreciative for photo's and advice onwhere to mount the remote booster. I would presume I would put the booster in the position of the battery and have to put the battery in the boot, this was already on the cards as I will be putting my entry in for the Classic Adelaide next year October.
The Entries were all due the end of this month and cars to be complianced for the October line up.
Can I use the Master cylinder that I already have for the ke55 and use a remote booster.... This is driving me nuts.
How do I post up a pic of the engine bay so I can show you how far I have got?
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Remote booster for ke55 with 2tg Wed, 30 March 2005 13:32 Go to previous message
You could just email me the pic. I can do the same for u.

In my wagon the booster is buried in the r/h front inner guard. One car the factory M/C is retained the other runs a HQ M/C and VH40 to pump the volume of fluid requied for the bigger after market callipars.

I would suspect that u could retain the facotry M/C with the Vh44 and it would make a nice package
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rims to fit ln106/pug/xt130 upgrade
Next Topic:Hilux diff - corolla?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:48:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048110485076904 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.