Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nxxa
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Newbie Wanting To Buy - Sun, 20 March 2005 05:03 Go to next message
Hey guys im wanting to buy a car, I have 3k Definate and waiting a little longer to get 2k more so i have around 4-5k to spend.

Im not to much of a car expert, All i know is that i dont want a front wheel drive car, im not to fussy about any mods or anything but a nice pair of rims or something would be nice, doesnt need to have any stereo system at all because i will just rip it out weather its good or not because one of the things i like to do is install my own car stereo systems.

i was told that i could pick up a sprinter, s13, old supra's, old rx7's for around my budget, but all of those that i have seen are all done up with tonnes of nice stuff so they are over 10K.

if anyone is in western australia and has something decent OR even fully STOCK of the cars listed above for around my budget please PM me or let me know, Pics of interior and outside body would be nice to as i dont want something to ugly and i dont know what all the cars look like.

thanks alot guys.
  Send a private message to this user    
Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Sun, 20 March 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think ur goin to get a s13 or a old rx7 or old supra for $4000 unless they have no motor or are badly damaged.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Sun, 20 March 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed
nxxa
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Sun, 20 March 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm i though a stock q series s13 would be easy as ive seen nice k series ones with mods go for 8k.

anyone have anything for my budget?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Sun, 20 March 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na stock s13s are 6-9 so i think 4000 is not going to happen. factor in $1000 for things that WILL need fixing and rego insur etc
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Sun, 20 March 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously, for that price, you won't don't have much of a choice.

1. Silvias will be out of your range. (S13s). An S12 will be in your price range however (gazelle).
2. Stock sprinters will be available comfortably. But if you want a 4age you'll be pushign it. Most 4age sprinters I've seen under 5k will need work to get it to a RWorthy Level. Then you need reg, etc.
3. RX7s. You can forget about getting an FC3S (series 4/5) with this money. Maybe a Series1-2 one, but then again, they are pretty sought after these days and go for the same price as a series 4.
4. Supras, nah not really either. The MA61s are still fairly expensive.

My advice is, save up a few more k. Once you have about 8k, a window of cars will open up. 10k will get you something fairly nice.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Mon, 21 March 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude you have to factor in at least another 2 grand leeway when buying a car. So for 6 grand you buy a 4K car etc
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Mon, 21 March 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CA18DE S13 Silvias can go for around 5K.
Supras... yeah thats a bit light on for a Supra.

I'd be looking at a AE82 Twincam for that much. But then, they are FWD. 2 Bad we didn't get Jap spec spinters here... and 2 bad inital D has made even the aus spec ones so expensive. 'cuz otherwise that'd be prettymuch perfect. LOL.
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Mon, 21 March 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres some nice TA22's and RA23's around for under 5k,(just look at the threads on this page) 6 will get you into a bloody nice old celica. mabe even an RA28? name any RWD corolla and it'll be under 5k.
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Mon, 21 March 2005 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remembering we live in w.a where its the land of no rwc needed Laughing

you can probably get a decent nick sprinter for about 3k. then you'll needa chuck in that 4age and weld the diff up. just get the car first and whack in the 4age when ya got a bit more cash money up your sleeve.
nxxa
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Tue, 22 March 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok well i really want to get my hands on an s13 so you think if i save around 6-7k i can get a decent one ?

i seen an s13 go for 4.8K but he lived in sydney so i couldent get it Sad

oh yeah one of my friends is selling his 3rd gen prelude soon and said he could give it to me for around 3 to 3.5k, anyone know what these 3rd gens go for?

i like the look of the 3rd gens better then all the newer preludes as well Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2005 03:48]

Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Tue, 22 March 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for 6-7k i think it will be auto, a manual in that price range is rare (talking bout s13)

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2005 03:52]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Tue, 22 March 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aroun 10k for si
nxxa
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Tue, 22 March 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats an si?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Tue, 22 March 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Si I think is the budget model. (no vetec).

still fairly cheap.

seriously, buy yourself one of these and save yourself the hassles of an old car.

wait a minute, I was thinking of the gen 4.

woops,

gen 3 normally go for about 7k.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2005 04:22]

nxxa
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Tue, 22 March 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what the hell..

your not talking about the 4ws 89 model are you? i dont think they go for 7k that is a little high priced....
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Thu, 24 March 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont get 4 wheel steer!!!!!!!!!

its really difficult to get parts for when it breaks.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Thu, 24 March 2005 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nxxa wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 15:28

what the hell..

your not talking about the 4ws 89 model are you? i dont think they go for 7k that is a little high priced....

They WERE going for around 3k but now the prices have gone up but I don't think 7k.. I could be wrong though.

In Brisbane I've seen s13's go for as low as 5.5k. Generally though, my mate tells me they're about 8k for a manual sr20 silvia.
In Sydney you'll be hard pressed finding one for under 10.
pyro_AE86
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Fri, 25 March 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea s13's are pretty cheap here

theres a few series 4's in QLD that are about 4.5k

some series before this are even cheapre. like 3k.

not sure about Perth but if you are interested search the trading post and see if the guys are willing to ship it.

hope that helps
nxxa
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Fri, 25 March 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dont mind if its sr20 or ca18, i just need it manual.

i dont wanna ship from another state because it could get here and be a total reck, so it needs to be in perth.
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Fri, 25 March 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the CA18. Apparently, it has a greater potential for big power?
nxxa
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Fri, 25 March 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad

i found an s13 in perth just on my budget but its auto Sad

damn damn damn damn
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Fri, 25 March 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most s13's you find for a low price will be auto, as the car was originally marketed as a luxury car. So, everyone bought the 'luxurious' auto option. Pity...
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Newbie Wanting To Buy - Sun, 03 April 2005 09:57 Go to previous message
DUde ur just like me when i first started. What kindda job you got? is it decent pay? if so, just wait say 1/2 a year and get yourself a decent car

I started with 4K, then went and got a 7K loan, i bought a car that was 6K, and to get it running, i had to fork out another 2-3K

So as someone said before... if yoiu want to buy a 4K car... make sure you save at least 6K... else the car will be sitting at home, and you cant afford Insurance + Rego + RWC if needed be. Insurance will be ur main killer for an S13...

"PST, you can prolly get your hands on a nice ST162 Celica SX "popup headlight" for about 4K" Take a look at carsales.com.au

If treated correctly, and if you maintain them well, it can outrun a Silvia S13 Q quite easily providing its CA18DE.... but if its the SR20DE, then you'll prolly keep up to it regardless Smile i know cause i had one and it was good, i did however ended beating the SR20DEs. Smile

Goodluck mate,
Chopin
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F/S: red ae92 4agze Gti hatch. $7500, mods, *pics*
Next Topic:UPDATED !!! Ae86 Sprinter FS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 05:06:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086808204650879 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.