Toymods » Members Rides » Steves AE86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Machiavelli
Regular

September 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 13 March 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was at oran aswell.
towards the end of the nite you got heaps better.
keep up the good work man.
and on the note of ur dash, that is absolutly beautifull.
i might have to hit you up to make one for my sprinter:)

Nikos.
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 13 March 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work steve

too bad i wasn't there to witness it all...will be there next time though.

I heard about the 10 cars or so out on the track, bloody hell! i'm always watiing in line only to come off 2 laps into the drift with something going wrong anways Confused

yeah mate, 8kg on the front, 6kg rear, do it naaow!! you got any sway bars?

screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 13 March 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
machiavelli; thanks mate, i felt more confident later on in the night, hence the gradual improvement. let me know any time if you want a dash.

slaver; my front bar stayed on with only three cable ties left at the end of the night. no i dont have aftermarket swaybars, but now i want some. can any one help?

lucky the buckets held me in place, looks like i could have fallen out the passenger window!!

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2005 05:02]

screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 13 March 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know why or how, but now my car has a serious wheel alignment prob. to drive staight my s.wheel points about 30 degrees to the right and it shakes (thats prob a balance problem).

my rear left axle seal leaks worse now, and i think the diff has no oil left in it.

but its all good cause the motor is still perfect,
everything else can be fixed on the cheap!
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 13 March 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screech wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 13:39

I dont know why or how, but now my car has a serious wheel alignment prob. to drive staight my s.wheel points about 30 degrees to the right and it shakes (thats prob a balance problem).

my rear left axle seal leaks worse now, and i think the diff has no oil left in it.

but its all good cause the motor is still perfect,
everything else can be fixed on the cheap!

Thats what happened to me, after going to barbagello in WA, my left rear seal was leaking, but its ok.. previous owner had bashed it into a kerb, and flange is warped.
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 13 March 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how did you fix the leak problem? i plan to use gasket sealant on the flange then push a new seal in. actually i should do the bearings while im at it. they might be gone causing the seal not to seal properly.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 13 March 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's pretty common on the S series, my left side keeps doing seals too.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 13 March 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replaced seal, still leaks. really just get a new rear diff (t-18). We did notice when we were taking out the old seal that whoever fixed it the last time put some silicon, ad that might have just worn out abit Smile
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 22 March 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ppl, its been a little while since i played with my car, so i figured i'd do somethin different.

i just installed a security cam under my left mirror, a VCR behind the seat and a removable LCD screen to record and re-watch diving footage that i can now record.

tested it out just now works great, cant wait to try it on the drift track on the 24th. Smile

ill get pics for you guys soon
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 22 March 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha u finally got it goin!! haha, ah well at least it goes straight to VHS. Should look good. Have u got used to my steering wheel yet??
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 22 March 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screech wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 20:14

hey ppl, its been a little while since i played with my car, so i figured i'd do somethin different.

i just installed a security cam under my left mirror, a VCR behind the seat and a removable LCD screen to record and re-watch diving footage that i can now record.

tested it out just now works great, cant wait to try it on the drift track on the 24th. Smile

ill get pics for you guys soon

buy a Video Camera already.. this is the 21st millenium, not the 1980's.
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 22 March 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its all goin sound and all.

as for your wheel, um i would expect it back anytime soon, it feels so much better than mine! especially with that spacer.

Im gonna have to get one bro!
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 22 March 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet Laughing , anyways im headin off! chat with ya later bro!! Wink
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 22 March 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and hoping to get more spectating footage too, them pricks havent fixed my video camera yet!! Also Im gettn Chads tape on thursday hopefully.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Wed, 23 March 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome work screechy

i'll be there tomorrow night so you got more support pit crew!

have you played around with the suspension?
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Wed, 23 March 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screech - people can comment all they want, but there's no need to change your car to suit others.

I think it looks wiked by the way! Smile
Definately one of the more unique Sprinters on the forums.

ps. that 4AGTTE should be interesting! Very Happy

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 24 March 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your cars very nice for a home job.... i like too.. am a very home job person.

I'm sure it'll get even better.
Kepp us updated.
Goddluck!
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 24 March 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its 25th march 1:30 am comin home from twilight night. 4 blown tyres in the back, bald tyres on the rear, locker squealin off its head, steering pullin me off the the left again, drivin from oran to nightdevils place to drop him off and im about 3 mins from my driveway.

I GOT FUCKING PULLED OVER AND DEFECTED!!! Mad Mad Mad

i used every excuse i could think of to get out of this and had the cop puzzled,

SO THE FUCKER CALLED HIS HIGHWAY BOYS!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad

while highway were very impressed that i was on track instead of the street, they only got me for bald rear tyres and $78 fine

NOT GOOD WHEN ITS LESS THAN A WEEK FOR REGO.

this blows, seriously stupid cops didnt even know what drifting was!! I HAD TO EXPLAIN DRIFT TO A COP.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 24 March 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screech wrote on Fri, 25 March 2005 02:14

its 25th march 1:30 am comin home from twilight night. 4 blown tyres in the back, bald tyres on the rear, locker squealin off its head, steering pullin me off the the left again, drivin from oran to nightdevils place to drop him off and im about 3 mins from my driveway.

I GOT FUCKING PULLED OVER AND DEFECTED!!! Mad Mad Mad

i used every excuse i could think of to get out of this and had the cop puzzled,

SO THE FUCKER CALLED HIS HIGHWAY BOYS!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad

while highway were very impressed that i was on track instead of the street, they only got me for bald rear tyres and $78 fine

NOT GOOD WHEN ITS LESS THAN A WEEK FOR REGO.

this blows, seriously stupid cops didnt even know what drifting was!! I HAD TO EXPLAIN DRIFT TO A COP.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Explaining drift to a cop haha that woulda been interesting. But You only got fined for the rear tyres thats pretty cool man.. if you think about it they could have raped you if they went over your car...

About the leaky axle flange. Just use gasket goo.. sand the flange down so that theres no reminence of the old dodge gasket and then just goo all around it including circles around bolt holes and your set.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 25 March 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only bald tyres man fuck you are lucky. I wouldnt even be pissed off, think of us others that have 10+ defects... Rolling Eyes
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 25 March 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wont lie to you guys the only reason they didnt drill me is because they couldnt, my car is engineered for everything except too low, leaking exhaust, and bald tyres.

they kept me there for half an hour, looking at everything.

im upset cause its more money that i cant afford at the moment.
brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

icon14.gif  Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 25 March 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it!!!!!!That dash is fukin awesome!!! thats awesome for a home job ...also i was confused by the bay,,lol,,is that a dry sump setup or just a massive breather tank?hehe Also gotta love that ingrille foglight setup...very nice/clean...panda colour scheme puts the icing on the cake. Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2005 08:25]

brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 25 March 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah..thought i might bring this up know, when you get a car certified by an engineer, does anyone know what sort of engineer it is, automotive?, mechanical?

I'm just interested cause im set to do angineering at Uni, i was thinking mechanical cause i figured id work on cars a fair bit given i got the right job (eg.working for toyota or such instead of designing air conditioners) and id probly be able to certify my own mods. (maybe) and others.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2005 08:32]

screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 25 March 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi brodie, if you want to be an engineer, i hope your prepared to put in 6 or 7 years of uni. pre-requisite is too many functioning brain cells for me, thats why im only an auto sparky

from memory, you'd want to do automotive engineering, mechanical has very little to do with cars - i think Confused read up on it im only 30% sure.

glad you like my toy mate, it copped a beating at the drift track on thurs nite, but a new front bar will soon become another of my 'screech autoworks' home projects. Smile
brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 26 March 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah...i'm doing maths c, maths b, physics, japanese, economics and english already at ippie high so i have the prerequisites and yeah, the course is four years full time. so i guess, yeah im a geek Rolling Eyes , but a geek who likes ae86s!! Evil or Very Mad hehehe
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 26 March 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brodie

if you can sustain that kinda workload man youre a shoe in!

and the japanese will help greatly

hahaha
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 31 March 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is a pic Lucid shot of me angle styles at Oran on 24/3
look carefully, i may need a new front bar!

http://www.photodump.com/direct/screech/Driftin2.jpg
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 03 April 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/03-24-05_1828380.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/03-24-05_1828490.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/03-24-05_1832310.jpg
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 09 April 2005 10:43 Go to previous message
they said Pirellis were good, and i cant deny that now.

they held the road so well Wink they couldn't hold onto the rim

Hmmmm the irony of it all Very Happy
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Jeff's RA28 and TA23 projects
Next Topic:my 73` 4age ke25
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 23:24:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013144016265869 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.