Toymods » Tech & Conversions » lowering RA23 and camber tops for struts

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rumble
Occasional Poster

March 2005
lowering RA23 and camber tops for struts Wed, 23 March 2005 22:58 Go to next message
i have a RA23 celica.

i'd like to know how and what other people do or use when lowering these celicas, in regards to suspension mods.

i want to lower the celica as much as possible, but still have a fair bit of adjustment, as this will not be rego'd for road, but for track use only.

also, what struts are people using, i'm not sure, but when i plan to lower the celica, i think the struts will top out, as they may not be short enough.

i'm also after some adjustable camber tops for the struts. where can i find these, are they easy to come by?

thanks for any help.
Steve
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: lowering RA23 and camber tops for struts Thu, 24 March 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve,
Welcome to this forum.
Read the sticky on the Search function and then plug your questions into the Search machine. You will find a heap of information readily available.
Rumble
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: lowering RA23 and camber tops for struts Fri, 25 March 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a good search, and google is better than the forum search.

there are a lot of people who have shortened their struts for shorter stroke? how is this done? and what does it require? what model do the struts come from? there are a lot of mentions with 130 and 135 struts. are there any measurements of before and after height/stroke?

it seems more people do it for the AE86's, rather than celicas. is it the same?

if the strut is shortened, wont this affect the height of the overall diameter of the wheels and tyres used on the front?

i will be adressing camber adjustment through camber tops, so there is no need for sigma arms etc. what about castor, should i keep the factory castor setting, or is there a better measurement?

this is a project, and may be rego'd one day, but until then, it will be build for circuit sprints on club days. and we all know what its like to work on a tight budget.

thanks
Steve
Rumble
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: lowering RA23 and camber tops for struts Fri, 25 March 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was told to use a decompression plate to lower compression. what is this?

M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: lowering RA23 and camber tops for struts Sat, 26 March 2005 04:13 Go to previous message
Rumble wrote on Fri, 25 March 2005 21:31

i was told to use a decompression plate to lower compression. what is this?

Erm, thats an engine thing... not suspension Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18r Intermitent Backfire
Next Topic:ST162 pinging badly
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 17:13:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050051212310791 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.