Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
icon4.gif  HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Thu, 24 March 2005 06:18 Go to next message
WTF!

what the hell am i meant to do now to get the handbrake working considering it is now a long weekend!

I need ideas!
  Send a private message to this user    
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Thu, 24 March 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which bit broke, the plastic end or the thread?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Thu, 24 March 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the plastic end cap surrounding the thread
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Thu, 24 March 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hold it in gear and keep a brick handy Wink
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Thu, 24 March 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 17:23

hold it in gear and keep a brick handy Wink

that is how it sitting currently, but i want a damn fix for hill starts!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Thu, 24 March 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur just gonna have to enter the dark sude buddy...ie. DRIFT button Twisted Evil

just get one of those release button things from the backseats and thread it on

30 second job man

i did it to mine and after some abuse on track, it exploded as well Evil or Very Mad so now i've machined up a door knob and done the same thing, but it's still being finished up

lol this happened to me the other night, i parked on my downhill driveway, and was fiddling around with the button and all of a sudden it snapped, and i had no keys, and the car would slip when i put it into gear Confused

so the Mcguiver came out and i got the old trusty club lock out and jammed it in between while i machined up the door knobby Surprised
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Thu, 24 March 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know about ma61's, but if i unscrew the plastic thing in the cressida, the handbrake still works. It just disables the ratchet system....so if ya need to do a hill start you still can lol

Cheers
Wilbo
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Thu, 24 March 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a drift button for sale if you want it, I dont need it any more and ive never used it
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Fri, 25 March 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superglue is your friend. Or electrical tape. Both worked equally well for me in the past. Glue the sucker back together (or electrical tape around it) and shove it back in. Should be enough for u to limp for a few days till u find a wrecked ra60/65 and use their button.
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Fri, 25 March 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't park on hills for the weekend Cool

Why did no one think of that? Twisted Evil
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: HELP!!! button for the handbrake release just exploded Fri, 25 March 2005 23:27 Go to previous message
If the button broke then that means that it shouldn't stay up. When means the handbrake works but has to be held up. Not to bad, grab a coke bottle and wedge it under. Smile

Have you tryed gafa tape?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ADR Approval - Bucket Seat
Next Topic:2zzge engine specs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 05:34:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052380561828613 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.