Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MADMR2
Occasional Poster

November 2002
RA28 alternators Sun, 01 December 2002 04:14 Go to next message
Hi I was wondering if its difficult to change an alternator out of a RA28? My G/F has a RA28 and the alternator is on its way out so it needs replacing. Is it true there are a few different types of alternators for the RA28 stock 18RC engine.

Are there any write ups or step by step instructions on how to do this?

Thanks

- Dustin
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 alternators Sun, 01 December 2002 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Changing the alternator is piss easy, all you need is a few spanners and some common sense. Buy a workshop manual if you're not confident, it will have all the steps laid out for you. As for different types of alternators, some have an internal voltage regulator and some have an external voltage regulator. If you're not sure which you have, take it to an auto electrician.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: RA28 alternators Mon, 02 December 2002 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check that the altinator is faulty, not another component, if you olny tested the charge then it may not be charging correctly cause the belt is slipping the wiring to the altinator is damaged or the regulator is broken, just in case you did not check these other options. Appart from the above, if it is the altinator that is faulty, then i should not take you any longer that half and hour to change. its easier that PISSING ON A POST BOX.
JUZZO
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 alternators Mon, 02 December 2002 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
though I got another 18r alt and it wasnt the same.. well it was but I had to take a adaptor/spacer off my old one to make it go back on the bracket.. but ofcourse the bolt wouldnt undo, so out came the grinder Smiley =
MADMR2
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: RA28 alternators Mon, 02 December 2002 11:46 Go to previous message
Thanks guys! I've replaced it with a reco unit and its working all good now!

I hope thats the end of the problems with my G/Fs car, so I can get back to my MR2 Turbo, she's not getting enough attention Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Couple of Soarer questions
Next Topic:feral4mr2 and ur manifold
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:46:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034630298614502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.