Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Targa Tas Tech Regs Suspension Q's.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Targa Tas Tech Regs Suspension Q's. Sat, 26 March 2005 01:29 Go to next message
Hi all.
I'm reading some Group N regs from Targa Tas and need help in interpreting some of the statements and how they could apply to a ST185 for example.

The first regulation is:
"The spring seats may be adjustable if the adjustable structural part is a part of the spring seat and is separated from the original suspension parts/bodywork (it may be removed).

Q1. Does this allow the fitment of (say K-mac?) adjustable camber tops ?

The second reg is:
"A silent block may be replaced by a 'uniball' joint, but only on the condition that the shock absorber has no guiding function (for example, as in a MacPerson strut).

Q2. Does this allow the fitment of roll centre adjusters and an anti-lift kit (like the one in the Whiteline cattle-dog) ?

Any and all help much appreciated, thanks.

Mitch.
  Send a private message to this user    
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Targa Tas Tech Regs Suspension Q's. Sat, 26 March 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ill have a stab at the first one at least, I dont know that itll be correct but here goes..

Quote:

"The spring seats may be adjustable if the adjustable structural part is a part of the spring seat and is separated from the original suspension parts/bodywork (it may be removed).

I would say that its stating that you can run a coil over IF it is attached to the original seating point, i.e the same as what IP class does and similar to how my rear suspension set up is , with the sleve welded to the original spring seat but still allowing adjustment.

Im not sure if that also allows front coil fitment but im guessing that if you are able to fit the sleeve and maintain the original perch then it could be concluded to meet the requirements.

As far as a camber adjuster goes i dont think that reg. would mean that you can run them, the case bieng that a camber adjuster is NOT a spring seating point.

Quote:

"A silent block may be replaced by a 'uniball' joint, but only on the condition that the shock absorber has no guiding function (for example, as in a MacPerson strut).

hmm this one is not so clear to me, but id say you are correct in assuming this is referring to RCA's
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Targa Tas Tech Regs Suspension Q's. Sat, 26 March 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Michael, that has helped me a lot. I am guessing that with the second one silent/uniball it means that you can rose joint the suspension, but I am not 100% on this....
Cheers,
Mitch.
toyotarola
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Targa Tas Tech Regs Suspension Q's. Sat, 26 March 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah good Info i was thinking the same thing.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Targa Tas Tech Regs Suspension Q's. Sun, 27 March 2005 23:39 Go to previous message
Yeah, thanks. I will bump this back up now and I hope I can get some more feedback.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong.....
Next Topic:3tg info
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 11:49:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040850639343262 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.