Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
4age/ze head and inlet port sizes Sun, 27 March 2005 08:44 Go to next message
basically what I am looking at finding what is the difference if I had a 4age bigport head and I put a 4agze smallport inlet manifold on it. Would this create any problems?

actually I would also like to know did bigport 4agze's have tvis, because I am looking at a 4agze, it has no tvis, it is an AFM, and has coil packs, But I don't know what car its from. Would this be a smallport or bigport. (because I was under the impression all AFMs were bigport)

(if it is small port Answering the first part is crucial)

Send a private message to this user    
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age/ze head and inlet port sizes Mon, 28 March 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate

No, you cannot fit a smallport manifold to a bigport head. Whilst the studs line up, the ports are a complete mis-match.

As far as I have seen, all AFM GZE's have bigport heads, and no TVIS.

Cheers
Phil
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 4age/ze head and inlet port sizes Mon, 28 March 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks mate, I have since found it is a big port so no probs there, also that it is out of an early 90 model AE92. hence the coil packs so I may/maynot have problems with the ignition. the ecu is set for the coils but my tacho is not.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age/ze head and inlet port sizes Mon, 28 March 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Early 90? Should be small port high compression... strange

An adapter can be made quite simply & cheaply for your tacho.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 4age/ze head and inlet port sizes Tue, 29 March 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no apparently in japan the first AE92's came with bigport until they changed mid year.

I may have to talk to you a bit later or get some help with the tacho adapter.

Thanks Phil
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age/ze head and inlet port sizes Tue, 29 March 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm... mine is 1989 and smallport.....
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 4age/ze head and inlet port sizes Tue, 29 March 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was yours map or afm originally? also did yours have the smaller puller on the charger or the larger.

cause this one is AFM and has the larger supercharger pulley, I am pretty sure its bigport, I'll know for sure when we pull the manifold off.

Although Phil, did the bigport and smallport heads have differant size exhaust ports, cause the exhaust manifold is already off?

I got the info here http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/4A-G ZE_specs.htm its the first column
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age/ze head and inlet port sizes Tue, 29 March 2005 11:08 Go to previous message
Mine was MAP, with the smaller supercharger pulley.

Exhaust ports are the same on all 16V heads

Yours should definately be bigport, AFM, large supercharger pulley, but I doubt that its 1990 or later..... I think you'll find that the changeover occurred mid 1989.

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3t problem
Next Topic:Boost Controller Hose?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:05:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073201656341553 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.