Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
moussa
Regular

March 2005
3t problem Sun, 27 March 2005 05:01 Go to next message
some one was telling me i could use the crank and the rods from a 3tc and fit 3tgte turbo pistions on and place them into my 2tgue block with the 2tgue head because the 2tgue rods are shorter and the piston does not reach the head and i could get the 3t stuf heat protected for turbo does that make any sence to any one is there any problems with that?
  Send a private message to this user    
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 3t problem Sun, 27 March 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

Um the rods aren't shorter all 2T and 3T rods are the same length if you use the 3T crank and 3T-GT pistons it should all fit as the increased throw of the 3T crank is accommodated by a relocated gudgeon pin in 3T pistons if you use 2T pistons with 3T crank youll go beyond deck height at TDC you can use whatever rods you like

Let me know if you want me to go back and punctuate that for comprehendability.
moussa
Regular

March 2005
Re: 3t problem Sun, 27 March 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks i got some more info from the search at the top and also www.geocities.com/jonnyr_19732tg-tune.html so thanks again if i have any more problems i know i will call on this forum again
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3t problem Mon, 28 March 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want to do a 2t/3t hybrid, you need releifs cut into the pistons so that they clear the valves, unless of course, you want to fuck it up royally.

Eldar.O.
moussa
Regular

March 2005
Re: 3t problem Mon, 28 March 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ve got a set of 3tgte pistons half a mill over size do i still need to fly cut them?
my head is the later one please help?

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2005 08:36]

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3t problem Mon, 28 March 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moussa wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 18:30

i ve got a set of 3tgte pistons half a mill over size do i still need to fly cut them?
my head is the later one please help?

please don't ask the same question in different areas, or we will be chasing all over the shop trying to communicate the same information Smile see the answer that I left on your new thread.

Now you say later model head, which number is stamped on the front of the head (to the right hand side of the cover plate)?

Oh and remember valve reliefs are directly related to a) the size of the cams (and their timing) and b) the size of the valves.
moussa
Regular

March 2005
Re: 3t problem Mon, 28 March 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry mate,
ill have to check those numbers tomorrow an get back to you
moussa
Regular

March 2005
Re: 3t problem Tue, 29 March 2005 11:10 Go to previous message
the head are numbers 1111-88620 thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:-
Next Topic:4age/ze head and inlet port sizes