Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Buyin a car...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Buyin a car... Sun, 27 March 2005 11:00 Go to next message
Hey guys, i'm new here in Melbourne and i'm planning to purchase a car. I need to know some procedures and also will i be eligible to insure a Soarer Z2 if i'm 22 years old. Thanks!
  Send a private message to this user    
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Buyin a car... Sun, 27 March 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you'll be able to insure it, itll just be a fuckin fortune! Shocked

j/k, haha

anyway, good luck Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Buyin a car... Sun, 27 March 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 21:39

j/k, haha

What's with the j/k? It will be a fortune for comprehensive. Sad
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Buyin a car... Sun, 27 March 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 23:04

j/k, haha

yeah, ok, i meant i didnt mean to put shit on him, or like discourage him from the car Smile

but yeah, it will cost a fortune for comp. a smaller fortune for 3rd party Razz
G-Phresh
Regular

March 2005
Re: Buyin a car... Sun, 27 March 2005 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for me its (21 yr/o) its gonna cost me about 4g's for comprehesive on pretty much any car that aint a turbo

so its gonna cost you an arm and a leg Sad

-Gaz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Buyin a car... Mon, 28 March 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 07:57

j/k, haha

yeah, ok, i meant i didnt mean to put shit on him, or like discourage him from the car Smile

thats cool Smile

They quoted me $2600 at just cars for comprehensive for my GZ20 soarer. Ouch!

Too much! lol
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Buyin a car... Mon, 28 March 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 10:47

skellator wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 07:57

j/k, haha

thats cool Smile

They quoted me $2600 at just cars for comprehensive for my GZ20 soarer. Ouch!

Too much! lol

shit! ive got 3rd party and i thought $440 with aami was a lot! Rolling Eyes
that's with a ae82 4age seca
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Buyin a car... Mon, 28 March 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just Cars quoted you $2600, and how old are you?? Where can i find Just Cars?? How does this whole thing work? Should i be applying for Insurance first then purchase the car or what? Anyone has a step by step??
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Buyin a car... Wed, 30 March 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No step by steps??
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Buyin a car... Wed, 30 March 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just some extra info:

I was quoted $1,800 for comprehensive (only about $60 less for 3rd party) insurance on 1987 AE82 Hatch CS (Single cam). Tt had to be insured for $3,300, I wanted to insure it for $2,000 but it wasn't possible because of the low km's. That was for me as primary driver (19 in August, no accident history and a bit over a year's driving experience).

When I went under secondary driver and put the car under my dad's name it went to $,1078 for the both of us comprehensive. As secondary driver you can drive the car whenever you want, you're not limited to like once a month or whatever it is. This is $1,078 for the both of us comprehensive with NRMA.

Maybe you could try putting the car under one of your parents' names or an older brother or something with more experience. Just give them a call and see how it goes.

Good luck Smile
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Buyin a car... Wed, 30 March 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need to know of how the procedure is like, buyin a car. Like am i supposed to get insurance before getting the car or what? I'm from Malaysia, and have just moved to Melbourne.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Buyin a car... Wed, 30 March 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kikaider wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 18:23

Just Cars quoted you $2600, and how old are you?? Where can i find Just Cars?? How does this whole thing work? Should i be applying for Insurance first then purchase the car or what? Anyone has a step by step??

I'm 19.

and that's for a twin turbo soarer

I don'tcare how good value it is, its still wayyyyyy too much money.

http://www.justcarinsurance.com.au/
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Buyin a car... Wed, 30 March 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 23:19

I'm 19.

so how much do you pay?.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Buyin a car... Wed, 30 March 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kikaider wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 22:51

I need to know of how the procedure is like, buyin a car. Like am i supposed to get insurance before getting the car or what? I'm from Malaysia, and have just moved to Melbourne.

No, but its wise to call up an insurance company for a quote before you buy the car. If the price is no good, ring another company. Keep ringing around till you find something semi-decent. Then you can buy your car, ring them back, and insure it.

In regards to buying a car, its pretty much just handing over the money and getting ownership transfered over.

BTW, welcome to toymods and melbourne eh? Couple of us Malaysians around on Toymods in Melbourne Surprised
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Buyin a car... Wed, 30 March 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 23:45

Merudo wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 23:19

I'm 19.

so how much do you pay?.

close to what skellator is paying. I've just got third party on my car.

damn low income... *grumbles*

fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Buyin a car... Thu, 31 March 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 22:17

Just some extra info:

I was quoted $1,800 for comprehensive (only about $60 less for 3rd party) insurance on 1987 AE82 Hatch CS (Single cam). Tt had to be insured for $3,300, I wanted to insure it for $2,000 but it wasn't possible because of the low km's. That was for me as primary driver (19 in August, no accident history and a bit over a year's driving experience).

God Damn! Shocked That insurance is a rort! I pay $1600 per year for full comprehensive on my TT Soarer (JZZ30) for an agreed value of $20000. Car is totally stock. I'm 23, never been insured by anyone for anything before.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Buyin a car... Thu, 31 March 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fingers wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 14:04

thu187 wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 22:17

Just some extra info:

God Damn! Shocked That insurance is a rort! I pay $1600 per year for full comprehensive on my TT Soarer (JZZ30) for an agreed value of $20000. Car is totally stock. I'm 23, never been insured by anyone for anything before.

yeah, thats a hell of a lot for a single cam corolla! Shocked
im payin $440 for a TWIN cam ae82 seca, with me (17) as primary driver, and rego'd in my name as well! Cool
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Buyin a car... Thu, 31 March 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got a list of Insurance companies i can look up on?? I'm pretty sure i wanna get a Soarer Z21, but just worried bout the cost of the insurance. If its 1k+ then i guess its ok. This is the first time i'm buying my own car, so i'm pretty blur about all these legalities.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Buyin a car... Thu, 31 March 2005 13:57 Go to previous message
If you're willing to get 3rd party, fire and theft, the insurance will definitely be under $1k. Comprehensive, that I've got no clue. I'm still on 3rd party as I can't afford to insure it on comprehensive (they wanted like $3k or something stupid like that).

Some insurance companies straight off my head are:

AAMI
RACV
Just Cars
Shannons..
I think you can get car insurance from Commonwealth Bank too now.

Yian
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:"Just popping home to take my springs out"
Next Topic:different 7m's and different 1jz's for ma61
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 12:12:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056941509246826 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.