Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 09:33 Go to next message
Hey all just realised that it is the start of Stargate: Atlantis thats on at 8:30 tonight, I thought when I heard something advertised the other day that it was just a documentary on the lost city of Atlantis lol. So yeh just a reminder for anyone that hasn't seen the start of the series haha. Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought it was that kids movie atlantis ?
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah Ive herd that it's not as good as the original it doesn't have the depth which sg-1 had. well we will found out shortly won't we Very Happy.

i hope its just as good Confused
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seen it, and its pretty good, can't wait for the second series.
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 19:39

i thought it was that kids movie atlantis ?

nah I think that was on last night, saw my mates sister watching it. Smile
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhh ok.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wo0o0o0o 10 mins ive seen bits of it so far it looks pretty damn good
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who votes Dicko should get knocked the fuck out?! Very Happy

look at this My Restaurant Rules shit, its crap but hey lets let it run 10mins over and piss everybody off hey? haha man i hate that guy. Twisted Evil
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atlantis is really good, easily better than the recent season eight of SG-1. It takes a few episodes to get sorted out, but the two parter in the middle of the season gets really really good, and towards the end of the season it gets better and better! Cannot wait for Season 2!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Why cant I make friends with people like that"

"You need to get out more"

"Im on another planet on the other side of the universe, how much more out do i need to go?!"

Laughing

well it was something along those lines..

[Updated on: Sun, 27 March 2005 13:04]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Sun, 27 March 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The kids Atlantis one.
Kids huh? Why they make the chicks so hot with big tits?
The thoughts that creept into my mind when I walked passed the tv and saw the main atlantean chick....... well that wuz until she turned blue.

[Updated on: Sun, 27 March 2005 13:16]

Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive seen all of atlantis so far too. The verdict is still out on it I reckon. I mean it could be good, but at this point its got nothing on SG1. Granted SG1 might be getting a bit tired and by the sounds of things season 9 is going to felate goats drastically, but we shall see.
Boosted TG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon atlantis is good but not as good as SG-1 i've seen pretty much every episode of sg-1 and yeah atlantis doesnt really compare to it, well not yet just have to wait and see, but i reckon they should still keep SG-1 on aswel or unless they are and i dont know bout it.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Pity that alien chick (the raith?), that sucked the life out of that guy, died. She was HOT! I hope there's more like her around in the series.

I'd like to make out with an alien chick. Borg Queen... Babylon5.. Farscape.. they often have hot alien chicks, with wierd appendages and other deformaties that make them look like they'd be so much fun to fool around with.

seeyuzz
river
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SG1 is coming back for a 9th season. Only thing is, rumor mill reckons cast changes a plenty (And not just one like when Daniel Jackson left and the guy from Parker Lewis cant lose filled in Rolling Eyes )
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 10:53

Hi,

Pity that alien chick (the raith?), that sucked the life out of that guy, died. She was HOT! I hope there's more like her around in the series.

I'd like to make out with an alien chick. Borg Queen... Babylon5.. Farscape.. they often have hot alien chicks, with wierd appendages and other deformaties that make them look like they'd be so much fun to fool around with.

seeyuzz
river

Laughing Laughing

I thought she looked like Marilyn Manson's attempt at being a chick.

But know what you mean in some cases. Eg. Farscape. Razz But

"just as long as she aint green.. cause if the bitch is green then theres somethin wrong wif teh pussy.. know what im sayin"

I thought the best part of Atlantis was where mr T1000 got killed!. I was thinking hmmm T1000 is gonna mess that goth alien up. But then he got owned.

I'll be watching it again.. pity about the dodge time slot.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodge time slot? What time they running it now? As per usual, sci-fi cops the worst time slots.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its on 10:30 on thursday after SG-1 Sad I thpught it was pretty good i just hope they keep it up. its good to see they still had Dr Jackson and General O'neil in it even tho it was for about 10 minutes. The main thing is it kept the story continuing so it does happen after SG-1. They should have it on at 9:30 if not earlier.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw the movie last night, it just seemed like one long normal episode to me, and not a movie like the stargate one was. Maybe because the series hadn't been already defined, the stargate movie seemed better.

When could they lock in 8 chevrons? They only had 7 of the triangle lock things before.

And why did the guy just put back on the table that thing he used to kill that wraith woman with? I mean, c'mon, it's the only thing they had that could kill them in one hit and he just leaves it behind? DUH DUH DUH.

But yea, it's just going to be a new stargate series really.

Control room: mountain-top base -> atlantis city

Enemy: Go'ould -> wraith

Main leader: Jack (doesn't take crap and like simple explainations) -> Dude who instantly interfaces with atlantis technology and is also an airforce pilot who has a record of doing what he feels was right while disobeying direct orders.

Gate iris -> Gate shield

Authorisation codes -> authorisation codes.

Story: Use the gate to explore the universe for new technologies and worlds -> use the gate to explore the universe for a new power source and worlds.

Etc...... -> Etc......

But it does have the possibility to add in some new stuff that they ran out of being able to add before due to "realistic" technological limitations, and the fact everyone was human (well, most), and the wraith are more than human unlike the go'ould were. Plus the wraith want to eat them instead of just making them slaves. Smile

Oh yea, the new gate does look much cooler, and it's pretty spiffy how that spaceship had a DHD on it to activate the gates with, as they were always hardwired before and had to be connected to the gates.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its amazing as it gets later in the first season of Atlantis, they use the gate bugger all of the time really.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah those new gates are really cool but the ancient spaceship why they have a DHD device onboard is beyond me. I can't wait for Thursday night Very Happy i have to agree with Apollo about wraith's they look pretty dam hard to kill.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It becomes quite clear why there are DHDs inside the ships.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHAT have you seen all of the first season of Atlantis? Shocked
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit yeah. I'll be damned if im waiting for bloody australia to get the things and air them.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked bloody hell how long has it been out for? And where the hell did you get it from?
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The internet is your friend....
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol to true to true
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hirogen wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 19:05

Shit yeah. I'll be damned if im waiting for bloody australia to get the things and air them.
I'll have to agree with that after seeing when they're putting it on at night.

My mate had all the current episodes about a month ago when I was last over, but next time I'm at his house (couple weekends away), I'll copy them from him then as he's keeping up with the downloads of them. Smile

Quote:

It becomes quite clear why there are DHDs inside the ships.

Well, the "movie" seemed to give away that it's needed because there was no DHD floating in space next to the gate. Wink

Quote:

Its amazing as it gets later in the first season of Atlantis, they use the gate bugger all of the time really.

I'm having a guess it's to do with a whole city to explore? Smile
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That and those spiffy new ships Very Happy
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah there are some quite interesting episodes that don't involve travelling to other plannets, the season finalle ends in such a chifhanger though.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Mon, 28 March 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It wasn't really a movie, just a standard double length pilot. SG1 had one at the start of season 1.

Yes lots of good stuff happens in Atlantis, and from what i've read lots of more will be happening in Season 2.

They have dialed eight chevrons before in SG1 a few times. When O'Niell had all the information from the ancients in his brain and he made the power booster so he could dial to the Asguard planet. The eighth chevron is like an area code, and you need extra power to use it.

As far as comparing it to SG1, the seasons are fairly similar. Both started off with a few good eps, then a bunch of crappy "filler episodes", with a few good story ones thrown in, and a nice season finale.

Atlantis will find its feet and get into quite a nice rhythm. As long as they can keep the story moving it will be good...

The last few seasons of SG1 have just dragged on and on with the Jaffa Alliance, Goa'uld etc. It took them eight seasons to get any sort of resolution. Hopefully they can do something good with season nine, but at the moment its looking iffy. Kill it off already.

piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: Stargate: Atlantis, 8:30pm Ch 7. Tue, 29 March 2005 08:03 Go to previous message
don't give too much away i want to watch it. But i do love a good cliffhanger
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Steves Email address
Next Topic:im goin sydney!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 07:38:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005979061126709 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.