Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
brake ID required Sat, 26 March 2005 12:07 Go to next message
ive come across a brake upgrade setup for a TA22, but im not sure which componants are involved. the disks are big vented items, look to be 300mm plus. the calipers are big twin pot buggers, with sumitomo printed on them (like everything else, i know) and the struts look to be corona mabe? they are larger diameter than the TA22 ones and have toyota printed on the side.
anyone able to identify?
RA60?
RT13x?
rona/pug/hilux?

Send a private message to this user    
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: brake ID required Sun, 27 March 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone?
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: brake ID required Sun, 27 March 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They were definately not the Corona/pug/hilux setup (this is 4piston) and RA60 brakes are only single piston *I think* so my money would be on it being some sort of Corona strut and setup. I don't think the disks were quite that big, 300mm discs would probably mean the calipers only just fit under 16" rims... and while I can't really remember, I dont think that Celica had 16s on it.

Photos for the masses would help.

Hen
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: brake ID required Sun, 27 March 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You expect people to identify your brakes with no photos and a description that vague? Are you serious?

"I have some brakes, they are round and made of metal. Can someone tell me what they are?"
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: brake ID required Sun, 27 March 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed they were only twin piston calipers, pretty sure they're just corona. the vented disks threw me though, they are ~260mm i believe.

I dont have a digital camera, nor do i really have access to one, sorry. can send MMS though if anyone thinks they can help...

Thanks for your useful contribution norbie, you ill tempered bastard. i sympathise, driving a car as ugly as yours would make me angry all the time too.

If somebody could confirm which toytas came with twin spot calipers and vented rotors, on struts which are compatible with a TA22, i would be happy.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: brake ID required Sun, 27 March 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA6# are single piston, but vented discs.
RT132 are twin piston (Sumitomo caliper), but solid discs.

RT132 struts are commonly used in early Celicas. They sure as hell are not 300mm in size, they're actually 266mm.

It is possible that you have RT132 struts with non-standard vented discs and a caliper spacer made up to suit the increased width.

RT132 struts are commonly used with DBA F272 discs (vented) and LN106 or equivilent Hilux calipers. Perhaps these are the discs you have.

TA's and RA's have different front geometry; in TA22 an unmodified RT132 Corona strut housing is too long. If you're considering buying these for your TA22, this is something you should consider.

If you're interested, I have a pair of custom springs to suit RT132 strut into TA22 with TA22 upper spring seat and RT1232 lower seat. Contrary to common belief the original TA22 spring doesn't! fit properly and the ride height will be increased approx. 1" - 1.5" as well.

Hope this helps.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: brake ID required Sun, 27 March 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greenta22 wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 23:48

Thanks for your useful contribution norbie,

I see your post count is less than 250. I don't think you're in any position to lecture me about "useful contributions". Rolling Eyes
Quote:

you ill tempered bastard.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake ID required Sun, 27 March 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What Norbie is implying is that we are not magicians. We don't have crystal balls so we can't magically conjure up measurements of your discs.

When you grow a brain and lose that fucked up attitude, why don't you use a ruler to measure the disc diameter, the rotor thickness, the total disc height and central spigot hole diameter, post it up and maybe those that can be bothered might be able to help you.

Of course, those of us that are resourceful use the DBA catalogue rather than being spoon fed.
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: brake ID required Mon, 28 March 2005 09:24 Go to previous message
September_Squall wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 00:12

Hope this helps.

It does, thank you.

Norbie wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005

I see your post count is less than 250. I don't think you're in any position to lecture me about "useful contributions".

i would have thought it fairly obvious that i was refering to your useless contribution to my thread, not your involvement in the forum. there is a difference between useless and numerous contributions, from what ive seen your posts are quite often both. if you dont have an answer to a question, why involve yourself? perhaps to increase your post count?

gianttomato wrote on Mon 28th March 2005

why don't you use a ruler to measure the disc diameter, the rotor thickness, the total disc height and central spigot hole diameter, post it up and maybe those that can be bothered might be able to help you.

the struts/brakes are still on a car in a wrecking yard, i didnt have a ruler when i was there. if i had bought them already this would be the obvioius solution. seeing as i dont have them, asking here where somebody might be able to help me seemed like a good idea.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engine idling but not revving - smallport into AE86
Next Topic:FITTING DISC BRAKES TO A HILUX DIFF
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 20:27:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047688484191895 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.