Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

EMS maps Sun, 27 March 2005 14:15 Go to next message
hey guys, just fully installed the 8860 in the T-18 and im not a happy man, the maps are screwed, as i took it for a short drive and it drops out when accelerating but then accelerates for a sec when i lift off. The car idles fine but the timing it at 25 when using the standard computer the car is supposed to idle at 12.5. I was wondering if any1 has a drivable map for a 2t-geu or a 3t-gte so i can drive my car. Im not too confident in EMS anymore as they couldnt even tell me the correct cable to use.
  Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: EMS maps Mon, 28 March 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take it to your preffered tuner and have it tuned correctly.

I advise a trailer as a better option than using some random map from the internet that could have any info in it. Were you planning on examining hte map before using it? It would be very unfortunate for the person to give you one tuned for larger injectors then lean out and detonate your engine.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EMS maps Mon, 28 March 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Usually when you use the base map in the computer its not so you can go around driving the car as soon as you install it, the idea is that you have that map in the ecu so you are able to start and run the car so you can wack it on the dyno and then do the fine tunning required
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: EMS maps Mon, 28 March 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i spoke to the head tuner at EMS before i bought the computer and he told me the maps that they provide, the car would be able to drive and only dyno tuning would only be required if i wanted peak performance. The problem is i dont have a grand to throw at getting the car dyno tuned, and looking at the map its totally wrong, all i wanted is a map which works in some1s 2T or 3T and i would modify the settings to suit. The current fuel map looks alright, but the ignition map is screwed as it is set tp 35 degrees at 0kpa at 1000 rpm.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: EMS maps Mon, 28 March 2005 05:50 Go to previous message
Base maps are just base maps. They are designed to get the car to the tuner to have the system tuned correctly.

It seems there may be some misunderstanding in this case but you can't expect to have a small aftermarket EFI computer company to have good working maps for every engine going around. Especially not an old clumker that very few people choose to modify.

If you know what is wrong with the maps, and know "why" that setting is wrong then make conservative changes until you fix it.

However if you want any kind of decent performance and drivability there will be a lot of tuning involved no matter what.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HELP! TAHCO STRAIGHT SWAP?
Next Topic:3y engine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 22:06:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004054069519043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.