Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Garage_KooK01
Regular

November 2004
icon10.gif  the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 06:13 Go to next message
Laughing so what do you's think of them????
my mate has 1 it beat my 4ac Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best cars ever!

nufin sexier then a gemini with no springs
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just like anything else badged holden, i think they suck the fat one.
Garage_KooK01
Regular

November 2004
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true true
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they go pretty well up against stock cars of the same era,the sohc donk in them is pretty strong aswell,wouldnt do one up but can appreciate them when they are..
Boosted TG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont mind them considering that they are holden another words a heap of crap, but yeah they're not a bad lil car and are pretty good for a first car, i own one and i think its pretty good
tomartom
Regular

June 2004
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the Coupe, Lighter than the sedan or the Panelvan,(I had One)not the stationwagon,yuk. Motors are OK no significnat troubles to note, they do tend to rust a lot. Don't get the front wheel drive model, not as good as the earlier r/w models.

tony
Boosted TG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence but i hate the look of the coupes aye, go the TG sedans
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79 TD sedans r my fav. DEBADGE IT, SPRAY IT, DROP IT AND SIT IT UNDER SUM FAT DRAGWAYS!!! AND if u wanna go the extra mile, chuck in a piazza 2.0L single cam turbo in the beast cuz they're torky litle fukers. With a fat dumper as well to fit the old skool looks!!

nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or u could just import one

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/b532a.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/b532b.jpg
Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boosted TG wrote on Fri, 25 March 2005 18:22

i dont mind them considering that they are holden another words a heap of crap, but yeah they're not a bad lil car and are pretty good for a first car, i own one and i think its pretty good

so you think there crap but there pretty good Rolling Eyes

i dont get it
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The TX-TD's are the nicer looking ones. The TE's onwards in my opinion are fucking hiddious!

my two cents
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Fri, 25 March 2005 20:09

or u could just import one<snipe>

Mmmm, don't mind the old Isuzu. My brother has a TD with a lightly moded G180. Not a real powerhouse but who cares when its all in the cruise.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what model is the hatch back one?? I know its pretty early,but anyways I think they look the best..
Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: the holden gemini Fri, 25 March 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 10:18

what model is the hatch back one?? I know its pretty early,but anyways I think they look the best..

i dont mind the look of them too
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: the holden gemini Sat, 26 March 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helped a mate build a td sedan, piaza 1800 twin cam, 1600 crank, 1800 rods, dish pistons (factory dome top), comp dropped to 6.5:1 from 11:1, fuel injected, xf throttle body, sc12 supercharger, custom pullys (no clutch), 37.5pounds boost, wolf 3d, bomed head, custom grind cams, 250hp nos kit, 509.3hp@wheels, 4500 stall conv, holden 6 powerglide tricked up full man, shortened 10 bolt holden diff, 4 link rear end, full 10 point cage, tubbed, 31" slicks, nearly painted and ready to race. all built in the back yard nothing done outside his shed inc machining.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 March 2005 01:20]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the holden gemini Sat, 26 March 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did u jsut copy and paste that post from fast fours? Rolling Eyes
Garage_KooK01
Regular

November 2004
Re: the holden gemini Sat, 26 March 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess some people like holdens as much as i like toyotas
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: the holden gemini Sat, 26 March 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was no cutting and pasting i know all the details cause i heped build it it took us 2 yrs and only cost him aprox $2500 to build. not bad hu and the car has sentemental value to him it was his first car, brought it new!
Garage_KooK01
Regular

November 2004
Re: the holden gemini Sat, 26 March 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not a bad price really
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: the holden gemini Sat, 26 March 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the Piaza was a single OHC
Boosted TG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: the holden gemini Mon, 28 March 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garage_KooK wrote on Fri, 25 March 2005 20:34

Boosted TG wrote on Fri, 25 March 2005 18:22

so you think there crap but there pretty good Rolling Eyes

i dont get it

i dont think gemini's are crap what i mean is i think holdens and commodores etc. are crap
Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: the holden gemini Mon, 28 March 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but isnt the gemini a holden and you just said there holdens are crap so geminis are

Very Happy i get your point Rolling Eyes
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: the holden gemini Mon, 28 March 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holden seem to like buying cars off other companies like toyota and isuzu and selling them just rebadged, ford have the same deal with mazda, out of all those companies, which two are decent? Razz

jap cars rule, euro cars and aussie cars suck teh big 0ne.

Eldar.0.
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: the holden gemini Mon, 28 March 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How bout Lexus that copy everything. Smile
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: the holden gemini Mon, 28 March 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of other cars looking like others! i saw some kind of nissan that looked just like a toyota crown *oldish one* 80's model i think n i was like wtf is that never heard or seen neting about a car like that!

weird shit.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: the holden gemini Mon, 28 March 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.angelfire.com/me/GETASPLATTUPYA/gp2.jpg

a reliant robin was going full pelt and didnt see the gemini gunning it
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: the holden gemini Mon, 28 March 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by the way the gemini is a rebadgedd isuzu
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: the holden gemini Mon, 28 March 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And don't forget the Opel Kadet and the Chev Ballet(Spelling ?).
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: the holden gemini Tue, 29 March 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had one, good first car.

Used to think it handled ok, but in hindsight... Confused

They are cheap to buy/run/maintain.

I would never do one up though...
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: the holden gemini Tue, 29 March 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate has one its pretty good i like it... its a TX, respreyed black with a 2L webber, extractors and a 2" exhaust and i see it cain 4AC all the time, infact i have seen it beat a other holdens 6's i think a VL was the best he beat! but overall a 12A gem that was purple was the best car he ever beat! hahah he still can't beat hte mighty 5ME tho!!
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: the holden gemini Tue, 29 March 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my brothers mate has 4 gemini's and a r33 gtr!
i has one original gemi, 1 rallier, track car and a general hot street car. n his gtr well that thing is funny lookin lol haha

if i can ill c if i can get pics of them all.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: the holden gemini Wed, 30 March 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe Isuzu/Opel are still doing a gemi in Europe.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: the holden gemini Wed, 30 March 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81LOWLUX wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 11:48

Helped a mate build a td sedan, piaza 1800 twin cam, 1600 crank, 1800 rods, dish pistons (factory dome top), comp dropped to 6.5:1 from 11:1, fuel injected, xf throttle body, sc12 supercharger, custom pullys (no clutch), 37.5pounds boost, wolf 3d, bomed head, custom grind cams, 250hp nos kit, 509.3hp@wheels, 4500 stall conv, holden 6 powerglide tricked up full man, shortened 10 bolt holden diff, 4 link rear end, full 10 point cage, tubbed, 31" slicks, nearly painted and ready to race. all built in the back yard nothing done outside his shed inc machining.

serious question here:

how did you get an SC12 to make 37.5 pounds of boost?

dont they die from anything over 14?
Just Half Steppin
Regular

Banned Again

March 2005
Re: the holden gemini Wed, 30 March 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That gemini is DAMN TUFF
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: the holden gemini Wed, 30 March 2005 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 14:01

81LOWLUX wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 11:48

serious question here:

how did you get an SC12 to make 37.5 pounds of boost?

dont they die from anything over 14?

I was just about to ask, very suspiscious

[Updated on: Wed, 30 March 2005 18:25]

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: the holden gemini Wed, 30 March 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do you get 509.3 rwhp worth of air through a puny SC12. I think he ment 50.93hp@wheels + 250hp NOS kit Smile

Sorry just read over the post again, it has "custom pulleys", that explains everything Laughing
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: the holden gemini Thu, 31 March 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Chassis bends on a gemi with the stock 39 rwkw, don't think they could cope with 500...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: the holden gemini Thu, 31 March 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 08:56

How do you get 509.3 rwhp worth of air through a puny SC12. I think he ment 50.93hp@wheels + 250hp NOS kit Smile

Sorry just read over the post again, it has "custom pulleys", that explains everything Laughing

maybe it has four of them Laughing
skit
Regular

November 2004
Re: the holden gemini Thu, 31 March 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81LOWLUX wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 12:18

How is he controlling inlet temps running 30+ psi through a roots supercharger. Efficiency in these style superchargers rapidly degenerates over 8-10 psi, and the huge boost pressure would be largely attributable to thermal expansion of the inlet charge due to heat added at the compressor. Is he running any sort of water injection? I would think you could cut your boost in half and probably knock 60 degrees off your intake temp straight away, which may prove more beneficial. 509HP? I just can't imagine an sc12 making this kind of power i'm sorry.

PS How can you build that for $2500? You'd have to steal nearly every component!

[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2005 07:13]

81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: the holden gemini Thu, 31 March 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2500 is easy when you use parts already had and fabrocate every thing yourself steel is cheap eg. roll cage, diff shortining, tubs, suspension components, dash, floor, hassy links, boring, pullys, brackets.
dont know bout inlet temps though think th nos cools the air sufficintly and the blower prob wont hold on for that long but they are cheap and it is a full blown drag car not a street car.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: the holden gemini Thu, 31 March 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: the holden gemini Thu, 31 March 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or ban
chutz_pah
Regular

September 2002
Re: the holden gemini Sun, 03 April 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my girlfriend has a gemini... 77 i think, don't know the model exactly.

anyway the isuzu motor is stuffed in it

what does anyone recommend as a good replacement?

easy install?
reasonably cheap?
hugely reliable?
mild power? (1600 twincam range is all she wants)
R-Lo
Regular

April 2004
Re: the holden gemini Mon, 30 May 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am building one up atm to drift, a poor mans AE86 in my opinion (i am a poor man), exact same wheel base as the AE86! they are very light but quite solid also... I have put the rodeo motor and clutch in mine and it has a shitload more torque now, great for drifting...

Go the Gem! Cool
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: the holden gemini Mon, 30 May 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a red gemini in Rochedale Brisbane with a 1ggte hes got 365bhp thats about the only gemini I like because it has a heart of gold.
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: the holden gemini Tue, 31 May 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gems are cool. They were the car of choice to mod back in the day in my neighborhood. Every second young dude had one. My mum had a hotted up early opel designed s/wagon with extractors, big carb and a cam lol. She used to scare the shit out of us kids driving around the hills outside Perth. Hmm maybe Mum was an early 'Touge' pioneer?
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: the holden gemini Wed, 01 June 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chutz_pah wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 11:49

easy install?
reasonably cheap?
hugely reliable?

I'd say its a TD
As for the motor - G180 block, G200 crank and the early G160 head. Or G200 block and crank with the early G160 head.
But if its a twincam 1600 then the 4age.
How about a commodore v6 ? Should i now duck for cover, or what ?
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: the holden gemini Wed, 01 June 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres my opinion,
the 4 doors - meh seen em way too much not worht anythign anymore
the fats back - ok but still meh

better off gettin an old school celica, or datsun....
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: the holden gemini Wed, 01 June 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81LOWLUX wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 18:01

2500 is easy when you use parts already had and fabrocate every thing yourself steel is cheap eg. roll cage, diff shortining, tubs, suspension components, dash, floor, hassy links, boring, pullys, brackets.
dont know bout inlet temps though think th nos cools the air sufficintly and the blower prob wont hold on for that long but they are cheap and it is a full blown drag car not a street car.

Wouldn't things like the wolf 3D and the nos kit be more then that just by themselves ? Confused i wouldn't mind seeing pics too sounds pretty extreme...
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: the holden gemini Thu, 02 June 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

easy install?
reasonably cheap?
hugely reliable?

The most heard of conversion is the Piazza turbo. Although, a 4AGE makes sense in terms of reliability and power (it is toyota after all). It depends really on what buying opportunities fall your way and what budget constraints you have. A dunnydoor V6? LOL

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2005 01:15]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the holden gemini Thu, 02 June 2005 01:24 Go to previous message
Quote:

$2500, not doubting what you have done at all but for the money even with all in-house fabrication still sounds a little cheap.

Sounds like those scratch 'n' win ads on tv where some bogan tells the story of how there mate won on a scratchie and bought $700 000 000 worth of stuff on a $10k win. For those who don't get the ads in their area they usually go like this:

They make the ad look like they have "randomly" approached someone on the street to ask if they know of anyone who has won big on a scratchie, the bogan looking person usually responds with something like the followig....."Bazza foun 2 bucks on va ground and I said buy a scratchie you mad kunt, so Bazza bought a scratchie and scratched up $10,000, so he bought a new car, went on a holiday to Bali, paid off his mortgage and quit his job!" Then the ad jingle SCRATCH ME HAPPY.....bogans will believe anything Laughing

EDIT: let the 4AGZE boys know the secret to big boost from the SC12 as most of them are struggling to see 14psi Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2005 01:25]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:halfcut transportation turns nasty
Next Topic:Screw you Ch10..you just ruined my night!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:43:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087089538574219 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.