Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Wed, 23 March 2005 11:51 Go to next message
I was just wondering if anyone has installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? But i wanted to know if they have installed it towards to bottom of the dash...just above the coin draw, in that storage bracket? If so, did u have any problems with getting the headunit to sit far enuf back? i used the existing brackets and drilled holes matching to the headunit, but im thinkin i havnt gone far enuf, but i cant go much further. I will post pics 2moro if anyone could help me out....does anyone have pics of thier headunit in this position for same model?
Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
DanielJ
Regular

July 2002
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Fri, 25 March 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did one for a mate with an AE92 SX the other day. With a bit of trial & error I got it to fit. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics.
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sat, 26 March 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea it was no worries after some hussle, i got it in....cheers
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sat, 26 March 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Just to let you know I've moved your thread to tech and conversions since the content is better suited to this area of the forum. If you have any issues with the move please feel free to contact the board through board@toymods.org.au.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 March 2005 05:18]

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sat, 26 March 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/albums/Gallery/Events/20040501%20-%20Photoshoot/puzzleman_019.jpg
the carbonfibre drawer is a cup holder and coin tray.
I didn't find it that hard the wiring loom from the original head unit could actually reach from the top section down to where I've put it in. You can actually fit a double din stero in that space.
MFN-MAN
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sat, 26 March 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so would i be right in assuming that there is a bracket in the double din area?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sat, 26 March 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the bracket that held my tape pocket or coin try is the same bracket you use for your radio because this is the way it is in the ae92 sx gti modal corolla.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sat, 26 March 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice red and black dash mat Rolling Eyes

i think its better on the top one being more easy to access, away from the shifter and all (put one in my ae95)
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sat, 26 March 2005 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 23:45

nice red and black dash mat Rolling Eyes

because i like a cracked dash Confused
Pzest
Regular

November 2004

Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sun, 27 March 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh this thread rocked, i was wondering the same question myself.
then i was thinking wonder if i would need extra brackets or anything. Puzzle man, where did you get the cupholder and coin tray to put in ya car? seems like a snazy idea Razz
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sun, 27 March 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
autobarn $50
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sun, 27 March 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recently installed a stereo in my dads '90 ae92 sedan, i think you'd save a hell of alot of effort by putting it in the top section where the stock stereo is man, so much easier to change tracks etc aswell considering u can basically see the road while ure looking at ure stereo and not trying to look down and at the road at the same time... anyway your choice.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sun, 27 March 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh my ae92 seca head deck is up the top its much more easier
to work the controls and easier to keep ur eyes on the road,

but thats just my 2c

CHEERS

NOLAN
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Sun, 27 March 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I was just wondering if anyone has installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla

fuk wat is this has some1 installed a head unit in a ae92
wtf of couse they have
im so sick of dumb fukin q's
thats like asking if someones turboed a silvia
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 19:25

Quote:

I was just wondering if anyone has installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla

wtf of couse they have

aahahah, someone needs a tissue, everything alright champ?

Eldar.O.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get fuked
go drive ur shitbox litace
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 13:22

get fuked
go drive ur shitbox litace

ahahah, seems someones on their rags, you up for some drifting, drifter? or cant you see while crying?

go champ, your a legend!

Eldar.O.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2005 05:25]

MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ahahah, seems someones on their rags

i didn't think ur g/f is old enought to have rags
who told u about them
must be sex ed

ya fuk head
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now now kiddies
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 21:25

Quote:

wtf of couse they have

Quote:

I was just wondering if anyone has installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? But i wanted to know if they have installed it towards to bottom of the dash...just above the coin draw, in that storage bracket?

He knows somebody has but he was asking if anyone who clicked on his thread has so that they could help him out. He also specifically asked if anyone had done it towards the bottom of the dash.

YOU MX73 are the stupid dumb fuck. I'm sick of people like YOU who don't think before they post. Use some common sense moron.
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks ppl, yea like i said i did it with no worries, just used existing brackets and lined up holes in the headunit and then drilled in brackets...heres pics of it...sorry for the quality (its with my fone) also, as u can see from one of these pics it has tilt face, so i have no worries seeing it. i wanted to keep the tape deck too, just as a false illusion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/insalubrity _macca/Image077.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/insalubrity _macca/Image082.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/insalubrity _macca/Image085.jpg
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i 2nd that thu187...here here.
is there anyway we can go about droppin him from the forums Evil or Very Mad Laughing j/k
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 21:25

Quote:

wtf of couse they have

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it.

Read the forum rules.

This is your official warning, do it again and you'll be banned.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Has anyone installed a headunit into a 1990 ae92 corolla? Mon, 28 March 2005 10:28 Go to previous message
sorry Crying or Very Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3tgte fly cut pistions???
Next Topic:2 Nissan T25G for 400rwhp 1j build [budget twins upgrade]
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:20:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069088935852051 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.