Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kyler
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 03:00 Go to next message
Hey guys.

I just dumped a crapload into the Skyline. 1994 S1 Gts-t coupe. Basically it went in for exhaust/cooler/pod/bleed valve but they discovered a f**ked turbo so I was "forced" Razz to upgrade.
Please let me know your opinions.

Before Mods
----------------------
3 inch catback
8psi.

After Mods
----------------------
Garret 600*300 fmic kit
Exhaust Dumpipe, Front Pipe, 3in High Flow Cat
Apexi Power Filter Kit with cold air partition
Walboro 500hp Intank Fuel Pump
Malpassi Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Reg
Platinum Spark Plugs
IPS 460 Turbo (460hp)
Wolf 3D V4 Plug n Play ECU with Handcontroller
Bleed Valve (would like to run about 1 bar)
All to be tuned by reputable tuner who knows Wolfs (approx 5-7 hour tune)
** I will be running stock injectors, can't afford new ones yet. I was advised the Fuel reg would help this**

Now I'm not getting the car back until next week (can't sleep!!!). Can anyone give an estimate as to how much power I can expect and what times (assuming I do a decent run) I should be expecting? This is with a GOOD tune. I have no bloody idea what the car's going to be like when I get it back. NO IDEA. This car in it's stock form was the quickest car I've driven with the fastest one's I've been a passenger, 2005 Monaro and 170rwkw WRX.

Please convince me as to how happy I'll be and how awesome my car will be so I can stop worrying about why the hell I just dumped ---thousands--- into this car. I'm a little stressed at the moment and also have no more money.

One other thing, if the injectors are going to be a bottleneck, what could I expect if I added some proper sized ones on there (550cc)?
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
170rwkw rex Razz
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A rwd WRX i have heard is a little slower of the line than the awd monaros Razz

anyways,

Did you buy all that gear new?

I think you will be happy with your car when it comes back. but only for a month or two, then you will need another 10K and more power.... its just they way it seems to be.

personally i would not be able to spend 10K on a nissan Razz
jk.

Stop stressing. Drive it and be happy. Things could always be worse mate, you could own a Barina or something.

-Adam
kyler
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha yeh typo gimme a break, I know what I'm talking about heh. 170kw atw <----

And I will always be a die-hard Toyota fan at heart. They just didn't have what I was after. MR2, only 2 seats... no thanks. Soarer, wanted a manual. That's why I got the R33.

All the gear is brand new. The car is in the workshop at the moment and I should have it back late next week or early the week after (due to shipping delays on the Wolf).

I am "hoping" for 200rwkw with this setup.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd say you'd get 200rwkw pretty comfortably assuming this is an RB25DET we are talking about

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2005 05:26]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's an R33, so that's a good bet Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wasn't sure on what year the r33 came out and thus didn't wanna say yep your car will produce 200rwkw, to then be flamed by some nob saying that the rb20 is a piece of poo and would not produce that much power although it would be pushing that power for 10k i hope
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kyler wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 16:24

I am "hoping" for 200rwkw with this setup.

10K for 200rwkw in an RB25T......................I think your getting ripped off somewhwere?
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh thats what i thought, 10k should net you more than 200kw
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People are nudging 200rwkw with BPU 1JZ's, so I'd be pretty upset if I only got that much out of an RB25 + $10k. Sure I know it's a p00 Nissan engine, but still!
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh 200's an easy target to get to specially if running 1bar. only thing that may be limiting is injectors/fuel pump and strength of internals, u gotta remember your not running a 3s-gte Wink
check out the ns.com site they may be of more help to ya
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id trade my seca in for a skyline anyday Laughing

NOLAN
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10k i'd want something bloody quick..
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friend's R33 (1996 GTST) has 159kw at wheels, stock with ~8psi.

I don't think you'll have trouble reaching 200...
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although it seems a bit of a waste to get all the dyno tuning done on the shitty stock injectors only to toss them out later and put in new injectors and a new tune.

you should be well past 200rwkw with that amount of money. Heck if i was to dump 10k into my GT4 i'd be wanting atleast 200awkw, which is a damn bit harder to get then the R33.
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Fri, 18 March 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 16:19

i wasn't sure on what year the r33 came out and thus didn't wanna say yep your car will produce 200rwkw, to then be flamed by some nob saying that the rb20 is a piece of poo and would not produce that much power although it would be pushing that power for 10k i hope

Mate of mine has an RB20+10k, and thats making 200rwkw.
Logical conclusion is that with an extra 500cc and the same dosh, you should get more then that...

hehe, 200rwkw, more then my first corrolla was making at the fly! (3K+1700 still equals no power!)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Sat, 19 March 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you're about to tune, I would have skipped the RRFPR and gone straight for some 500+cc injectors... you dont want to have to re-tune again just for an injector change Sad

and with my BPU on a 1jz, I put out 213rwkw (on stock turbos). with a new turbo etc you'll probably be limited by your injectors. what cc are they?

my guess for you is 220-230rwkw

[Updated on: Sat, 19 March 2005 01:01]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Sat, 19 March 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Draven. If the injectors are not up to the task then that is the max power you will be able to achieve. I have no idea about Nissan injectors, but 1jz's have 380cc injectors and they can flow up to 250rwkw or so. So if yours are similar in size to this then they shouldn't be restricting your power limits.

When the tuning is done they will set how many ms the injectors are open for, give it a run and see what duty cycle the injectors are at. If the duty cycle gets too high, you won't be able to run any more boost until you get bigger injectors.

BTW I remember Subzero Performance saying a while back that they would do a 10sec r33 gts-t package for $15000.
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Sat, 19 March 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should go good

but those nissan engines are way to sensitive
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Sat, 19 March 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like fun.

Performance is best measured after the work - you place the car on the race track and you run a time OR you plonk it on the dyno and it returns a number (kinda like a calcualtor where you put the numbers in and the answer is delivered afterwards not before).

As has been said, get it, drive it and be happy (it is all to easy to get disappointed otherwise).

The parts sound sensible, and it should be nice to drive, so please let us know the results Smile
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Sat, 19 March 2005 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish i could dump 10k into my car like that.
it sure does need it.
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Sun, 20 March 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmm r33 + 10k, sounds fuckin sweet man, u really gotta get the injectors hey, u will not regret it
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Mon, 21 March 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man , with injectors, ill put my money on 235rwkw easy (dyno on shootout mode)
hey we gota start some sort of poll now Surprised

I know im going to be exactly like you when i have the cash, so just think about how much you love driving and sleep, its money well spent in my opinion. . .

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 14:29]

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Tue, 22 March 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bananaman wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 00:01

10k i'd want something bloody quick..

I second that ...

I chickened out of putting an extra $10k into my AE86 ... and walked away with a NA6 MX5 and now have a choice of two nice rides ...

Neither are fast but they sure keep me smiling ...

Food for thought eh?
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Tue, 22 March 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DONT USE RX7 550CC INJECTORS THEY SPRAY THE WRONG PATTERN FOR A PISTON MOTOR. (MOST PEOPLE USE THEM CAUSE THERE CHEAP).
MATE HAS R31 WITH RB20 SILVER TOP, T3/T4 HYBRID, RX7 INJECTORS(THATS HOW I KNOW THEY ARE NO GOOD) MALPASSI FUEL REG, FRONT MOUNT, TWIN 300ZX BLOW OFF VALVES, WOLF 3D COMPUTER, 20pound of boost. WITH 140,000KLM IT STILL PUTS OUT 264RWHP. SO YOURS SHOULD GO LIKE A SHOWER OF SHIT. Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 23 March 2005 03:48]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Wed, 23 March 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

DONT USE RX7 550CC INJECTORS THEY SPRAY THE WRONG PATTERN FOR A PISTON MOTOR

Interesting remark, I have seen/been in/driven several 4 cylinder engines using 13BT 550cc injectors with great success and driveability.

I find your single bad case interesting Rolling Eyes

On topic:

A friend followed a similar path in an R33 (front mount, high flow of standard turbo, decompression using head gasket spacer Rolling Eyes , microtech, aftermarket injectors, increased boost to ??). This netted around 245rwkw and high 12's. The car was very impressive to drive.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Wed, 23 March 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81LOWLUX wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 15:56

DONT USE RX7 550CC INJECTORS THEY SPRAY THE WRONG PATTERN FOR A PISTON MOTOR. (MOST PEOPLE USE THEM CAUSE THERE CHEAP).
MATE HAS R31 WITH RB20 SILVER TOP, T3/T4 HYBRID, RX7 INJECTORS(THATS HOW I KNOW THEY ARE NO GOOD) MALPASSI FUEL REG, FRONT MOUNT, TWIN 300ZX BLOW OFF VALVES, WOLF 3D COMPUTER, 20pound of boost. WITH 140,000KLM IT STILL PUTS OUT 264RWHP. SO YOURS SHOULD GO LIKE A SHOWER OF SHIT. Razz

Maybe if it where direct injection Rolling Eyes
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Wed, 23 March 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from our research it is a common thing but we might be wrong. interesting note tho these rx7 injectors are only running at 40% in his car and it is still overfueling when u rape it.
thanx skip and ke382tg ill look into it more. have fun with it kyler and tell us how it goes when she's back..
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Wed, 23 March 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81LOWLUX wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 18:56

interesting, i wonder why GTR owners are bying them like hot cakes. maybe because they work well.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Wed, 23 March 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

from our research it is a common thing but we might be wrong

Can you elaborate on this?

Like how many cars your research has been applied to, when different injectors were put in after the RX7 ones what was the economy, power etc. like?
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Wed, 23 March 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently the rx7 injectors spray in a jet pattern (thin straight and consontrated) the style of spray needed is in a fan shape.
Like i said this is what we were told by a couple of performance shops when trying to extract more power out of it.
Once again we could be wrong Embarassed ask some performance mechanics and let me know, i wouldn't mind knowing myself the correct answer.
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Thu, 24 March 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should have well over 200 rwkw.

You can get 190rwkw running stock intercooler and just a bleed valve and fuel adjuster.

similar engine to a 1JZ in a car about 300kg lighter = good combo. Plus the turbos on the 1J are always a worry. Better off with the single
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Thu, 24 March 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for 10k i would have made a rb30det/tt for you to dump in the skyline mines good for 300rwkws running 18psi and cost 10k including custom frontmount, exhaust manifold and exhaust.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Thu, 24 March 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kyler wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 11:00

Hey guys.

I just dumped a crapload into the Skyline. 1994 S1 Gts-t coupe. Basically it went in for exhaust/cooler/pod/bleed valve but they discovered a f**ked turbo so I was "forced" Razz to upgrade.
Please let me know your opinions.

Before Mods
----------------------
3 inch catback
8psi.

After Mods
----------------------
Garret 600*300 fmic kit
Exhaust Dumpipe, Front Pipe, 3in High Flow Cat
Apexi Power Filter Kit with cold air partition
Walboro 500hp Intank Fuel Pump
Malpassi Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Reg
Platinum Spark Plugs
IPS 460 Turbo (460hp)
Wolf 3D V4 Plug n Play ECU with Handcontroller
Bleed Valve (would like to run about 1 bar)
All to be tuned by reputable tuner who knows Wolfs (approx 5-7 hour tune)
** I will be running stock injectors, can't afford new ones yet. I was advised the Fuel reg would help this**

Now I'm not getting the car back until next week (can't sleep!!!). Can anyone give an estimate as to how much power I can expect and what times (assuming I do a decent run) I should be expecting? This is with a GOOD tune. I have no bloody idea what the car's going to be like when I get it back. NO IDEA. This car in it's stock form was the quickest car I've driven with the fastest one's I've been a passenger, 2005 Monaro and 170rwkw WRX.

Please convince me as to how happy I'll be and how awesome my car will be so I can stop worrying about why the hell I just dumped ---thousands--- into this car. I'm a little stressed at the moment and also have no more money.

One other thing, if the injectors are going to be a bottleneck, what could I expect if I added some proper sized ones on there (550cc)?

people like you are the reason the term "asshat" was invented...

Eldar.O.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Sat, 26 March 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude its a typo. jeeeez mang chill. go have a beer and some salted nuts. ok?

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Mon, 28 March 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 08:43

dude its a typo. jeeeez mang chill. go have a beer and some salted nuts. ok?

yeah mate, twas a joke, no insult intended Smile

sell gtst, by gtr Very Happy

Eldar.O.
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: Dumped 10k into the R33. Please give opinions. Mon, 28 March 2005 12:24 Go to previous message
Hi Kyler

Post what work you are getting done on your car on the skylines Australia Forums (SAU) they will be able to give you more of an accurate figure (being Nissan nuts and all)

But I have a friend who has 200kw+ out of a RB20 with stock injectors and I presume you will have bigger injectors in the RB25

Here is the web address
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com

I hope it helps
YGT
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:brake light probo
Next Topic:who makes the best rods?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:07:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077469348907471 seconds