Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Police radar (silver eagle)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Police radar (silver eagle) Wed, 30 March 2005 05:20 Go to next message
All I can say is wow if this is still correct.

So no radar in the rain, no revenue raising and you can't get caught if you are near another car (within 200 meters)... amongst other things.

http://www.cafesydney.net/hyrax/fun_stuff/pics/nsw_police_radarbook1.jpg
http://www.cafesydney.net/hyrax/fun_stuff/pics/nsw_police_radarbook2.jpg
http://www.cafesydney.net/hyrax/fun_stuff/pics/nsw_police_radarbook3.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Police radar (silver eagle) Wed, 30 March 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was fined at the bottom of a steep hill, and lost my license for 3 months. If you want to fight it, it will cost you more trouble than its worth, i know of people paying upto 10k in court fees just to fight a 200 fine Rolling Eyes .
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Police radar (silver eagle) Wed, 30 March 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 15:28

I was fined at the bottom of a steep hill, and lost my license for 3 months. If you want to fight it, it will cost you more trouble than its worth, i know of people paying upto 10k in court fees just to fight a 200 fine Rolling Eyes .

exactly how i was done on my first offence.......so gay Sad Mad Shocked
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Police radar (silver eagle) Wed, 30 March 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm currently in court over a non speeding offence.. $130 and 3 points. representing myself.
I'll let you guys now how I go.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Police radar (silver eagle) Wed, 30 March 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 15:28

how much is your liscense worth to you and if you win you can request costs.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Police radar (silver eagle) Wed, 30 March 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this what the nsw coppers use in their hw patrol cars mounted on the roof? the radar company is in new zealand.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Police radar (silver eagle) Wed, 30 March 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actualy that says Zetland, its a suburb in south Sydney.
I got "warned" once, when a radar caught me doing like 115, but i was overtaking a truck, so i think they didn't get a clear reading.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Police radar (silver eagle) Wed, 30 March 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive never understood and partially dont believe the storys of people paying mega bucks to defend themselves in court over speeding fines.I have sucessfully defended myself twice with nothing more than some pictures of the area and a good solid explanation of events,probably just luck I know but you can find out pretty quickly if you are up against a mandatory punishment or if there is any possible leeway..If your fucked your fucked why spend 10k to get to the same outcome..
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Police radar (silver eagle) Thu, 31 March 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~macromrt/speed/Speed_ Enforcement_in_Australia.pdf

Check out page 27 of that PDF.
According to that NSW has the highest number of mobile radar units in Australia (Hwy patrol) 394 cars!!!
That is 3 times as many as the next highest state (QLD with 121).
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Police radar (silver eagle) Thu, 31 March 2005 02:33 Go to previous message
I agree - if it's a traffic infringement, if you don't think you can defend yourself dont bother taking it to court. I took one of my fines to court and won easily, you just gotta make sure you have a legitimate excuse, not "yeah, da fukin pigz hate me bro, jus coz my foolly sik civic was riding on da bump stops when I spun it out"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota T-18 Macho Machine
Next Topic:Apexi AVC-R boost controller - who's got one / knows someone with one? got a better suggestion?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 20:04:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015475034713745 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.