Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Sun, 17 November 2002 20:43 Go to next message
Just heard on the radio about a P-Plater who has been clocked doing 125Km/h over the speed limit Rolling Eyes and I am wondering if anyone knows who was?

I hope it wasn't someone from this club!!! Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Sun, 17 November 2002 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All I heard is it was on M5 and police pulled him over on Heathcote Road, in a 60 zone they were doing 180+.

The moron in question was driving a Commodore!!! Laughing
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Sun, 17 November 2002 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FARK, man, 180+ in a 60 zone! what a FUCKING IDIOT.
freaky
Regular

October 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Sun, 17 November 2002 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats pretty dumb, if somethin came onto the road out of his control he would have been dead...
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Sun, 17 November 2002 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No matter where he was doing it, Speeding is dangerous. And I'm not saying this is something i am not guilty of myself but I've only ever done it on the Freeway and really late at night.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 18 November 2002 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a few weeks ago i saw a red twinky p plater doing around that speed on the m4. i had just entered at the wonderland exit already doing 90kms (limit for red p's) and the guy goes zooming past in the right lane until his 6/7 cars ahead.

the guy probably stole the car? or just got his p's? anyway his stupid for speeding.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 November 2002 00:09]

freaky
Regular

October 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 18 November 2002 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speeding at night is dangerous as well because its less visibility, and on freeways and stuff like if u get like 'rooos jump out its pretty dangerous as well.. Very Happy
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 18 November 2002 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he is in surrey hills vic
Hey guys,
I've got problems with the 18RG in the TA22...
the fuel pump doesnt seem to pump when its going up hill...
whats the go?
that car has 1/2 tank.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 18 November 2002 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juzzo84 wrote on Mon, 18 November 2002 08:58

dude, he was ONLY going 125km/h... Very Happy
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 18 November 2002 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Mon, 18 November 2002 17:25

read the topic again Razz
125KM over The speedlimit (60km?+125 = 185KM) Razz
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 18 November 2002 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a tryhard version that champ who did up the supra and cracked nearly 300 clicks on one of the motorways in England, and got off on a tiny fine, with no criminal record. it's on the forums somewhere.

btw had a good laugh today at a p-plater in a 3.8 VT calais rebounding big time up over the speedhumps in the carpark. definitely cut springs (yes that's right, on a vt) and he had a "piss on jap crap" sticker, you know the type i mean. the arse end camber was up shit creek too.

i said, "yeah, try and piss on the jap crap i know" when I walked past it in the carpark, and failed to realise that the driver was in it, and copped an eyeful of hate.

arrgh well, that's my pointless commodore hate story for the week...

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 18 November 2002 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That "Tryhard" who did 300 on the A1 in England owns the JUN tuning company, and he imported his 1000 ps rb26 engined supra to the UK only to attttempt that feat.

LEGEND is the word - no tryhard

The video can be had from www.exvitermini.com

AbaddonGZE
Regular

July 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 18 November 2002 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dood he said the p-plater was a tryhard version Smile

btw i saw 8TH-SIN in glebe couple of months back.. tough
freaky
Regular

October 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 18 November 2002 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JUN is the da sickest tunin company i swear,
my friend is buying a JUN modified GTR, not fully
but just started
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Tue, 19 November 2002 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xfader wrote on Mon, 18 November 2002 17:38

Les wrote on Mon, 18 November 2002 17:25

read the topic again Razz
125KM over The speedlimit (60km?+125 = 185KM) Razz

my bad braddar ! thats pretty fast !!! Very Happy

Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Tue, 19 November 2002 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering this was a commodore, that means he was right on the speed limiter.

Unless it was a VP or older which aren't limited.
partyjase
Regular

June 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Tue, 19 November 2002 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty sure commo's don't run speed limiters because they have a two piece tail shaft - unlike the AU & previous falcons
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Tue, 19 November 2002 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, what abaddon said.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Tue, 19 November 2002 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doodes, that wasn't the JUN supra which went crazy on the Pommie's highways. It was in fact Smokie from the 'Top Secret' company in Japan.

Both the JUN and Top Secret Supra's are different kettle of fish with the JUN still retaining its 6 cylinders but the Top Secret going by a modified MR2's engine kicking out over 500 Bhp.

Funniest bit from the OPTION video's is where the UK officer eventually pulls over Smokie who pretends not to understand his English ... that cracked me up ... Laughing

I still prefer the JUN over the Top Secret Supra though ... Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Tue, 19 November 2002 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, even thats not correct. The one "Smokey" got done for on the UK high-ways was the first one with an RB26DETT. Just to do it because they could.

The GT300 Supra is nice too though.....720ps 4-cylinder...
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Fri, 22 November 2002 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a ride in 8thsin ...

OMG .. thats a beast ... Shocked Shocked Shocked

I work with his mate ..

I also got a ride in his my99 rexxy ... man i have never heard a BOV so ear shattering ...
That car was worked too ....
all silicon intercooler piping ...

when i got back to my car ... i felt like i was driving a camper van!

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Fri, 22 November 2002 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How on earth acn a stock seca have 90 Kws at the wheels ?? Razz
Thats pretty good aint it ?
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Fri, 22 November 2002 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It isn't stock Very Happy
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Fri, 22 November 2002 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um a mate of mine has hit 215 KPH with me in the passenger seat in a stock VS with 50,000 k's on the clock. It was pretty stupid, and a tad scary, but intense non the less. this was on the southern freeway though, and dead at nite. Ah the stupid things u do when still on P's.
touch wood.
AbaddonGZE
Regular

July 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Fri, 22 November 2002 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is a bit off track but..

inertia.. hehe your signature.

...the funnyist part in futurama!
hehe rivaled by dr zoidbergs "look at me i'm a home owner"

Smile

its too bad it never really took off here.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Sat, 23 November 2002 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It makes a guy in england a legend to do 300kp/h... on a public street..

and it makes a guy in australia (who happens to be a p plater) doin nearly half that speed a moron? I don't understand.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Sun, 24 November 2002 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll help you understand dood, there is a fine line between moron and siccccunt.. here is where you draw the line..

When:

a) you get caught by coppars

b) you get in a crash

Surprised

say when you are drifting on a public road, and u make the maddest powerslide, you are a siccunt. BUT if you crash your ride, then you are a loser simple as that !
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 25 November 2002 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It dosen't matter what's right? it's only wrong if you get caught? (to quote tool)...

that's a lil.. hm, we have racetracks for a reason.

but with the driftin scenario.. maybe the guy who stacked was goin twice as hard as the guy who pulled it off, and he's experimenting and learning his car really really well, which would make him ubder duber woober siccccccunt, or possibly not.

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 25 November 2002 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not really about whats right or wrong... sometimes people who do stupid things are idolised ! Shocked

[Updated on: Mon, 25 November 2002 09:17]

mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 25 November 2002 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the important thing was that he put nissan's finest in toyota's finest and got off with a small fine.
200sex
Newcomer

December 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 02 December 2002 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who really cares. If you speed and get caught its your own bad luck. Doing 180 in a 60 zone is definately stupid but come on... as if we dont all do 10-20 over the limit.
No one here is a saint. People at car forums like to drive and experiment with their cars... dont sit here and start telling us that "i dont speed, only at night..." and all that BS.
...Unless you have a 3cyl charade and cant actually go faster than 60

AbaddonGZE
Regular

July 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Mon, 02 December 2002 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you mean?

I only speed at night.. when there is a full moon out.

Smile
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Tue, 03 December 2002 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure we've all done something silly under the influence of testosterone or horsepower or something Razz I know when I first got my celica, which was unregistered at the time btw, I 'might' have been doing 100kph in a 40kph zone... Freaky thing was as I was hooting along, I saw a cop in my mirror, he musta turned in on me. What freaked me out even more was that he turned off at the next street. I almost shat my dacks
sweathers
Regular

May 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Wed, 04 December 2002 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Answer to the Original Question

Im lead to believe this is a a guys girlfriend, the guy I know vaguely, mainly through a good friend of mine.

The girl was driving the guys car because he was hammered.

Suffice to say she lost her license.

The following week, or maybe two, she was behind the wheel again, with two other people in the car, one her boyfriend and the Commo's owner. She was speeding, passed out at the wheel, killed her boyfriend, and put the other passenger and herself in intensive care.

f*cken appalling

jimbo

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: P-Plater in Sydney clocked at 125Km/h OVER speed limit. Anyone we know? Wed, 04 December 2002 10:06 Go to previous message
yes, that certainly is appaling. If you do a stupid thing (which we are all guilty of im sure!) then you are taking a risk. If you get caught you suffer the consequences. When you do so you live with it, because you were taking a risk knowing full well what happens if you get busted.
Hence this girl is retarded, deserves to NEVER be handed a licence and unfortunately has killed a person, but thankfully will have to live with that reminder of her OWN stupidity.

i just dont understand this sort of mentality that this girl had
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Slow-arse internet connection HELP !!
Next Topic:Exhuast Flames ?!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 08:06:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13941311836243 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.