Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 01:10 Go to next message
just wondering about the best way to go about it...
like do you buy them done or is there a paint?

i heard a story that commadore owners just stretch stockings over them! Laughing

but im also worried about them being too dark afterwards... they're not really bright as is
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon3.gif  Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just buy some tinting paint and spray the insides of the lenses.

It's also illegal AFAIK.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course it's illegal, but legalities aside, it's just plain stupid. Tail lights exist for one very basic reason: visibility. What part of your brain thinks it's a good idea to reduce the visibility of your vehicle? Were there any thought processes involved at all, or do you think the perceived "cool factor" justifies it regardless?

[Updated on: Fri, 29 November 2002 01:56]

gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sensitive subject
norbie gets quite upset when he gets his period Razz .
u must tread carefully
in all honesty it does look good but its an insanely stupid thing to do
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon13.gif  Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks good?? I think not!!
Taillight tinting was the RICE thing to do before the ALTESSA light craze came along!

You guys agree with me or what?

And don't try to justify tinting taillights with " BUT look at the Series VI RX-7s!!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well its pretty much the same as making your car faster! You cant drive any faster on the street legally! its just "cool" thing to make it faster! You know how it is! "My car is faster than yours! Well my cock is bigger than yours" and so on!
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm how did the topic go from "tinting taillights" to comparing "penis size"! haahha only on TOYMODS!
Laughing
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUT look at the Series VI RX-7s!!

Razz Sorry had too!!!!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Fri, 29 November 2002 13:58

Ummm how did the topic go from "tinting taillights" to comparing "penis size"! haahha only on TOYMODS!
Laughing

Only with Shane/Cool1....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing I'm sure you all know what I was getting at Rolling Eyes Very Happy
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: black tail lights Fri, 29 November 2002 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It can look good on some cars, and on those cars i dont see it as being rice (a very missused term now).

Anyway... what would be wrong with tinting them, then using brighter globes to make up for the effects of the tinting?

[Updated on: Fri, 29 November 2002 14:54]

SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: black tail lights Sat, 30 November 2002 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*SIGH* MWP: I was comparing the tinting of taillights back in the late 80's and throughout the 90's as the equivalent of the application of ALTESSA style lights nowadays!

And no I don't misuse the term RICE! However I will bag the shit out of someones econobox that they try to pass for a higher spec model, ie. guys with CXI EK Civics with EK Type R bodykits and Type R stickers all over it!

Or Lancers which IMHO would look really nice with lets say a Droid kit....then slap hundreds of RALLIART stickers all over it!

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: black tail lights Sat, 30 November 2002 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually saw a lancer not that long ago that some goose had gone to the trouble of changing all the panels (must have cost more than the car...), wheels, sausage rool exhaust, stickers, wheels, etc. etc. etc. (including the rediculous looking lights) to make it look like an EVO - damned shame they forgot the ditch the invisible drum brakes on the back and nearly-as-tiny discs on the front! Inside were 4 'people' of, er, 'eastern' origin, all about the same height as the window line, all on their mobile phones, seats cranked waaaaay back and thinking they were being soooo damned cool. Soooo damned cool in fact that the little tool 'driving' ended up in my lane a few MM away from my car.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: black tail lights Sat, 30 November 2002 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRSHIN: hehe yeah that is so like this car here on the gold coast. Its an older lancer, with an EVO III kit on it, green on gray two tone pain, about 50 stickers in total, and yes..... you guessed it, DRUM brakes at the back the size if KIWI BOOT POLISH TINS, and DISKS at the front size of CDs. He was also talking on his mobile while leaned against his bonnet, and just looking at people to see if they where checking his car out. I checked it out alright.... and said "WOW look at those EVO 3 drums on the back!" when about 2 meters from him!! He gave me the biggest GREASY LOOK ever!!

Pissed myself laughing! Very Happy
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: black tail lights Tue, 03 December 2002 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FINE THEN!!!
i didnt think people were against it that much...

i was just thinking of ways to make the arse end less family car looking (but not a church pew rear wing)

by some people's definitions my car is rice, but i dont think that anything cosmetic i do makes my car faster like various other people out there.

i know my car is percieved as a family car, but currently i cant afford to upgrade to anything more serious, so im living with what i have until i can land a full time job

maybe i should listen to the g/f and stop spending money on something that depriciates in value, take out the stereo cause it hurts her ears, take off the mags, peel off the stripes and revert the interior to its original colours. and maybe i should drive more like my grandma to preserve my car and my life.

WELL SCREW THAT I SAY
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: black tail lights Tue, 03 December 2002 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is nothing wrong with Camrys!!!!

RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: black tail lights Tue, 03 December 2002 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck you guys get narky over this shit. It's true, in reality, hoons like yourselves that mod cars for speed is more stupid than ricers. At least they can legally show off where all their money has gone legally and safely, the whole thing is just as stupid as the corolla/celica thing, RWD/FWD thing and so on. Just individual perference, You guys say that "ricers" think they are so cool with their stickers and fiberglass, well you guys mostly sound the same with your turbo's and CAI's!!!

Shit! "riced" up cars look fuckin horn!! Look at the popularity of the autosalon for gods sake!! Not all the cars there agree with everybody but I challenge anyone to say that they have ever gone to an autosalon and NOT wanted one of the cars there!!

"RICER" is a clasification, it's someone who values their cars looks over performance, we are the opposite, we are "HOONS". These terms shouldn't be used as a put down, as true beauty is in the eye of the beholder and each individuals choice is his or her own, hell, all you guys bagin' on Ricers are just jealous anyway!!

On the point of the post, yeah, tint the lights, if you're car is dark then it looks horn, but make sure you can still see the lights!! But don't worry too much, if anyone hits your ass it's their fault anyway (J/K!!!) (obviously, if you have tinted tail lights then your car will be defective and it will be your fault)
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: black tail lights Tue, 03 December 2002 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMFAO!!

Who's got a spare box of Kleenex to dish out?? Very Happy

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: black tail lights Tue, 03 December 2002 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA28 wrote on Tue, 03 December 2002 16:07

Fuck you guys get narky over this shit. It's true, in reality, hoons like yourselves that mod cars for speed is more stupid than ricers. At least they can legally show off where all their money has gone legally and safely

Just a point of clarification. Tinted rear lights, blue wiper spray LEDs, shift lights above the level of the dash, neon underneath the car, and waaaAAAAaay too many other things that I couldn't be bothered thinking of right now are not legal. The main reason such mods are not legal are because they are not safe.

Just thought I'd point that out.

I don't like rice. (Says the guy with the transformers stickers Very Happy)

And I can be as narky as I want! It's my name! Laughing Laughing
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: black tail lights Tue, 03 December 2002 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Nark. I'm not against tinted lights because it's "rice", I'm against it because it's dangerous and stupid. For the record I also think it looks crap, but that's a subjective thing.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: black tail lights Tue, 03 December 2002 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While we're on the topic.... WTF is with the complete FUCKSTICKS who tint their HEADLIGHTS??? I hate tinted tailights enough, but tinted headlights????!!!!

???????????????????????????? Mad

Most are on mid 80s bombodores.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: black tail lights Tue, 03 December 2002 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tinted headlamps are foolish and dangerous.
They dont look that great anyway.
(MY TWO CENTS)
JUZZO
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: black tail lights Wed, 04 December 2002 14:42 Go to previous message
Bah fuck it... what you guys say we just take our lamps out of headlights and taillights Shocked ........lets close this thread or rename this site........RICEMODS! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oil Cooler for 1jz
Next Topic:Fan Belts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 15:20:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059759616851807 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.