Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Canceled - Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Wed, 16 March 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested.
Remote filter, cooler & maybe thermostat.
  Send a private message to this user    
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Wed, 16 March 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interest here too for:
P/N 10195 - Universal Engine Oil Cooler Kits with Remote Filter kit :250HP cooler - $146.15
and
P/N 1060 - External Thermostat - $50.53

Need to make sure that I won't have 2 coolers though ( i have a bid on another one at the moment.)

Edit: can we get a rough estimate for postage? Going by IRALLY's price to get his relocator kit landed, looks to be about $30-$40 or so??? Obviously the package would be a bit larger though.

Eddie.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 10:39]

krayzie
Regular

April 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Wed, 16 March 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put me down for down for this pending postage prices.

10195 - Universal Engine Oil Cooler Kits with Remote Filter kit 450HP cooler - $195.69

Cheers
Andrew
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Wed, 16 March 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interested.
pm me some prices when they get back to ya
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Wed, 16 March 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry all still waiting..
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Wed, 16 March 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well while waiting for summit to get back to me about group discounts I thought i'd call customs to clarify some things.

All I can say is they are the most unhelpful department ever!

Conversation went something like this :

Hello, I want to inquire about import fees from posting car parts from america to australia.

Well, you will have to pay a customs tax of either 3%, 5% or 10%.

Ok, so which one is it?

You can fill in a tarrif assesment form. But that will take over 1 month.

.. Damn dunno why they cannot just tell you what its going to be.

Anyway so it will be either 3, 5 or 10% + 10% GST .. So best case senario is 13% tax, worst will be 20%. That percentage is charged on the total figure including postage.

So it looks like we really are going to be in the dark until they arrive.

Makes it hard...
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down for,

P/N 10195 - Universal Engine Oil Cooler Kits with Remote Filter kit 450HP cooler - $195.69

Thanks

will Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 17 March 2005 01:13]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This isn't looking too good guys.. Got some more info from customs just now..

Goods with a value greater than $250, if imported by air or sea, or greater
than $1000, if imported by post, are required to be formally entered using a
Customs "Entry for Home Consumption". This is a fairly complex form to fill
out and is subject to a cost recovery entry processing fee of:
$65.75 per entry plus $1 per line after the first line for manual sea
entries; or
$48.85 and $1 per line after the first line for manual air/post entries.

It is suggested that first time or infrequent importers engage the services
of a customs broker who, in addition to completing the Entry, can undertake
a number of tasks associated with the import process on the importer's
behalf. As a result of their online connection to Customs computer systems,
brokers have access to lower processing fees, although they will charge for
the services that they provide. Look under "Customs Brokers" in your local
yellow pages for details of firms near you.

------
Seems all getting too hard to me. Unless we get some massive discount I think its going to be cheaper just to order them all seperately. Because most orders individually will be under $250 and not get hit with all these problems.

Whats everyone think?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 13:51

Seems all getting too hard to me. Unless we get some massive discount I think its going to be cheaper just to order them all seperately. Because most orders individually will be under $250 and not get hit with all these problems.

Whats everyone think?

Yeah it looks like it will be too much rouble, unless someone who does this stuff regularly can advise us otherwise.

Good work so far Joel, it looks like its been a pain in the arse.

Thanks,

Jezza
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah its under $1k because if we get them to send it via USPS it comes in under the "by post" clause and is a $1k limit.
Thats why i suggested we split the order, as there seems to be enough interest from SA alone to fill a $1k budget if not more.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok well thats another option.. I might try and see how much these brokers cost.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont worry about the brokers. Ive ordered $800+ worth of gear from the US and it wasnt picked up. Ditto for Japan. Had heaps of gear come in, no issues.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so in that case should we organise 2 seperate buys? Like someone in SA looks after one order (taking money etc) and myself in Sydney?

Or I put the whole order in and talk to summit about sending to 2 different addresses?

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either option would work. But i daresay summit may want to deal with just the one "rep". So if youdidnt mind the extra work of sorting out who goes where then it could work to ship it to two different addresses.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True..
I've PM'd the guy who organised the torsen LSD group buy I was part of last year to ask his advise also because he brought in 10 $600 diffs so want to see how he went with customs etc.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 13:40

Yeah the plan would be to have it all shiped to Syd and then from there we can work out how to get it to everyone. Like if there is a few people in SA maybe it can go in 1 box down there and then distributed.

I'm trying to get some information from customs on import taxes etc. Having trouble finding what i'm after. Appears GST has to be paid on the total price including freight price.

Anyone had any experience with bringing stuff in from US?

Thanks
Joel

Joel,
what usualyl happens (esp if there is some value) is that you will be charged 10% (previously 15%) duty cos they are auto parts, and then 10% GST on top of that, for a total of 21% extra for no reason Sad

also previously, if the duty payable was less than $50 they ignored it. you may still have to fill otu the forms tho.

the broker and fees are only if it is by freight or over 1K in post. USPS is half the price of UPS, even for their EMS service.

what you could do, is to organise a group buy discount on the parts themselves, but get them to post to each person individually perhaps?

why not order direct from Permacool instead of Summit?

oh and i'd be interested in a thermostat and maybe a remote filter housing.. dunno which yet Wink

Cya, Stewart
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, and to work out the tariffs, go to:

http://www.apectariff.org/
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in for one, will check back later to see whats goin on
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm interested in this GB - particularly the:
P/N 10195 - Universal Engine Oil Cooler Kits with Remote Filter kit :250HP cooler - $146.15

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey joel on a rough head count what the number interested???

from what i can gather its like 20-30 and if thats the case then we are almost at $3000-$4000 @ $150-$200 average cost pp
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that is right there is heaps of interest here.

I am trying to get in contact with Perma-cool directly to see if they can supply the parts. No luck with summit they dont seem to reply to any of their emails and I dont really want to deal with a company that I cannot contact easily.

I think the idea of having a few seperate boxes sent out, maybe 1 week apart also is a good idea. Keeping each box well under the $1000 mark.

I'll keep everyone posted.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 17 March 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds like a good idea to get them shipped seperately thats if they accept the request... then we can get them in sections, ie, one set to vic, the next to SA, etc, etc

or another option is that they can send them all at once to a few of us, ie, ill take a set and distribute it and joel you get a set, etc etc
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 20 March 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for those that are interested I finally pulled finger and mounted the inline cooler to the remote filter kit today, no loss in pressure and very easy add in series. You just need to make sure you have the right Dia fittings and cooler for a full flow setup.

man this thread died quickly diddnt it Sad
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 20 March 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down for 1 relocation kit (4age) if it goes ahead
ninja_86
Regular

January 2005
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 20 March 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what is the latest???
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 20 March 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well for the price maybe you guys would be better off doing it as individuals instead of a group buy, a lot less hassle and stress for Joel Razz and you can all order as soon as YOU are ready for it. I doubt youd get much more than $10 off each item anyway as a group buy.

just a suggestion, up to joel really with where he wants to go with it

[Updated on: Sun, 20 March 2005 10:19]

purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 20 March 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do we go about ordering for ourself?
Scootaphill
Regular

November 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 20 March 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me know if this goes ahead, im intrested in: P/N 10695 - Universal Remote Oil Filter Kit - $55.13

cheers

phill
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 20 March 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRALLY: what gauge tubing are you using for the full flow setup?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 20 March 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well just a quick update.. Summit offer no group discounts. They basically stated that their prices are the lowest possible already.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Perma-cool. But based on Summits response, it would be easier just to order individually considering there is no discount. Then all the import duty problems go away also Smile

I'll let you know what I find from Perma-cool though.

Cheers
Joel
turbokid
Regular

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 20 March 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When is this going ahead?

I am interested in a few things.
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Mon, 21 March 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, I dont want to steal this thread, but if you get fed up trying to buy from the yanks, and dealing with importing, give me a call. I have a few oil take offs with & without thermostats built in, on the shelf, also 13 row alloy oil coolers. I have supplied these for 4A, 3T and 3S engines (some direct fit, some need small mods). As I run a performace engine shop, its not fair to directly advertise on this forum, so once again i say I am not tyring to hijack this.perhaps the originator can contact me if appropriate. Over to you guys. terry
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Mon, 21 March 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

IRALLY: what gauge tubing are you using for the full flow setup?

1/2" x 500psi
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Mon, 21 March 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terry, can you put up a comparative price list for us then?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Mon, 21 March 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or a phone number at which we can contact you Smile
trd-16l
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Mon, 21 March 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested in 1 of the P/N 10195 - Universal Engine Oil Cooler Kits with Remote Filter kit
250HP cooler - $146.15
enki
Regular

August 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 24 March 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is this goin ahead or are we goin our seperate ways and if so whats the number we can contact go get some of these items????
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 24 March 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all, well it looks like there isn't any group buy discounts to be had on these items. So it's going to be best to go our own ways with it. Wont be hit with so many taxes that way either.

Here are the places I was going to purchase from..

http://www.summitracing.com/

or 1ra11y got his directly from www.perma-cool.com (but I haven't been able to contact them via email).

Good luck everyone and let us know how you go!

Cheers
Joel

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 24 March 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
question?!? how many of you guys have oil temperature guages anyway?

cos I know my oil is cooled by the coolant at the oil filter so any extra heat in the oil should come out in my radiator.

but i dont even have an oil temp guage so I'm not pointing any fingers.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 March 2005 04:34]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 24 March 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and I have a box of oil filters to get rid of

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=63597&start=0&rid=44&S=dba835558ab19 7c82b9e98bace6fa934
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 24 March 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i run a temp gauge for the oil
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 24 March 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ditto, not hooked up yet, but there.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Fri, 25 March 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
knew you would have one michael

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Fri, 25 March 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it may recently have changed. but when i get bike parts. its 5% import duty on the price of the item. then 10% gst ontop of the the total cost, including the shipping.

no idea what changes once you get over 1k. never ordered quite that much plus it was bike parts, so might be differant.

definately interested in a full kit including thermo. pm me when it gets close.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Fri, 25 March 2005 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

knew you would have one michae

what are you saying man Razz

I just like to know whats happening with my engine Smile actually im thinking of running another sender so i can measure both sides of the cooler, I got a nice little tip on how to do this the other day while still using just one gauge
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sat, 26 March 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

----------------------
P/N 10195 - Universal Engine Oil Cooler Kits with Remote Filter kit
250HP cooler - $146.15
450HP cooler - $195.69

id like a 450hp oil cooler Kit
NERD
Regular

November 2004
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Sun, 27 March 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be interested in this

P/N 10195 - Universal Engine Oil Cooler Kits with Remote Filter kit 250HP cooler - $146.15

Cheers
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 31 March 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2005 02:45]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI Group Buy : Remote oil filter, oil cooler kits. Thu, 31 March 2005 01:57 Go to previous message
Quote:

Hi all, well it looks like there isn't any group buy discounts to be had on these items. So it's going to be best to go our own ways with it. Wont be hit with so many taxes that way either.

Here are the places I was going to purchase from..

http://www.summitracing.com/

or 1ra11y got his directly from www.perma-cool.com (but I haven't been able to contact them via email).

Good luck everyone and let us know how you go!

Cheers
Joel

Guys as per my last message.. No group buy discounts to be had. So best just or order them yourselves. This way less problems with taxes also.

Sorry didn't go ahead with this but didn't seem to be beneficial at all to do a group buy.

Cheers
Joel
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:twin 40 mm carbs
Next Topic:sc12 supercharger SOLD!!!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:14:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094380378723145 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.