Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Finally a challenge Wed, 04 December 2002 21:34
The title may sound like I think my car is "the bomb" but I don't. I drive a stock 91 mx83 cressida with 180k on the clock.

The reason behind the title is that noone has even bothered trying to run me from a set of lights before now (except a hilux once, but yeah)

The other night I was driving to work along Wanneroo Road headed towards Perth City when I pulled next to a dark blue EF falcon with a guy in his mid-20s driving. As I do from most lights I gave it a bit, and then so did he, so the next lights it was on.

One of his tyres squealed briefly on the green light and I had him by half a car through first and second up to ~90-100kph then backed off to ~120kph before i slowed back to the speed limit.

Only a minor victory, but with 1L and 4 years in favour of the EF, I'll take any small win I can.

I think Perth has a million people or so, making this occasion one in a million.

The next night along the same road another car was trying to play, but I didn't even bother...good thing too because there was a cop car at the same lights (obscure intersection so I didn't see it until further down the road).
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Flying brake pads .. NOT HAPPY!
Next Topic:I'm Connected!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:42:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041680335998535 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.