Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Rotating turbo core Thu, 31 March 2005 05:43 Go to next message
I would like to rotate the core of my turbo due to the position of the oil drain, it isn't facing downward enough. Is it safe to rotate on any turbo, I'm kinda worried about disturbing the alignment of the shaft etc. It's easy to see how to rotate the turbine side, but the compressor side looks complicated. Any ideas?? Should I just give it a go??

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Rotating turbo core Thu, 31 March 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On mine the bolts in the center section had to be loosened and then it was easy. After you do it, spin the compressor wheel as it may be slightly stuck. Then it is all good Smile
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rotating turbo core Fri, 01 April 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the compressor side for mine was quite simple. You just loosen all those bastard bolts around the outside (heaps of them, but just loosen them all)
and looseen off the bolt for the turbine side
and then they spin around each other.
Just make sure you don't un-evenly tighten things up though, not real hard, just pay attention to what your doing.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rotating turbo core Fri, 01 April 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As stated - it is straight forward to rotate the core. Take your time and take care.

If it is something like a CT26 Tojo turbs, you will need to slip it apart first (stupid circlip on comp cover and vee band on turbine housing) - look at the c pin location and drill another receiver hole for it at the desired location.
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Rotating turbo core Sun, 03 April 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool thanks for that guys. On the same note, i suppose it is ok to pull the turbine side off yourself to go and get it ported and polished - what I mean is, will it line up ok when u put it back on?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rotating turbo core Sun, 03 April 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so long as the guys porting it have the center, so they will be able to line it back up once they've ported it.
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Rotating turbo core Mon, 04 April 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool thanks
driftpig180sx
Regular

December 2004
Re: Rotating turbo core Mon, 04 April 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also rule of thumb when rotating turbos, make sure you crc/wd40 soak or bath the exhaust housing when rotating the core as due to heat it will be a bitch to rotate around. Also make sure you put the housing on properly as the exhaust wheel does not rub on the housing.

Comp housings are piece of piss to rotate, only exhaust side is the bitch.

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Rotating turbo core Mon, 04 April 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt think you could rotate the compressor side of something like a CT26, cause the actuator bolts to in and it wont line with the wastegate?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rotating turbo core Mon, 04 April 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your probably very right evosti, I've got an external gate.
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Rotating turbo core Tue, 21 June 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The turbine side is well stuck!!
Is it safe to give a bit of a hit or could this cause damage??
Any suggestions - she aint budging??
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rotating turbo core Tue, 21 June 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tap it with a persuader. my brother's turbo had the same problem, just would not budge. some tapping with a hammer (gently, and evenly all around) plus some WD40 made everything better
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Rotating turbo core Tue, 21 June 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thanks I'm just a bit worried about putting things out of alignment, but I'm probably overly concerned. By the way, is there a seal where the core joins the turbine housing?? Could this be damaged at all??

I'm scared Embarassed
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Rotating turbo core Tue, 21 June 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have the same dramas at the moment. I have a CT26 (CT20B actually) and have removed the vband. I have a hydrolic seperator thing and have put a crapload of force on the housing and only managed to seperate one side about half a mm. Should I just give it some more power captain?

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2005 09:45]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Rotating turbo core Tue, 21 June 2005 12:32 Go to previous message
clocked the spare t25 for the feroza the other week, i found the compressor side a b!tch as it took me ages to get hold of a pair of circlip pliers big enough that would work!! Mad after that it was easy.

http://img166.echo.cx/img166/4376/centerexhousing13jp.th.jpg

with my ex housing i soaked it in Inox and had to repeatedly bash it with a rubber mallet to get it loose.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Soarer manual help!!!
Next Topic:Finding 1MZ-FE 3.0L V6
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:20:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054841041564941 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.