Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Annoying Birds (5) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
icon8.gif  Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 03:18 Go to next message

Currently I have a peewee Bird that is constantly flying into my glass window pecking at it and making it all dirty.... it will do this for hours on end

How do You think I should get rid of it?

in a humane and nice way? Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
place chilli powder all over the window........
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i once had a few bugs and shit that i had squashed on the inside of my bedroom window anyways. Somehow the birds must of seen em and kept flying into the window i killed like three birds in a day.
ATM we have a stupid friggin sparrow that attacks are side mirrors on the car it sees it reflection and tries to feed so we cop regurgiated food all over the mirror and scratches from it beek.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time2play wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 13:19

place chilli powder all over the window........

mmm thanx will try...
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just kill the fucking thing, its only a bird.

if a bird makes my window dirty, the thing better fly faster than the rock ill throw at it...

Eldar.O.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The PeeWee is a very terratorial bird. It's seeing its own reflection in the window, and it's too dumb to realise that it is itself that it is seeing. Mind you, nice work CC on having lovely clean windows Smile

After a while he'll give up (may take a few days to weeks), but you can always place a mirror out in the yard, near the window. He'll see that and hassle the mirror and leave your window alone.

seeyuzz
river
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you shure its not rob_ra40? hes done that "little nicky" thing before "i'm just a big birdy in the tree"

Allan
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a box of catfood - cut the cats face off the box - stick it in said window !

its worked for us for 10 years now against sparrows who want to nest under the garage , and mudlarks bashing the windows .. they dont come back in a hurry !
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was in kindy we had a brid fly in the room and knock itself out on one of the windows and kill itself needless to say there was a lot of hysterics in the class room. I was used to it as we used to breed budgies and they'd fly into shit all the time especially ones that we hand reared in the house, we play with em and they would get lose and fly into shit all the time, the classics were the ones that flew down the ventilation gap for the wall oven needless to say after a roast dinner a couple birds have been lost that way.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 12:14

when i was in kindy we had a brid fly in the room and knock itself out on one of the windows and kill itself needless to say there was a lot of hysterics in the class room. I was used to it as we used to breed budgies and they'd fly into shit all the time especially ones that we hand reared in the house, we play with em and they would get lose and fly into shit all the time, the classics were the ones that flew down the ventilation gap for the wall oven needless to say after a roast dinner a couple birds have been lost that way.

AHAHAHAH noice and crispy!

we had about 5 or 6 pigeons slam into classroom windows at various points in time, also, one memorable day, during woodwork, i was using the lathe, and a bird decided to fly in and try to stand on the rotating peice of wood...

needless to say, i took the bird outside.

Eldar.O.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Annoying Birds Fri, 01 April 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i hate those noisy dirty ibis'

Laughing Laughing Laughing
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Annoying Birds Sat, 02 April 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/fordpigeon2.html

oh how i laughed
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Annoying Birds Sat, 02 April 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What River said works a treat. We had one last season, it'd spend hours looking in the side mirror of the wife's Falcon.The bastard would shit all over the top of the door. I put a small mirror in the garden next to the car and it went and used that one instead.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Annoying Birds Sat, 02 April 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 13:54

Hi,

The PeeWee is a very terratorial bird. It's seeing its own reflection in the window, and it's too dumb to realise that it is itself that it is seeing. Mind you, nice work CC on having lovely clean windows Smile

After a while he'll give up (may take a few days to weeks), but you can always place a mirror out in the yard, near the window. He'll see that and hassle the mirror and leave your window alone.

seeyuzz
river

been there, done this... No No No

then the fuckin thing started attacking the rearview mirrors on the supra...

what i did - mirror on the back veranhah, upside down washing basket propped up with stick over the top of the mirror, long piece of string... beer, newspaper, waited...

caught the fucking bird, got in the car, drove 20kms away, and let it go - never came back
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Annoying Birds Sat, 02 April 2005 10:17 Go to previous message
You'd think, if you had the ability to fly, the first place you would go, would be up in the sky....i think most birds missed that memo.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:lcd computer monitors
Next Topic:in reponse to Toyota Nut's victory over red 300zx
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:14:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093650817871094 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.