Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » white redline??? speedo question???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
white redline??? speedo question??? Thu, 31 March 2005 22:47 Go to next message
ok ive been driving my celica for a few weeks now and i have found out the following problem

- my engine redlines at 4700 rpm, like i mean it just stops revving.

wat can cause this or is this how the engine is sposed to run

ta22, 2tgeu haltech f7b.

ok next question

i have a t50 gearbox in my celica and just as a guess that means that my speedo should be correct. yes/no???

y is my speedo 20km/h wrong???

is there a possibility that my gearbox isnt a t50?? i have noticed that a t50 shifter from a 75 celica looks totally diffrent to the one i have in my car, but i have a quickshift or thats wat i was told, could this account for the diffrence?? i dont think the t50 shifter out of my 75 celica would have fit neway, it just looked totally diffrent with diffrent angles and everythin.

any help appreciated
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Thu, 31 March 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 2T-G is a revvy engine, it's only just starting to get up and go at 4700rpm, so there's definitely something wrong here. Without being able to see/hear it we can only take wild guesses what the problem is though. The Haltech could be poorly tuned (fuelling problem), the spark plugs could be rooted (ignition problem), someone might have put a 4700rpm limiter on the Haltech (user problem), or any number of other possibilities.

As for your speedo problem, it's more likely you have a different diff ratio and that's throwing out your speedo readings. It's a possibility you have a W55 (the only gearbox that will fit apart from a T50) but it's pretty unlikely for an atmo 2T, and I doubt this on its own would make such a difference to the speedo anyway.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Fri, 01 April 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ive put brand new spark plugs in. its getting tuned on thursday. and i will get them to see if it has a limiter.

is there a way to tell a w55 apart from a t50??

is there a way to iddentify the diff??

thanx, laterdays
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Fri, 01 April 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilcrash wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 08:47

ok next question

i have a t50 gearbox in my celica and just as a guess that means that my speedo should be correct. yes/no???

y is my speedo 20km/h wrong???

is there a possibility that my gearbox isnt a t50?? i have noticed that a t50 shifter from a 75 celica looks totally diffrent to the one i have in my car, but i have a quickshift or thats wat i was told, could this account for the diffrence?? i dont think the t50 shifter out of my 75 celica would have fit neway, it just looked totally diffrent with diffrent angles and everythin.

any help appreciated

sounds like somebody has put some fully sik wheels or tires on it (ie. bigger than standard size wheels/tyres).....therefore in every rotation of the wheel it may be goin 50mm (hypothetical) further per revolution.....so you are going further/faster than what is being measured by your speedo

that is the common cause of speedo error
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Fri, 01 April 2005 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope its not the wheels in that much error. standard was 185/70r13 and i have 195/50r15 = makes the speedo 1km faster then my wheels.

thanx neway
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Sat, 02 April 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
different gearboxes have different speedo drive gears which
can be swapped, seems like your gearbox has a speedo gear unsuited to your diff ( thats why they have different gears for different diffs) maybe you can get them new?

or you can get you speedo re-calibrated, its should be the magnet type i think.

or you can get a mechanical speedo correcter, its a little ratio device.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Sat, 02 April 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer il ask how rong it is wen they tune it

laterdays
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Sat, 02 April 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going from 13 inch tyres to 15 inch tyres will throw it our more the 1km/h..that would be most likely where u get your difference. i got a 15 km/h difference going from 13 to 14' in a corolla.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Sat, 02 April 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people100 wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 12:53

going from 13 inch tyres to 15 inch tyres will throw it our more the 1km/h..that would be most likely where u get your difference. i got a 15 km/h difference going from 13 to 14' in a corolla.

Erm... the tyre profile is smaller to compensate for that.

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/index.htm l?menu.html&tyre_bible.html
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Sat, 02 April 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyre size diffrence = speedo reading with non stock tyre is 2.2% too fast

wen speedo says 60mph, actual speed = 58.7

laterdays

oh and wanna know sumthin kewl my car kicks ass hehehe Smile

i just race a few commies and won

yay

laterdays
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Sat, 02 April 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused Confused Confused
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: white redline??? speedo question??? Sun, 03 April 2005 13:12 Go to previous message
2T-GEU is a very revvy little engine, took mine up to 6500-7000 occasionally, no power past that(just noise...), but they keep going till there(7000).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:blacktop 20v with auto trans
Next Topic:st162 suspension
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 09:26:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055601596832275 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.