Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 02 April 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in a g200 charade that gap is perfect for a pack of smokes and lighter
no matter how quik the corner they aint coming out of there Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 02 April 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girls who like boys who like boys who like gurls to be boys

just thought id spam it up and boost the status lol
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 03 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 14:19

do yous really think it would be much of an advantage to lose p/s?

its like takin off air con i didnt notice wen i took mine off
anyone taken the p/s off?

I think in conjunction with lighter pulleys and replaced belts (if the aircon / power steering are no longer in), there might be noticable gains. No specifically in more power, but losing less before it gets to the ground.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 03 April 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
**forsale**

88 celica tail lights
a1 condition
ill get some fotos up tomoro
80 bucks pair
they fit in all 162 celicas
they also look beter than the 86 lights so bit of a face lift

does anyone know if a 162 celica with the 3sge came out without air con , cauz i wanna remove my air con compressor but not sure if i can get a belt over the counter without fuckin around?
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 03 April 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure a/c was a standard thing on all st162's. if u want to remove the a/c then ur going to have to match up something over the shelf, thats gonna be the only way. Sad
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 03 April 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brad.

I have never known an SX to come without a/c.
some ST came without a/c but they used a different pulley system to tighten the belt. it shouldnt be too hard to get a measurement of the belt and buy 1 to that size... however I think u need to consider how your gonna tighten the belt once its on.

Karl
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 03 April 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i thought but yer
anyone done this b4 with a #item number
or am i goin in the dark lol
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 03 April 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone a computer wizz here?

ive got ems engine mangament
and ive got a lap top with ems software
now when i plug the serial 9 port plug into my laptop and load the software it doesnt find the cd? ive just tried using standard communication settings .. its still wont see it so i thoguht maybe i need a usb to 9 pin adaptor.. whichd ive just bought off my best friend ebay.. lol

does anyone know if this should fix the problem?
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 03 April 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 16:37

**forsale**

88 celica tail lights
a1 condition
80 bucks pair

I'll take them, will PM you.

With the serial cable, COM ports are so archaic. It could be a bios thing, it could be the connection itself, it could be the chipset not properly configured in Windows, or just a simple error. A real headache to troubleshoot without being there. The USB is a good bet, as long as the software EMS supports USB connections.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2005 15:49]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 03 April 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 18:37

does anyone know if a 162 celica with the 3sge came out without air con , cauz i wanna remove my air con compressor but not sure if i can get a belt over the counter without fuckin around?

Dude, you can measure the distance needed quite easily with an old stuffed belt and then buy the correct size belt. Most belts are named (and it's always written somewhere) what the length is where you buy them.

I think Dayco? make them.. all their model numbers are the length in CM if I am not mistaken.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My extractor setup is for sale!

These are very nice Berkey extractors, their exit straighter to the head than the Genies. Basically big 4-2-1s

I am selling the whole setup from head to cat. It is all welded and has the stainless flexi and oxy sensor flange + oxy sensor.

It will suit a series II ST162 with the oxy sensor beneath the firewall on the pipe.

I bought some other extractors and these have to go. They are not even 2 years old.

I am looking for $350. I will install it on ya car if you like for $390.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob i may be very interested in that
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah no worries

this is much less than it cost me, and it's worth! I paid $400 and that doesn't include the stainless flex and piping etc etc

The only *drawback* is that the piping once the extractors finish is like only 2'' to the cat. But meh, at this price
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know this is not for sale section but yer gotta get rid of my shell soon as its takin up space.... i got 90% of the inside of the car.... windows, boot lock , boot cable , etc etc etc just pm me if u want something may as well help someone out rather then crushin it lol... just wanna get rid of it prices will be dirt cheap
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll take ya sunvisors Smile
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know this is not for sale section but yer gotta get rid of my shell soon as its takin up space.... i got 90% of the inside of the car.... windows, boot lock , boot cable , etc etc etc just pm me if u want something may as well help someone out rather then crushin it lol... just wanna get rid of it prices will be dirt cheap

also got 2 left hand side aka passeneger side indicator/parker lights for sale but i think bucknaked wants one of them. both in good cond no cracks etc
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nezza already got my sun visors
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My current car is an SX and it doesnt have AC-its not that it was taken off but it didnt come with it.Where the controls are on the dash it has a toyota plug instead so i take it that these did come out.

Actually, if my memory serves me correctly they were assembled in japan without AC and it was installed on our shores when required/ordered for a customer. I'll see if i can take some photos of my pulley set up for ya

Another thing-If i have series 1 extractors will the still be okay to put on for series 2?Will the o2 sensor still reach or fit?The new car im getting has them but they're not as clean as mine.Cheers guys
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

replaced all my radiator hoses today, also replaced the starter with the one rob sent me.

On that note, thanx rob, help me out very well, at a VERY good price Very Happy packaged well too.

I may be selling my steed soon though, bank offered me some money, and I want a MR2 or GT4.

Cheers all

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 08:24]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doobs wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 18:08

Ey all,

replaced all my radiator hoses today, also replaced the starter with the one rob sent me.

On that note, thanx rob, help me out very well, at a VERY good price Very Happy packaged well too.

I may be selling my steed soon though, bank offered me some money, and I want a MR2 or GT4.

Cheers all

hehe oh yeah, hey doobs, I have mailed you the starter Wink lol

so the starter works great? it looked pretty new

StuC -> my extractors have a spot specially for a series 1 oxy sensor, so you could easily mount it, and just put a cap on the spot where the series 2 sensor plugs in.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the 02 sensor dont fit just extend the wire its just a signal wire only one wire to extend
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thaNks stuC

ill go to repco tomoro and order a belt
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 18:54

if the 02 sensor dont fit just extend the wire its just a signal wire only one wire to extend

not sure about that bro... are not the series 1 oxy sensors dual wire non heated and the series 2 4-wire heated?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmm the 02 sensor i had on my 86 was one wire.. the one on my 88 was 3 or 4.. so depends wat u had i definetaley had one wire on the 86 cauz i still got the sensor

cauz my 88 one was down near the east west x member

and the 86 one was like the exhaust manifold

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 09:25]

jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my series 2 is a 4 wire!!! and blimey!!! its hard to get a new one
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 04 April 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my SX 88 before the conversion had 4 wire under the intake manifold like 20cm after the sump!

Nezza Cool
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 05 April 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are those AW11 boys up to!

I think an aftermarket one will cost ya like $80 for an oxy sensor from oldcorollas
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 05 April 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat does old corolas sell... everything aftermarket or wat ;lol?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 05 April 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bosch and NTK I think
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 05 April 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so he sells everything in those brands? does he have a site or saomething or u just ask him
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 05 April 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u ask him Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 05 April 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here mate

http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/oxygensens ors.html
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 05 April 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a spare 4 wire O2 sensor as well. if anybody wants one

let me know. I also have the single wire one.
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 05 April 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
consider the 4 wire not available as i have yanked it!! Very Happy
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 06 April 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 16:37

**forsale**

88 celica tail lights
a1 condition
80 bucks pair

or an ass lift so to speak
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 06 April 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,just replaced my old cracked rear swaybar "D" bushes/mounts with some nice red nolathane units.Far out it was easy stuff!it took longer getting the 10 wheelnuts off and jacking the car up! Razz
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 06 April 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw,

Matt your car is looking awesome buddy!

Also has anyone had experience fitting a pod filter onto a sr20de in an s13?its really straight forward except for this one hose.its on my mates car and i just had a 10sec look at it for him. this hose is coming from either the rocker cover breather or the exhaust manifold and it runs through this black box and into the lid of the airbox. i was thinking of just fitting a little breather filter onto the end of it, instead of blocking it off all together. any ideas?
Smile
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 06 April 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its either a oil blow by thing if it comes from the tappet cover... or some other thing that effects idle i think try block it up... dont put a breather on it the cops will get u for emiting raw emiisions
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as some of you would know my fuckin car wont start lol
ive some to another conclusion

ive checkd all ignition wires aka ecu loom
there all fine
so now it leaves me with...... maybe the dizzy is rooted , or the igniition sender inside it anyone heard of this happenin in 3sge or 3sgte
or anyone got an idea if that could be it

ill give u the run down once again lol

some times it sparks occasiaonly but not as much as it should
sometimes it sparks ntohing at all
ive replaces whol ignition system minus the actual dizzy its self
any ideas its really startin ti shit me
all this power under the house lol
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you tried the rotor button Brad?

ON another note i picked up my car last night.So in the driveway and on my front lawn i have my 86 celica and next to it my new red, full black leather interiored 87 celica.

Im gonna take the engine out next week and start the process of building it up.Fist thing will be bearings seals and rings on the block.Then i'll need to save for the head job(hehe)

And ive also discovered that it has a set of pedders springs and more than likely new struts in her too which will come in handy for the sale when im done.

There's only a few small probs with her that i can tell so far-i need to re-wire the elec windows or at least clean em up a bit and fix lock alignments etc etc.

I'll keep you guys posted and will put up some pics later
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also have the exact problem with my 3sge once in a while it just wont start. I think someone here said it was a faulty ignition? oh well...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer ive replaced that lol
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh mine turns over.. it just wont fire like the spark is all out of wack and sometimes just dont spark

or is urs the the same problem
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah pretty much same problem.
i mean it will start everyday fine, but once in a while, say every 2 weeks or so, depending on my luck, it just doesnt start. doesnt even crank over just clicks and thats it. But the slightest push start will get it running.

I also heard someone say it could be the air flow meter getting sticky on certain conditions ? But it only ever fucks up on me when i first go to start the car in the morning.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP_st162 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 23:07

yeah pretty much same problem.
i mean it will start everyday fine, but once in a while, say every 2 weeks or so, depending on my luck, it just doesnt start. doesnt even crank over just clicks and thats it. But the slightest push start will get it running.

I also heard someone say it could be the air flow meter getting sticky on certain conditions ? But it only ever fucks up on me when i first go to start the car in the morning.

this is a common problem with the wire connectivity to your starter. a relay boosting power to your starter will fix ur problem rp162.

Brad.. have you tried using another ignitor...and is ur dizzy pulsing with the ecu. these need to be working in perfect harmony for the car to start.

karl
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior
how do i acheive this relay, which would boost power to my starter??? is it just a + or -wire extending from the starter to my battery or ignition
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one wire goes to the battery, another wire to the thin wire on the starter motor, another wire is obviously goes to the earth and im not sure where the other one goes. I will check tomorrow as my car has one. auto electrician quoted my nephew $30 to do it on his car. problem solved.
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks heaps warrior,
i will definitly be checking in to my mechanic tommorow and get him to do it for me, lol, i need hoist Razz

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got both single and 4 wire one spear....the single wire one is like only 12month old and was like 80 bucks...

give me a pm if u want!!!..lol

Nezza Cool
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 07 April 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got a accelerator cable? for sale
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 08 April 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah different problem ur problem is either the starter motor is rooted or the relay for it is rooted raplace the relay it will be fine

mine cranks but wont fire
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 08 April 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ones constant power
ones signal
ones earth

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2005 02:26]

matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 08 April 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,

Right now I am VERY close to getting a new motor from a half cut, I just posted this in the Tech section if anyone here has any insights it would be appreciated!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=65207&start=0&rid=5539&S=471e83f132a 90ae1a21a1e2c645cc77b

Cheers,
Matt
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 08 April 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP_st162 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 23:40

how do i acheive this relay, which would boost power to my starter??? is it just a + or -wire extending from the starter to my battery or ignition

Mate,

That is a load of shite !

The car already has a relay and the starter motor already has a relay in/or on it.

It's called a Solenoid.

The problem is the contacts in the Solenoid get burnt and go "High Resistance".

You can either replace them or take the solenoid apart and file down the contacts. (Which is pretty easy to do, once you get the starter motor out)

So don't waste your money on getting a "relay to boost power"

I had exactly this problem with my old ST162 SX.

edit: Check out this Link

"http://yotarepair.com/startercontacts.html"

Cheers
T.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2005 08:46]

RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 08 April 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers mate, that link was very helpful.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 08 April 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may have been ur problem but the relay was my problem

i know it already has a relay they fuck up but
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 08 April 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesse ... warrior would probly have one lol i swear he has 2 houses full of 162 shit
haha
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 09 April 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay so i was wrong about the pedders shocks but it does have new struts by the feel of them and get this, lowered king springs at front and either sagged(but still really good) OEM at rear or cut ones. So im gonna donate my standard heights to the lucky buyer of my car when its ready.

just 1 Question tho-does any one know how much low kings will drop our car compared to standard?or how low will super low go? Ive decided that i need to be brought down a notch or two but am not sure how far. Thanx guys
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 09 April 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 30mm lows mine dropped heaps in the rear, but the nose kinda dropped from way above standard height back to standard height... Confused Super low is pretty damn low, i've got a picture i can post if you like.
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 09 April 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
matt86sx wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 16:15

Hey Guys,

Right now I am VERY close to getting a new motor from a half cut, I just posted this in the Tech section if anyone here has any insights it would be appreciated!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=65207&start=0&rid=5539&S=471e83f132a 90ae1a21a1e2c645cc77b

Cheers,
Matt

Dude,

Can't wait to hear how the Gen3 3SGE goes.
Keep us posted. No doubt you will, and good luck with the
conversion.

Cheers
T.
Pages (63): [ «  <  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:26:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014625787734985 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.