Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Sun, 01 December 2002 22:07 Go to next message
complete set of Aus-spec AE-86 Sprinter front brakes, including discs, hubs, calipers & pads. - $100

Jap-spec TA-22 Celica front brakes, including vented discs, hubs & calipers. not too sure how different they'd be to the Aus-spec TA-22 brakes, but ive got them & i dont need them, so they up for grabs. $offers? not sure how much theyre worth...

in Sydney.

email me at: mr20v@email.nu

cheers

-Haydn
  Send a private message to this user    
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Sun, 01 December 2002 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i may have a use for these. what diameter and thickness is the disc. can you send a pic. ta
Tris
Regular

September 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Sun, 01 December 2002 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What size are the rotors, are the brakes twin or single piston on the calipors?

cheers
tris
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Mon, 02 December 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which brakes are you guys talking about?

im selling a set of AE-86 Sprinter brakes & also a set of TA-22 Celica brakes.... both are different.

please specify.

and no, i dont have pics of either. sorry.

-Haydn

[Updated on: Mon, 02 December 2002 00:45]

Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Mon, 02 December 2002 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both sets have single piston calipers...
Tris
Regular

September 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Mon, 02 December 2002 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im talking about the ta22 brakes, what size are the rotors, are the calipors a desent size, or are these brakes not much bigger than the standard ta22 brakes other than they are ventilated.

cheers
tris
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Mon, 02 December 2002 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be honest, ive never bothered having that good of a look at standard Aus-spec TA-22 brakes, so i wouldnt consider myslef really qualified to compare them.

ill try & measure the rotors tonight for diameter & thickness and get back to you.
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Tue, 03 December 2002 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright, just got back in from the garage with the measuring tape & it seems the TA-22 discs are 250mm in diameter & about 19mm thick. definately vented & although the calipers are single-piston, the pistons themselves look pretty large.

offers over $200.
(there cant be too many sets of these floating around, right?)
Smile

-Haydn
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Tue, 03 December 2002 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vented discs never came out in celicas until the RA60, so in theory there are no sets of these floating about!! They must be from a different car eg AE86, are you definatethey even bolt-up to a TA22?
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Tue, 03 December 2002 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
according to who i got them off, theyre from a Jap TA-22... *shrugs* i dont own one, so im not about to argue.

does anyone want them?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Wed, 04 December 2002 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id be interested in them if i knew that they DEFINATELY bolt up to a aus spec ta22 ..

pictures would be handy - or a definate yes or no if they fit then we can talk about it

Im needing new front rotors on my ta22 - and calipers - so they could be a good thing

the only other concern is the backing plate off the strut - whether they are the same ..

If you can answer these questions - get back to me

Stuart
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Wed, 04 December 2002 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said, i dont have a spare TA-22 celica lying around to check if they definately fit, but if youre interested in them, i may be able to arrange that you borrow one to test fit it...

i dont have pictures, unfortunately... but neither does the Trading Post. Wink

the backing plates are also there, but one is a little dented.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Wed, 04 December 2002 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anybody close by to you able to help out a little - its a fair hike to have to send them all the way down here to colac ( south of melbourne by a bit ) only to find they dont fit Smile

for your convenience and mine Smile

If you know anyone ( im sure theres plenty of help in your area toyota owner wise ) it would be greatly appreciated - It would also solve a good mystery for others looking to buy JDM ta22 brakes - if they are any better than aus spec
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Wed, 04 December 2002 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any volunteers???
Sammeh
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Thu, 05 December 2002 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do you live?
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Thu, 05 December 2002 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the backing plates are all different. the sprinter has 3 different bolt patterns and I guess TA22 at least 2. You need to sketch the hole and 4 mounting bolts locations & I'll work it out. trace it off a back plate and email to me as a scanned file(tobeirne@skillpro.com.au) Make sure you add a few dimensions so I can correct the file for shrinkage!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Fri, 06 December 2002 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW the AE86 was available with vented discs in Japan, but I'm almost certain the TA22 was not. Are you sure you haven't got the two confused, ie the vented brakes are actually from an AE86 and the solid ones are from a TA22? Just a thought...
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Fri, 06 December 2002 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, im sure...

the stub axles are thicker on the Celica than on the AE-86.

the solid ones, i pulled off my car, so i know theyre definately AE-86 brakes. theyre going cheap... best offer gets em, i have no need for them & theyre taking up space.

the vented ones would not fit on my car, as the AE-86 stub axles are smaller. according to the importer who i bought the vented brakes off, they came off a Jap TA-22. im not going to argue, as theyd have a much better idea than me, seeing as though they were the ones who took them off the car in Japan.

i live in Hurstville if anyone is keen enough to come & test-fit one btw...

-Haydn
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Fri, 13 December 2002 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am interested in the celica vented brakes. do they fit under 13" wheel??. how about sending me a tracing of the back plate as per earlier posting so I can confirm what they will fit. cash waiting!!. thanx
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brakes f/s (AE-86 & TA-22) Sat, 14 December 2002 03:50 Go to previous message
Terry,

i assume theyd fit under a 13" wheel.

ill get back to you as soon as i can with details on the backing plate diagram.

\cheers

-Haydn
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE71 Engine Xmember
Next Topic:W58 gearbox $250
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:32:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074048042297363 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.