Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » AE86 track car??? help me decide.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
icon1.gif  AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 07:45 Go to next message

Clear the defect or make a tarck car?[ 25 vote(s) ]
1.Clear the defect 7 / 28%
2.Create a track drift car 11 / 44%
3.Sell the 86 7 / 28%

Hi there...
Well i need your help to decide what i should do with my AE86.

I have recently been defected Crying or Very Sad ..... BUT i had it coming as most people who have seen/heard my car would expect. Rolling Eyes

Now i'm faced with the the fact that in order to keep my Hachi on the road.... i'll have to get it road worthy and get it epa'ed and get it cleared by Vic roads.

It is possable, but the amount of effort and waste of money to get it to a "road worthy"/down graded state is what has made me think about just going futher with the "un-road worthiness" on my car and just make it a track car.... or i could just sell it (i doubt that would happen Twisted Evil ).

Even if i did road worthy my car.... i know that i would just modify it back to how it was and probly just keep goin till i got defected again...then i'll be back at square 1.

So what do u guys and gurls think i should do???

Thanks for your time.

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you get it to the track?
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRACK IT RON!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRACK IT NOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i could get it to a track... since we only hav track days once a month.
oz_eight6
Regular

May 2003
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get it back on the road. we need the hachi army to make a presence on the road Wink

my 2 cents
spent all my other cash on the car
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, what were you defected for? Razz
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If u have anuther car with rego id just make it a track car, therefore u can spend more $$ on it rather spending muney on rego, insurance shit like that. But if its ur only car to get around in chuck an airbox on it and what eva alse u have to do to it to make it road worthy and just drive it on the road respectively then when u hit the track rip ur air box off n shit like that n go nuts!
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cop wrote down...
*Engine oil leak
*No cam gear Covers
*Wheel rim jammed
*Steering wheel ..sharp edges (?)
*Excessive noise

Simple enough to fix, but i still need to get it road worthy, which will add another list on things to fix.

For those that havent seen my car...Its the Yellow and black 86 in the latest drift battle mag in the 'Hachi Hoods' section. Very Happy
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank for every 1's Opitions...keep em coming.

nightdevil, Reading your build up is very inspriational...
I plan on buyin a shit box holden as a daily driver. Laughing

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat did he say about the carpet?
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He ran out of room on the defect Laughing
43sgte
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheel rim jammed?

explain Confused
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking at your car in Drift Battle, id suggest saving sum $$$ and paint up your wing and bonnet the same colour atleast. Personally id paint bars and sideskirts as well, just so it looks a bit more respectable and more cop friendly. Also with the oil leak id look at where its coming from and try n bodgy it up to clear the defect if its goin to be to expensive to fix, then save sum $$ for that to fix later on, fix ur wheel Jam as it wouldnt be good for ur car, new steering wheel and chuck sum cam gear covers on man. I know it might not look as good but hey its the law, as much as it sux!! its the only way to enjoy ur car man! Then u can have ur car as road/track car. Prob most sensible thing to do i think. Thats what im doing.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Sun, 03 April 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
43sgte, wheel rim jammed... meaning... the rim is slightly bent ont the lip.

nightdevil, i see your point.
-CBF about the paint... i'd rather spend money on my engine.
-Oil fix is for sure... i've been meaning to do that anyway.
-The rim aint bad, cop just happen to notice it.
-My engine didn't come with cam covers... this too was another thig i've been meaning to do.
-According to the cop the only steerin wheel i can hav on is the stock 1.

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Tue, 05 April 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron man seriously just stock-o it again and get it rwcd... put it this way, would you rather drive the 86 every day.. or just once a month...

No No No

Kev.

Oh by the way man, I just found out my cousin knows u from tafe haha, his name is Jim Rook and he just got himself a sprinter and is just about to do a blacktop 20v conversion.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Tue, 05 April 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFTAE86 wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 18:15

cop wrote down...
*Engine oil leak
*No cam gear Covers
*Wheel rim jammed
*Steering wheel ..sharp edges (?)
*Excessive noise

Simple enough to fix, but i still need to get it road worthy, which will add another list on things to fix.

For those that havent seen my car...Its the Yellow and black 86 in the latest drift battle mag in the 'Hachi Hoods' section. Very Happy

Thats nothing really... To clear the defect you might also want to put carpet back in and stuff just for the day.

Swap your wheel over, either get new rims or get the rim fixed, find a cam gear cover.. as for excessive noise... get teh damn thing tuned and it'll prolly be half as loud Wink
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: AE86 track car??? help me decide. Tue, 05 April 2005 08:50 Go to previous message
DONT LISTEN TO THEM!!! TRACK IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! think of the possibilities ron. you could be victoria's hibino!! dammit track it nowww!!!!!!!! i dont care what you say i'm going to your house now to strip the rest of your interior. see you there!

sab
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F@$kload of Sprinter in DB magazine
Next Topic:Setting up a new Car Shop
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:41:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055961608886719 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.